Beep when sitting in car and charging

kickgas

Verified Owner
Cars
2022 Lucid Air GT
I often work overnight and have a long drive home. When I had my Tesla I would take a nap while supercharging. Refreshed, I would continue on my way. In my Lucid, when I nap at an EA charger I get a very annoying alarm warning that the car is going to turn off...and I'm sitting in the driver's seat. This happens every 15 mins or so. The result is I'm exhausted when I continue my drive and face the real risk of falling asleep enroute. What purpose is this alarm & can I defeat it?

I often work overnight and have a long drive home. When I had my Tesla I would take a nap while supercharging. Refreshed, I would continue on my way. In my Lucid, when I nap at an EA charger I get a very annoying alarm warning that the car is going to turn off...and I'm sitting in the driver's seat. This happens every 15 mins or so. The result is I'm exhausted when I continue my drive and face the real risk of falling asleep enroute. What purpose is this alarm & can I defeat it?
Set the climate keep mode on

Or use the creature comfort setting.

What they said
... but now for the awkward part: then open and close your door (this is what activates keep/creature comfort after turning it on), then lock your doors with the fob or app (this not only locks, but also lets more of the car sleep, and turns off your headlights). When you wake up, either press the brake pedal or unlock the car from your fob / app before opening your door, otherwise you'll set off the intrusion alarm because it thinks nobody is in the car.
Fingers crossed a slightly different "camp mode" or whatever shows up soon to address those complications.

Back