Black wrap / stealth look

abbas2099

Verified Owner
Cars
Matte Black AGT
Just got my car back. I think they did a really nice job with it. It totally looks stealth except for my rims. I need to get those power coated.

Attachments

• E9A0BAA2-35C9-4046-89F7-0882E5B3B4A1.jpeg
    E9A0BAA2-35C9-4046-89F7-0882E5B3B4A1.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 943
  • CEFBB7E3-2365-4A01-8821-316BC37CB7C8.jpeg
    CEFBB7E3-2365-4A01-8821-316BC37CB7C8.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 949
  • 93B03431-27FB-431E-BC9C-B62E71F572F3.jpeg
    93B03431-27FB-431E-BC9C-B62E71F572F3.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 886
  • 41F532A9-57B4-4E73-9EA2-74BDF67D5640.jpeg
    41F532A9-57B4-4E73-9EA2-74BDF67D5640.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 948
This is a very aggressive look….

Personally speaking, i think Satin wrap would go better than Matte. Either way, car looks unique! great job.

Personally speaking, i think Satin wrap would go better than Matte. Either way, car looks unique! great job.
Thanks.. I always wanted a dead black color like the Batmobile Tumbler. The Satin for me gave it that slight shine which I didn’t want. To each its own. Maybe MaryKay will have a pink version :)

Thanks.. I always wanted a dead black color like the Batmobile Tumbler. The Satin for me gave it that slight shine which I didn’t want. To each its own. Maybe MaryKay will have a pink version :)
ahh yes love that batmobile finish! =) definitely can't wait for you to powder coat the wheels...it'll add that final touch.

Lucid will charge you 6k just to do the bright work. You probably got a bargain!

I get mine back today from the PPF installers I did a little differently so I will post pics once I pick it up

I think it looks nice. Please show us how it looks if/when you powder coat the wheels.
Will do…. Have to find a place… I also ordered the classic license plate so it will be black as well!

Just got my car back. I think they did a really nice job with it. It totally looks stealth except for my rims. I need to get those power coated.
The car gaps are really uniform and good.

Not intended to offend anyone as I know we all have different tastes but I believe chrome is dead and should be used sparingly on cars, it's outdated and typically it's the older generations that probably still like it more than younger generations. You can see that it's disappearing on a-lot of cars these days. I'm early 40's and the Silver \ Chrome look on the Lucid has been the sticking point \ compromise I accepted for what I otherwise think is a very good looking car. If the stealth was available day 1 I would have ordered it hands down over the the current styling. Having said that, I think the silver \ grey combo does match really well but on the other colors it tends to make the Lucid look like an old persons car. I've had numerous people tell me it looks like an old persons car also. With its current styling the Lucid is a wolf in sheeps clothing as I don't think people would look at that car and know it's got 800hp+ under the hood so to speak. The stealth option makes the car look like what it should be, a performance beast with an aggressive look.

I see chrome as old luxury not new \ modern luxury that Lucid is supposedly going for. I'm waiting to see if Lucid can retrofit some of the stealth options to my AGT (If I ever get it back) and then wrap the other parts that it can't.

Not intended to offend anyone as I know we all have different tastes but I believe chrome is dead and should be used sparingly on cars, it's outdated and typically it's the older generations that probably still like it more than younger generations. You can see that it's disappearing on a-lot of cars these days. I'm early 40's and the Silver \ Chrome look on the Lucid has been the sticking point \ compromise I accepted for what I otherwise think is a very good looking car. If the stealth was available day 1 I would have ordered it hands down over the the current styling. Having said that, I think the silver \ grey combo does match really well but on the other colors it tends to make the Lucid look like an old persons car. I've had numerous people tell me it looks like an old persons car also. With its current styling the Lucid is a wolf in sheeps clothing as I don't think people would look at that car and know it's got 800hp+ under the hood so to speak. The stealth option makes the car look like what it should be, a performance beast with an aggressive look.

I see chrome as old luxury not new \ modern luxury that Lucid is supposedly going for. I'm waiting to see if Lucid can retrofit some of the stealth options to my AGT (If I ever get it back) and then wrap the other parts that it can't.
I agree with you. I was planning on "deleting" some of the chrome before they came out with the stealth option. My plan now is to "stealth" it out myself to some degree.

I love the brushed aluminum trim pieces. The chrome bits are meh but I'm bad at imagining how things would look different if I changed it. I am a purist when it comes to cars. It has to look good stock!

I agree with you. I was planning on "deleting" some of the chrome before they came out with the stealth option. My plan now is to "stealth" it out myself to some degree.
Disagree lol. I like the chrome and not completely stealth look. Which is why I did mine my way and after seeing OPs post, I’m glad I did it my way. Not a fan of the entire chrome delete. To each their own

I also agree. I think the chrome looks best with gray. That being said, I still intend to leave the chrome alone on my gray GT, especially after receiving it today.

I also agree. I think the chrome looks best with gray. That being said, I still intend to leave the chrome alone on my gray GT, especially after receiving it today.
Mine was grey with the chrome/brushed aluminum. I totally agree with @HC_79 that it doesn't match well. That was my first complaint when they 'unveiled' my car during pickup day. I could have just wrapped those areas but really did want an aggressive look to the car.

My wheels are to get painted next week. Will post more pictures as the Batmobile gets completed :)

My wheels are to get painted next week. Will post more pictures as the Batmobile gets completed
Hopefully you don’t end up in a situation like me where you spend all this money on wrapping etc and then the car is dead in the shop for 4+ weeks with no ETA.

Back