Bay Area Drive

Lets see who is all interested in the drive. Going south from Ritz on Route 1 to San Gregorio, then take 84 back to 35 and then 92 back to route 1, an hour drive according to Google!!! :cool: Looks nice and curvy.
There are also some nice coastal trails in the area around the Ritz. And a great golf course.

Lets see who is all interested in the drive. Going south from Ritz on Route 1 to San Gregorio, then take 84 back to 35 and then 92 back to route 1, an hour drive according to Google!!! :cool: Looks nice and curvy.
That is the same drive we just did for the range test except in the opposite direction. It is indeed a very nice drive!!

It is a much prettier drive in reverse, IMO, and the 84 is quite fun to drive down. And when you come out on the 1 and the sun is shining, the first view of the cliffs and the ocean is stunning.

It is a much prettier drive in reverse, IMO, and the 84 is quite fun to drive down. And when you come out on the 1 and the sun is shining, the first view of the cliffs and the ocean is stunning.

Not being from this area I will be leaving the final route to the locals. I was just looking at Google Maps. I have driven to Monterey from Half Moon Bay. Maybe it's time of day dependent, I liked going south on Route 1 better than going north.

Of course, I just think 84 is more fun to drive down than 92. It feels like a slalom course at some points.
Not being from this area I will be leaving the final route to the locals. I was just looking at Google Maps. I have driven to Monterey from Half Moon Bay. Maybe it's time of day dependent, I liked going south on Route 1 better than going north.
Yeah, but the majority of the beautiful parts are south of 84. That said, cars do love to race up the mountain as well. I saw two groups of 911s doing that just this morning.

Morning is probably best - before the roads get crowded. We did our test drive at 9am, I believe, and the timing was really good.
Yep morning is preferable… my family is slow to move on the weekend, and it means I can enjoy the drive without feeling guilty :)

I am happy for passengers (in the bay area) who do not yet have their car. you'll have to put up with my music and a british accent <grin>

Anybody on this thread that is not on the PM thread or the Bay Area Telegram Chat group that would like to come along? We will be departing from the Saratoga Gap parking lot (intersection of Hwy 9 and Shyline (Hwy 35) at 9:00 am on Saturday June 25th. Plan is to drive Hwy 9 down to Hwy 1 and then head North to Davenport Roadhouse for Brunch.

Anybody on this thread that is not on the PM thread or the Bay Area Telegram Chat group that would like to come along? We will be departing from the Saratoga Gap parking lot (intersection of Hwy 9 and Shyline (Hwy 35) at 9:00 am on Saturday June 25th. Plan is to drive Hwy 9 down to Hwy 1 and then head North to Davenport Roadhouse for Brunch.
As of now we have 5 Lucids, one possible additional Lucid, and one possible Taycan. Anybody else interested?

Back