Bay Area Drive

dawktah LucidGT

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT Zenith Red
Hello,

It is getting close to the day my family and I are going to be in the Bay area to pick up our car from the Millbrae location and then spend two nights at the Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay. Looking to see how many people are interested in a meet up and drive? Originally, I had wanted to drive up to Napa but given the 2 hour drive one way I am open to other ideas. We will be starting a road trip back to Indianapolis, buying wine and taking with really isn't an option with the additional weight. I didn't know if a drive and dinner at Sam's Chowder House is a start? Any other seafood restaurant recommendations? If a few Lucid Air show up we need space, LOL :D:cool:

As we get closer I'll start a PM conversation of the participants.

@Dortreo @borski @Dkars1 @hydbob

Sure, I’ll join depending on when it is.

(Chowder is more of a tourist thing ;-) )
(Also, most of us in the Bay Area have adamantly refused SF for any meetups. The latest one is happening in Woodside, near Alice’s diner)

Sure, I’ll join depending on when it is.

(Chowder is more of a tourist thing ;-) )
(Also, most of us in the Bay Area have adamantly refused SF for any meetups. The latest one is happening in Woodside, near Alice’s diner)

June 25th, I sent you a PM as well. I am OK with avoiding SF anything Route 1 would be cool!

Thanks for the invite but I'm actually in the LA area. Might I suggest joining the bay area telegram and inquire there?

@SaratogaLefty @copper @Not Sam

If it happens to be in late July, I’m in! Otherwise I’m in Europe :)

So since Sam's Chowder house is a "tourist trap" what restaurants can you recommend for Saturday evening? We may eat at hotel Friday unless I still having fun driving around

So since Sam's Chowder house is a "tourist trap" what restaurants can you recommend for Saturday evening? We may eat at hotel Friday unless I still having fun driving around
Where is the hotel? Can you share the name? If I know where it is, I can recommend some places.

What pricepoint are you looking for? Any specific cuisine types?

Where is the hotel? Can you share the name? If I know where it is, I can recommend some places.

What pricepoint are you looking for? Any specific cuisine types?

We are staying at the Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay. We have a fire-pit room so will be making smores!

We are staying at the Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay. We have a fire-pit room so will be making smores!
While Sam's Chowder House can be a bit of a crowded nightmare, especially on weekends, they did get voted the best lobster roll in the country about five years ago as reported on the Today Show. You are very close so if you can go there on a weekday and if you like lobster rolls with a nice view if you sit outside, you should give it a try.

While Sam's Chowder House can be a bit of a crowded nightmare, especially on weekends, they did get voted the best lobster roll in the country about five years ago as reported on the Today Show. You are very close so if you can go there on a weekday and if you like lobster rolls with a nice view if you sit outside, you should give it a try.
Having grown up in NYC and gone to school in New England, I can confirm their lobster rolls are legit.

Having grown up in NYC and gone to school in New England, I can confirm their lobster rolls are legit.

Lets see who is all interested in the drive. Going south from Ritz on Route 1 to San Gregorio, then take 84 back to 35 and then 92 back to route 1, an hour drive according to Google!!! :cool: Looks nice and curvy.

Back