Battery System fault

Out of curiosity, did you notice any performance or consumption differences after receiving the newer battery revision?
No difference to note. But I don't think there's supposed to be any sign of battery degradation for a few years at least. Plus I've been on 3 road trips, but I charge at home mostly. I think I kept pretty good care of the battery. I keep it at 80% even in road trips I rarely charge over 90%

No difference to note. But I don't think there's supposed to be any sign of battery degradation for a few years at least. Plus I've been on 3 road trips, but I charge at home mostly. I think I kept pretty good care of the battery. I keep it at 80% even in road trips I rarely charge over 90%
Ah, less of that, more of if a battery is faulty it very possibly could affect overall performance. It's nothing tied to actual battery degradation as much as the quality/reliability of the battery itself.

I think I had this last Friday. It...sorta restarted and started working again but I haven't been driving it because service has yet to take a look and explain it won't happen again in the middle of the freeway or something. I thought the "turtle mode" was bad when I had that earlier, but the 2min warning to stopping fully is straight terrifying.

On that note, mildly annoyed with service. Too much radio silence unless i bother them regularly

Ah, less of that, more of if a battery is faulty it very possibly could affect overall performance. It's nothing tied to actual battery degradation as much as the quality/reliability of the battery itself.
Sorry, it seems I've misunderstood your intent on Discord as well as the forums.

I didn't notice a performance increase, however I noticed right before I got the fault that the battery pack was not taking charge.
So even regen was disabled. That was the first thing to strike me as odd. But the motor and everything else was still using the charge in the battery pack. So that's why I think my performance was not impacted before and after.

Is there anyway to be pre-emptive about this by perhaps reaching out to service in advance to check on it?
Only thing I know is that the time it did happen to me, was the only time I didn't warm the battery or use climate controls.

I got into the car on a freezing day and just drove it to get to somewhere quick. And I got the error on the highway.

So maybe warm the battery and use climate controls at least 10 minutes before getting in? (check my thread on more details and pictures)

I ran an experiment that same day when I got the error and I actually was able to drive the car for 10-15 minutes without the error. So from my short testing, that had something to do with it, whereas the new battery they are replacing with is good on quick and go.

Only thing I know is that the time it did happen to me, was the only time I didn't warm the battery or use climate controls.

I got into the car on a freezing day and just drove it to get to somewhere quick. And I got the error on the highway.

So maybe warm the battery and use climate controls at least 10 minutes before getting in? (check my thread on more details and pictures)

I ran an experiment that same day when I got the error and I actually was able to drive the car for 10-15 minutes without the error. So from my short testing, that had something to do with it, whereas the new battery they are replacing with is good on quick and go.
Appreciate that. See we have a trip lined up early May for Yosemite and didn't want stuff like that to happen along the way

Received a text from Lucid today that my GT through a code and they need to get the car. 2023 manufactured 11/2022. Any thoughts? Is she going to make it?

Received a text from Lucid today that my GT through a code and they need to get the car. 2023 manufactured 11/2022. Any thoughts? Is she going to make it?
Did they say what needed to be done? In general, people get loaners, and are satisfied.

Did they say what needed to be done? In general, people get loaners, and are satisfied.
Nope just that it sent a message. I don’t see any notifications on my end. I’m not worried - Lucid has been really great so far.

Nope just that it sent a message. I don’t see any notifications on my end. I’m not worried - Lucid has been really great so far.
They've been adding more over-the-air diagnostics with the software updates so that they could proactively address various items in cars before there is an issue; so yeah, your car will make it - that it threw a code is actually a good thing, as it means that they are going to replace whatever it is before it actually caused a problem for you.

Also as a result of being able to get to it ahead of time rather than in an emergent situation, they can plan it and schedule it better, so people get loaners and are generally really happy with the service from what we've seen. Let us know how it goes!

Back