Battery System fault

I love driving my DE and for a long time thought that they might not have any serious drive-line issues, but just don't trust it on long trips anymore. I did when I first got it at the end of 2021 but there have been too many issues for me to completely trust it. Frankly, I trust my ICE cars much more than the Lucid or the AMG EQS.

There have been three Teslas in our family starting with a Model S seven years ago, Model 3 and Model X and none of them left the driver stranded so I just never thought about this occurring when I ordered the Lucid.
For equal opportunity to all brands, even on Lucid forum, what problems have you had with the EQS?

I've been left on the side of the road by four different ICE cars, all purchased new. Never in an EV in 12 years of driving them.

Wasn't the potential battery/wunderbox issue fixed in V2, which has been in production for several months? No sense pointlessly worrying people scanning this forum now.

I've been left on the side of the road by four different ICE cars, all purchased new. Never in an EV in 12 years of driving them.

Wasn't the potential battery/wunderbox issue fixed in V2, which has been in production for several months? No sense pointlessly worrying people scanning this forum now.
I am not aware of any V2 failures. That said, I’m not sure when they switched over. My assumption is somewhere around August or September build dates. I’m not sure of the percentage of cars that have failed but I’m assuming it’s less than 1%.

Not a good analogy IMHO. Cars shutting down in the middle of busy freeways puts lives in danger. And if Lucid can't figure out what's going on then maybe they should stop shipping cars until they can make them reliable.
To be clear, it doesn’t just shut down in the middle of a freeway; it gives you a two minute timer to get *off* the freeway safely.

I am not aware of any V2 failures. That said, I’m not sure when they switched over. My assumption is somewhere around August or September build dates. I’m not sure of the percentage of cars that have failed but I’m assuming it’s less than 1%.

Another reason it would be great to track this stuff. I'd love for Lucid to come out and say "We have identified a component issue that has affected a small percentage of vehicles. A redesigned, version 2 of that component has been installed in vehicles since September 2022". This would go a long way towards reducing anxiety of later builds and potential buyers. Perhaps if we tracked on the forum, we'd see that this fault is more rare on builds after XXX date.

I only recall seeing one drive system fault on a Touring; this one requiring an HV battery replacement. https://lucidowners.com/threads/drive-system-fault.4089/#post-99762 Certainly, even with redesigned, upgraded parts, you're going to have the occasional one-off failure. But still would be interesting to track the overall trend, understanding that this forum is just a small sample size of the overall Lucid population.

Another reason it would be great to track this stuff. I'd love for Lucid to come out and say "We have identified a component issue that has affected a small percentage of vehicles. A redesigned, version 2 of that component has been installed in vehicles since September 2022". This would go a long way towards reducing anxiety of later builds and potential buyers. Perhaps if we tracked on the forum, we'd see that this fault is more rare on builds after XXX date.

I only recall seeing one drive system fault on a Touring; this one requiring an HV battery replacement. https://lucidowners.com/threads/drive-system-fault.4089/#post-99762 Certainly, even with redesigned, upgraded parts, you're going to have the occasional one-off failure. But still would be interesting to track the overall trend, understanding that this forum is just a small sample size of the overall Lucid population.
www.lucidupdates.com/fault.html

When it happened we completely lost regen braking. Wondering if you noticed that too?
Fortunately, I still have my Model 3 (which is secretely thankful to be allowed back in the garage after spending the winter in the driveway).
Yup, I completely lost regen braking also.
Coincidentally, My wife is driving Model 3, which I stole from her :) for now. She is driving a rental instead of me, lol.

I was planning a trip from Houston to Dallas next week in my DE-P with 12K miles. I had assumed that the DEs were not having this issue after the initial break-in. Guess that I was wrong and maybe I will take the Navigator instead. :confused:
I just did this trip in reverse. I could have done it without charging or stopping with my Touring. I would have been down around 12% at arrival but of course I wanted to take a bit of a break so charged in both directions . I don't have a bevy of cars to choose from so Touring is my only option but I would be sad not driving it on the interstate. Thats where it really shines for me. Totally respect your concern and not criticizing your choice. How big is your garage!?

My car got the same battery system fault error last night as I was driving back home from the hospital. With only two minutes didn't dare try to make it to an exit in fear of there being more road to cover before being completely safe from other cars. I had to pull over to the shoulder lane and call Lucid roadside which I was lucky to do since my phone battery was dying. A bit scary ordeal but it's nice to know now that it shouldn't come back when fixed.

Edit: Also I just got my car on Saturday and only had 408 miles on it so I don't think it is dependent on the mileage/age of the car.

My car got the same battery system fault error last night as I was driving back home from the hospital. With only two minutes didn't dare try to make it to an exit in fear of there being more road to cover before being completely safe from other cars. I had to pull over to the shoulder lane and call Lucid roadside which I was lucky to do since my phone battery was dying. A bit scary ordeal but it's nice to know now that it shouldn't come back when fixed.

Edit: Also I just got my car on Saturday and only had 408 miles on it so I don't think it is dependent on the mileage/age of the car.

Bummer. Considering this is a Touring, would assume it has version 2 of the updated components. Will be interesting to learn exactly what failed.

Ouch, more of these battery issues are popping out then I'd like to see.
We should form the club named "Battery system fault", unfortunate Members only.
Jokes aside, Lucid, what's going on?

Bummer. Considering this is a Touring, would assume it has version 2 of the updated components. Will be interesting to learn exactly what failed.
And... That's what scares me. Brand spanking new car!

I just did this trip in reverse. I could have done it without charging or stopping with my Touring. I would have been down around 12% at arrival but of course I wanted to take a bit of a break so charged in both directions . I don't have a bevy of cars to choose from so Touring is my only option but I would be sad not driving it on the interstate. Thats where it really shines for me. Totally respect your concern and not criticizing your choice. How big is your garage!?
Four car garage + the Navigator is in storage.

I have been way to chicken to try make it without charging but theoretically, I should be able to.

Another update.
The new HV battery pack arrived Monday this week, scheduled to be replaced Tuesday, the next day.
Well, not so fast. Lucid called me yesterday, Tuesday that is, apologizing profusely stating the technician made a mistake and ordered the wrong battery pack. Fcuk, don't they go by the VIN number?
I understand, to err is human.
But, Lucid, don't exaggerate please?

Another update.
The new HV battery pack arrived Monday this week, scheduled to be replaced Tuesday, the next day.
Well, not so fast. Lucid called me yesterday, Tuesday that is, apologizing profusely stating the technician made a mistake and ordered the wrong battery pack. Fcuk, don't they go by the VIN number?
I understand, to err is human.
But, Lucid, don't exaggerate please?

So sorry. Now putting 2 and 2 together I wonder if that’s why my battery pack arrived Tuesday or just coincidence.

So sorry. Now putting 2 and 2 together I wonder if that’s why my battery pack arrived Tuesday or just coincidence.
There is no such a thing as a coincidence :)

Back