Best reactions to your Air

Dropped off at the airport. The 2 cops keeping traffic flowing at the drop off point walked up to me to ask what car is this? It looks different and really nice. I shared my standard spiel about Lucid. They gave a thumbs up at the end of it.

I’m in Houston currently and have been on the lookout for ya!

Need a Lucid chauffeur? What are you doing in Houston? Looking for Peet and Dutch Boy coffee?

Need a Lucid chauffeur? What are you doing in Houston? Looking for Peet and Dutch Boy coffee?
Haha! My daughter lives here so we are visiting her for the weekend. So far we’ve had a couple good coffees at more local places. Going to look at lights in one of the neighborhoods tomorrow. Message me if you have any good suggestions while I’m here! My daughter is still new to the area and hasn’t explored much.

The most common comment I get is, "What IS it?"
My neighbor told me it looked like a Batmobile.
I live in a very non-tech area of NC and I don't think people have any idea what it is, nor do they care. When I go to the Raleigh/Durham area, I see heads turn to do a double take.
I just love her because she is so different. I saw someone on this forum say that you get a Lucid because of it's "otherness". I loved that statement.

I was at a furniture store in Vero Beach Florida. As I was leaving, the owner standing at the window, asks me "what kind of car is that?"

I replied: "It's not actually a car, it is a time machine. I've just arrived from the future to pick up that winning $1.8B lottery ticket, but I got here a day late" 😜

I was at a furniture store in Vero Beach Florida. As I was leaving, the owner standing at the window, asks me "what kind of car is that?"

I replied: "It's not actually a car, it is a time machine. I've just arrived from the future to pick up that winning $1.8B lottery ticket, but I got here a day late" 😜
“Oh, so that was you? Sign here and we will wire it…”

Interesting reaction to mine at a parking garage in NYC: “Red Lexus” …!!!

IMG_9241.jpeg

View attachment 17195

I tried to order a rear license plate frame for our Lucid that read, "Not Your Father's Oldsmobile", but I couldn't find a way to fit it all on in a legible size.

View attachment 17195
If all goes well for Lucid, in a few years there will be a Gravity out there, and a lower end model, Lucid's version of a Model 3. Then everyone will know what a Lucid is. But I'll miss these days of it being somewhat unique and people not knowing what it is and stopping to ask about it.

I tried to order a rear license plate frame for our Lucid that read, "Not Your Father's Oldsmobile", but I couldn't find a way to fit it all on in a legible size.
Not much of a issue considering that oldsmobile isnt known to anybody younger than 40 with no car interest lol

Not much of a issue considering that oldsmobile isnt known to anybody younger than 40 with no car interest lol

True, but I don't care about anybody under 40 who has no interest in cars . . . unless maybe they're spending their time breaking new ground in cosmology.

Had this red Ferrari passed me and made loins vroom sound then slow down to check me out then vroom away again. He repeated it 3 times. He was really admiring Air GT. I was just not in a mood for race today.

A6C7D3F9-E010-42E5-A5DC-694A8A234F73.jpeg

True, but I don't care about anybody under 40 who has no interest in cars . . . unless maybe they're spending their time breaking new ground in cosmology.
did I hear my name?
yes I have stories to share about the rocket 88 ... had a Cutlass Supreme that we used on the PA state forest roads scouting places to foot-launch hang gliders in the '70s. Not great ground clearance. Not recommended. Strong roof will support 4 gliders. Great highway cruising.

Left it in a parking lot to join a van headed up to the mountains for the weekend. Was found in a lake.

It's one thing to sell a car: pass it on.

My cars ... are chosen. it hurts to lose them.

did I hear my name?
yes I have stories to share about the rocket 88 ... had a Cutlass Supreme that we used on the PA state forest roads scouting places to foot-launch hang gliders in the '70s. Not great ground clearance. Not recommended. Strong roof will support 4 gliders. Great highway cruising.

Left it in a parking lot to join a van headed up to the mountains for the weekend. Was found in a lake.

It's one thing to sell a car: pass it on.

My cars ... are chosen. it hurts to lose them.
Cutlass Supreme was considered high end in my neighborhood. I was driving a hand me down Plymouth Duster at the time. Spacious and reliable 2 door.

Cutlass Supreme was considered high end in my neighborhood. I was driving a hand me down Plymouth Duster at the time. Spacious and reliable 2 door.
Wow, that was my first new car. Had a canvass roof installed which was a popular thing at the time. The Chrysler 225 slant 6 was one of the best engines ever. You couldn’t kill it.

Back