Best reactions to your Air

@joec Congratulations. Can you post pics of your interior against white exterior?
Not the best pics, but it'll give you an idea. Keeping this car clean the Boulder winter is going to be a real chore.

IMG_1328.jpeg

IMG_1325.jpeg

IMG_1332.jpeg

I have seen countless jaw dropping expression pulling into any parking lot. Here are the most memorable reactions...

- 2 teens crouching around my car taking selfie at night while I was EA DC charge.
- A MB Maybach rolled down driver window to phone video me and stalled the right turn lane and got honked.
- A Ferrari Spider zoom passed me at 100mph then slow down to my speed shoulder to shoulder to check out Air.
- 2 Teslas (appeared to be friends) got next to me on interstate had me sandwiched in middle and their passengers rolled down windows to to video/photo my Air.
- Went to Apple Store to fix my phone, technician saw my phone wallpaper has Air and me on it and next thing I know was several Apple store geeks went to back of store to check my phone wallpaper and one of them even stalked me from mall to parking lot to see Air.

I was just having an afternoon coffee and spotted a group of young guys gawking over my Touring. Couldn’t tell if it was a “What the heck is this thing?” moment or a “Hey, it’s a Lucid!” moment.

But it’s a bit like a Bigfoot sighting at this point in Boulder. Which tickles me. Never had such a rare car before.

Someone literally followed me home last month to ask me about the car. At first I thought she was just a neighbor, but then she said “I just had to follow you home to ask you about your car”.
That's a come on line I have never heard before!!!! 😄

I had an older fellow berate me in the Costco parking lot about how they should be illegal due to the speed and, "once you all realize that you have to pay for the car the used market is going to be overloaded with them." I had no idea how to respond I was so caught off guard.

The good one is when a guy kept slowing down to give me a thumb's up (like 5 times). :)

I had an older fellow berate me in the Costco parking lot about how they should be illegal due to the speed and, "once you all realize that you have to pay for the car the used market is going to be overloaded with them." I had no idea how to respond I was so caught off guard.

The good one is when a guy kept slowing down to give me a thumb's up (like 5 times). :)
Cool. I guess we should also still be in carriages driven by horses too, and I hope he never buys a non-CRT TV, because lord knows all that new-fangled technology is bound to fall apart. Hell, have you seen how thin these new TVs are? I bet they’ll crack if the wind blows at them and the used TV market will be flooded with them, you’ll see.

I had one a few weeks ago, full family in the car coming home from dinner (wife + 3 kids). Wife is driving, apparently my driving makes her nauseous A chopper pulls up even with us and starts to rev the engine and look over. Kids are all shouting to show him what fast is, youngest calls it teleportation. My wife is a little unsure but decides to give a good stomp, leaves him significantly behind, kids all cheer. Good fun.

A few miles later, same bike pulls up, he lifts his visor, I roll down the window and he says "f*$k that thing is fast, that's a Lucid?" I smile and nod. Family haulers can be fun.

Common reaction around town (and typically high school kids): stand, point and shout "what the F*** is THAT"?

Dropped off my wife at a Chevy dealership to pick up her car - the entire office emptied out and surrounded the Lucid. One of the salespeople asked "How do you have this car? It isn't available yet" "where did you buy it? do they have a dealership in Ohio?"

Lots of Tesla owners respond with a smile and a thumbs up; some with a middle finger (why, I don't know)

I think the best was when we pulled up to a light next to a Corvette. The woman in the passenger seat is literally screaming "look at that car! look at that car! it is sooo cool". Male driver is burning a hole in the windshield NOT looking at the Lucid :)

Wife, as she pulls down the visor and flips up the flap to see the mirror. “We’re going to talk about this.”

Me: “Just fold the flap over on itself and it’ll stick.”

Her: “Ahh. Okay.”

Thanks, forum.

i was at a red light at the precise moment i was having issues with the frunk lid not closing completely so car was in turtle mode. The guy in the heavily tinted Tesla Y next to me at the light takes out his entire ipad and is taking pics of the Lucid while i'm trying figure my way out of slowing traffic down to 35mph. Quite a stressful, yet glorifying moment.

My wife commented later that she was just hoping the Tesla owner wasn't taking video of a Lucid struggling! Good for me the speed limit was only 40 so i doubt it.

Today I got my first "Is that a Lucid?" at a coffee shop.

Me: "Yeah. Just got it a few weeks ago."

Guy: "Wow. I didn't think they were in production yet." (Turns to friend.) "Executive at Tesla got fed up with Elon, started his own company."

Me: "Close enough."

I have alot of Tesla's in my development. My house sits right on the corner lot to the entrance to my development. My Touring will spend more time in my driveway than my garage for the first couple of weeks. 😉😉

My neighbors thought my Jaguar XF and XJ were head turners, wait until they see "Chameleon!" She'll be Red at dawn and Black at dusk. 😂😂

Last edited:
While I get the usual thumbs up and the cars that pull up next to me to look over the car there are some annoyances. I normally like to park my cars at the end of the parking lots to avoid door dings but this also makes the car stand out sitting there by itself. Many times leaving a store there are people hawking my vehicle and trying to look into the tinted windows.

Well, that was a fun experience this morning…

I pull into a parking lot near one of the usual coffee shops I like to frequent, and I notice a cop sitting in his SUV near the entrance. I take the turn nice and slow, then pull around and park on the far side, away from other cars (to avoid door dings). As I'm opening my door to get out, I notice the cop is circling around towards me.

Oh crap. What did I do? Is it my AZ temp tag? Is it the lack of front plate? Did I go too fast?

Keep in mind, even though I've had the car for a month, Lucid still hasn't sent me any title paperwork. So I can't go to the DMV to get registered and order plates. If this guy asks me for registration, I have nothing. No way of proving the car is mine. I have an insurance card, but that's it.

He reaches my car. "Hey, is that some sort of dealer show car, or something? I didn't think these things were shipping yet."

Turns out, he's just a guy who heard of Lucid but hasn't seen one yet.

We have a nice conversation. He has a lot of questions. I explain the temp tag. He doesn't seem to care. He's impressed with the glass roof and the power frunk.

He asks if he can take a picture to show his wife. Sure. Why not?

Bizarre way to start the morning.

Yesterday after lunch as I was walking towards my car, my wife and I noticed a gentleman looking at the car, from the front, the side, trying to look inside, Touching the car. My wife goes to me, "that's really creepy." I said I guess so, but its not an uncommon reaction that I've come across. When I got to the car he was just interested in knowing more about it. So I spent a few moments to indulge him and away I went. Hopefully I'll be seeing more in the area. Just wish that referral program was already in place.

Back