Auto Park

Cheryl

Cars
Lucid Air
I’ve read the directions and tried several times - and with nearly 2000 miles on my car, it has only auto-parked one time. What am I missing?

I know it's just me, but I HATED auto lane change on my Tesla. I was glad you could turn it off. It constantly wanted to put me in the left lane 600 feet before an exit on the right. Even with my friend's current Model Y which I ride in with him occasionally, it still chooses to change lanes for reasons that escape logic fairly regularly. I see him having to override it several times per drive.

It seems like the software was written to literally optimize speed at all costs. If it can save you five seconds in its mind by switching to a different lane, it'll do it, no matter how little it makes sense in context of all the other cars around you.

So, if Lucid does add this feature, I hope that a) I can turn it off, and b) that it's written by someone who actually likes to drive and knows how and why lane changes should occur.

Ok so I completely agree with you with regards to the automatic lane change suggestions.

But by Auto Lane Change, lol I actually mean the "manual" auto lane change. I do agree with you that the suggestions were not always great. I used to keep suggestions off and just use the turn signal to manually initiate an auto lane change when i wanted to.

Ok so I completely agree with you with regards to the automatic lane change suggestions.

But by Auto Lane Change, lol I actually mean the "manual" auto lane change. I do agree with you that the suggestions were not always great. I used to keep suggestions off and just use the turn signal to manually initiate an auto lane change when i wanted to.
Ahhh. Yes. That I would like to see in the Lucid. That, and auto-canceling the signal after the lane change. It’s a small thing, but it’s nifty.

Ahhh. Yes. That I would like to see in the Lucid. That, and auto-canceling the signal after the lane change. It’s a small thing, but it’s nifty.
So you have to go through the trouble of signaling, and then trusting the car to make the change. I remember using it and thinking that 1) it's very conservative, which is good for safety and 2) it's totally useless in LA because it would never find a spot because it wasn't trained to drive in LA traffic.

So you have to go through the trouble of signaling, and then trusting the car to make the change. I remember using it and thinking that 1) it's very conservative, which is good for safety and 2) it's totally useless in LA because it would never find a spot because it wasn't trained to drive in LA traffic.
Well…yea…it doesn’t work in LA traffic. Most of the US does not have LA type traffic though haha

Over the last month, I've had near 100% success rate in getting it to auto park! I look forward to doing this now... my only trick is to go slow.. like 4 or 5 mph.. and stay away from the parked cars about 5 feet... and it will find a spot.. I just hope I've not jinxed it now... and it once worked with 4 other occupants and the oooo-hs and aaahs did make for a good time for sure !

Over the last month, I've had near 100% success rate in getting it to auto park! I look forward to doing this now... my only trick is to go slow.. like 4 or 5 mph.. and stay away from the parked cars about 5 feet... and it will find a spot.. I just hope I've not jinxed it now... and it once worked with 4 other occupants and the oooo-hs and aaahs did make for a good time for sure !
I have a 100% success rate as well, it just requires some practice and confidence in your car's ability.

The ultimate challenge I face every weekday (and usually abandon unless I'm feeling optimistic):

In line to parallel park to pick kids up from school. Line of cranky parents behind me. A spot opens up. I start parking mode and lurch forward. I activate my blinker to display my confidence that this is all just a formality. I get even with the spot, no indication. I'm one car ahead of the spot, no indication. I turn my blinker off in disgrace. At 1.5 cars past the spot Lucid sees it. I curse the parent behind me who has already moved into proper position behind me.

The ultimate challenge I face every weekday (and usually abandon unless I'm feeling optimistic):

In line to parallel park to pick kids up from school. Line of cranky parents behind me. A spot opens up. I start parking mode and lurch forward. I activate my blinker to display my confidence that this is all just a formality. I get even with the spot, no indication. I'm one car ahead of the spot, no indication. I turn my blinker off in disgrace. At 1.5 cars past the spot Lucid sees it. I curse the parent behind me who has already moved into proper position behind me.
You learned how to Auto Park, now train the driver behind you too 🤣🤣

Back