Best reactions to your Air

I had a similar experience today. Took my car in for a required safety inspection to a local tire shop. All the bays emptied out with everyone gathered around the car!

What was your experience re: safety sticker ? Went to my local independent and he just put the sticker on without looking or fee. I bought pizzas for the crew. Everyone happy. (this is PA)

What was your experience re: safety sticker ? Went to my local independent and he just put the sticker on without looking or fee. I bought pizzas for the crew. Everyone happy. (this is PA)
I'm still waiting on my paperwork from Lucid or Penn Dot to confirm my plate has been transferred from my Jag to my Lucid so I can go and get my inspection sticker.

What kind of a car is that?

Lucid Air

Wow! Who makes it?

Lucid

Yeah, I got it, it's a Lucid, but who makes it?

Lucid

Is that like a Tesla?

NO, IT'S LUCID AIR, MADE BY LUCID, IN ARIZONA!

Lucid Air

Wow! Who makes it?

Lucid

Lucid

Is that like a Tesla?

You must be ignorant @Igor. Its common knowledge that lexus makes lucid. Go do some research next time.

Oh, they were interested in the car so went through the drill. Had to show them a few controls so they could drive into the bay. The conversation went EXACTLY as @Igor listed above. Verbatim!

Guy in a Tesla S performance just rolled down his window to tell me 'That thing is sick!'
I would have responded, sell your Tesla and get yourself one.

Just pulled into an EA station and was waiting for precon to finish when a man pulled up and asked me to roll my window down. He saw me drive by him and he "just had to come back and check your car out." He wanted to know if he could take some video of it, which I allowed. He wanted to know if I live here (Wichita) as he hadn't seen one here yet. He wasn't a YouTube'r so no telling where it'll show up.

Lucid Air

Wow! Who makes it?

Lucid

Lucid

Is that like a Tesla?

That made my face hurt. Good laugh. I am pretty sure we have all had that conversation. It is a big laugh when some else has it.

I had two this week. A guy in a EQS pulled up next to me while moving to give a big thumbs up.

The next day, I was leaving the dentist and a guy in a work truck with a "Let's Go Brandon" sticker rolled down his window to ask about it. He asked if it was a hybrid and said it looked sharp.

Its been posted by other members. I have previously posted it. But never the less it keeps happening when I am charging:

Observer: Nice car. Um…..Lucid. Who makes it.
Me: Lucid makes it.
Observer: Nice but who makes Lucid
Me: Lucid is the manufacturer
Observer: Lucid, never heard of it, who makes it?
Me: Then I tell them the Peter Rawlinson story.

This has happened numerous times when charging. It happened again, today. People love the car. I am new to EV’s. About 20 minutes of charging the Lucid and another 40 minutes telling/showing people about/the car. Glad I am retired and have the time to talk. From my experience the EV community is growing and really enjoy talking about their cars. I am not kidding about up to 40 minutes talking about the Lucid.

Several times I have come back to car to find a headprint and some fingerprints on outside of drivers window from someone who must have been wanting to see insides of car up close.

Back