Best Practices in Charging and Efficiency

Yup, their v2. Their v3 brought that down to a 60amp charger.
oh 100 amp circuit breaker gotcha. went from 80a max output on v2 to 48a max on v3. May have to plan for the future and get an 80amp j1772 charger like a wattzilla or something. Can lucid take 80amps AC? or are the ac inverters limited to 48a like on newer teslas? I know older teslas could take 80amp but they got rid of the dual 40a AC inverters.

oh 100 amp circuit breaker gotcha. went from 80a max output on v2 to 48a max on v3. May have to plan for the future and get an 80amp j1772 charger like a wattzilla or something. Can lucid take 80amps AC? or are the ac inverters limited to 48a like on newer teslas? I know older teslas could take 80amp but they got rid of the dual 40a AC inverters.
The Lucid Home Charger is able to be placed on a 100amp circuit

I talked to Lucid Customer Care today, and now they're saying Q4. Seems like these never will arrive.
Expect to see them alongside the CarPlay and Dream Drive Pro releases 🤣 Q4 (2023)

Has anyone seen one yet? 🤣
Yeah, the Millbrae service center has them (and they work), and I suspect other service centers do too. They're just not available for *purchase* yet.

Yes, the Lucid can handle 80A. The on-board chargring unit is rated at 19.2 KW. Therefore, 19200 watts/240V = 80A. That is also the maximum charging amps.

Yes, the Lucid can handle 80A. The on-board chargring unit is rated at 19.2 KW. Therefore, 19200 watts/240V = 80A. That is also the maximum charging amps.
Can you determine from your calculations how many KW it will be able to eventually be able to send into the house during a blackout once they get the software figured out?? And how long that would last with the 118 KWh battery??

Can you determine from your calculations how many KW it will be able to eventually be able to send into the house during a blackout once they get the software figured out?? And how long that would last with the 118 KWh battery??
Like driving a BEV, how long it will last depends upon how much energy one uses in the house. A 5,000 square foot house in Arizona will use a whole lot more electrons than a 1500 square foot house in San Diego.

Like driving a BEV, how long it will last depends upon how much energy one uses in the house. A 5,000 square foot house in Arizona will use a whole lot more electrons than a 1500 square foot house in San Diego.
Yeah I certainly understand what you are saying. It is very difficult for me to determine how much energy my house uses because I have solar that essentially more than offsets my annual bill. I can see from PG&E when during the day I am generating more KWh than I am using and the opposite by hour but I don't know what happens to my solar generation during a blackout?? I don't have batteries so I will be relying on the Lucid to power my home during an outage. I'm assuming my solar generation will stop in an outage but I'm not sure how to factor that into calculating how much energy it actually takes to power my house. And obviously it will depend on the time of year and how much A/C I'm using, etc.

Yeah I certainly understand what you are saying. It is very difficult for me to determine how much energy my house uses because I have solar that essentially more than offsets my annual bill. I can see from PG&E when during the day I am generating more KWh than I am using and the opposite by hour but I don't know what happens to my solar generation during a blackout?? I don't have batteries so I will be relying on the Lucid to power my home during an outage. I'm assuming my solar generation will stop in an outage but I'm not sure how to factor that into calculating how much energy it actually takes to power my house. And obviously it will depend on the time of year and how much A/C I'm using, etc.
If you have a switch to disconnect you from the internet you should be able to still use solar during the day (although I am not sure what would happen if you generated more electrons than you could use). Of course, at night you would have to use the car since you don't have batteries.

I don’t think the PG&E usage info would be lost by your solar use - should be able to track KWh by day on their site when you sign into your account. I recall doing this when investigating solar with Tesla (bailed when we learned their calculations were bogus - not enough sun at our place).

Just note, that adapter can only handle up to 48A. Don't screw around and try to charge with 100amp going through it.
Didn't someone already comment that this adapter was not UL Listed yet?

Just check your electric bills over the last year determine your daily consumption for each month. If you take conservative measures (use your microwave instead of the electric stove, use only one TV, etc.) you can probably cut the daily consumption in half. Happy calculating! Also, don't understand why your solar would stop in an outage, the sun still shines, doesn't it?

Just check your electric bills over the last year determine your daily consumption for each month. If you take conservative measures (use your microwave instead of the electric stove, use only one TV, etc.) you can probably cut the daily consumption in half. Happy calculating! Also, don't understand why your solar would stop in an outage, the sun still shines, doesn't it?
Yes, but if you are producing excess and it has nowhere to go, you run into trouble. Generally batteries solve this problem, as you’ll run excess into the batteries to charge during the day and then use them at night.

Also, don't understand why your solar would stop in an outage, the sun still shines, doesn't it?
Yes, the panels can produce electricity and the PV system is completely disconnected from the grid in an outage (your PV system cannot power the entire neighborhood and it is a safety issue for utility workers). If you want to use solar power, during an outage, there are a couple of things to note:
1. You need a separate backup panel with a few select circuits moved to that panel. How much load can be moved to that panel depends on how big a system you have. The main panel outside your house is still connected to the power-grid and power generated by your PV system cannot be dumped there during an outage.
2. That itself isn't a great solution - what happens if clouds move in and out? That's where a home battery (like LG-Chem or Tesla Powerwall) comes in to smooth things out. The Lucid can in theory be that battery.

Back