Auto Park

Cheryl

Cars
Lucid Air
I’ve read the directions and tried several times - and with nearly 2000 miles on my car, it has only auto-parked one time. What am I missing?

In 2016, Faraday Future demoed a self parking system that I thought was great(that was what led me to lucid). I think they had a live demo and it worked pretty well! Smart summon is also one of the most features I would REALLY miss from Tesla in the lucid.
Wait, you have a Tesla now?

Wait, you have a Tesla now?
No, but we did have one back in 2019ish(used 2018 MS). Hated the car(we came from a kia and a honda, so the lack of build quality was shocking), didn’t need it with two other cars, and therefore it was sold for a profit sometime in 2020.

We only used it once, but it was SOOO cool and actually useful. I do wish the Lucid had it!

In 2016, Faraday Future demoed a self parking system that I thought was great(that was what led me to lucid). I think they had a live demo and it worked pretty well! Smart summon is also one of the most features I would REALLY miss from Tesla in the lucid.
I would value and use summon (forward and backward) more than auto park. I would literally use it everyday versus trying to squeeze my way like a circus performer to get into my car in tight parking lots.

that doesn't work either 😂
Yeah - I read some one posting on X that Summon, Auto park and some other feature still don't work on Tesla's...
I sat in Tesla (ONCE) and never after that. What do I know about Tesla ?

Yeah - I read some one posting on X that Summon, Auto park and some other feature still don't work on Tesla's...
I sat in Tesla (ONCE) and never after that. What do I know about Tesla ?
that doesn't work either 😂
Yes, the new ones with vision only disabled it... for some reason. Our old one did work though!

Yes, the new ones with vision only disabled it... for some reason. Our old one did work though!
it works...but it's more likely to crash into something or create a scene. I think it's irresponsible to use. Similar to autopark if pedestrians or other cars are nearby, the car will just freeze. If you're IN the car, you can take it out of autopark and move. If you're sitting outside the car with smart summon and your car freezes, no one can do anything, you have to run over and save it.

Unless you happen to frequent empty parking lots and would rather wait 2 minutes for the smart summon to connect and initialize instead of walking to the car, it's more or less useless. It doesn't know have any understanding of lanes or driving rules in a parking lot. I think it's an easy thing to fix given the work they've done with FSD, but i think they've deprioritized it, Smart Summon still runs on the same code as when it was first released in 2019 or whatever

it works...but it's more likely to crash into something or create a scene. I think it's irresponsible to use. Similar to autopark if pedestrians or other cars are nearby, the car will just freeze. If you're IN the car, you can take it out of autopark and move. If you're sitting outside the car with smart summon and your car freezes, no one can do anything, you have to run over and save it.

Unless you happen to frequent empty parking lots and would rather wait 2 minutes for the smart summon to connect and initialize instead of walking to the car, it's more or less useless.
Thats why we only used it once :) but if Lucid does it and executes it well, I would LOVE it!

Maybe Sony is onto something with that PS5 controller… if we can’t trust “AI” Summon, we can just remote control the car out of a parking spot!

Mainly joking, but that doesn’t actually sound terrible now that I think about it.

Thats why we only used it once :) but if Lucid does it and executes it well, I would LOVE it!
I pretty sure something like smart summon is the last thing on Lucid's list of priorities. Before that i'd probably expect to see remote control forward/back features like basic Summon or Kia/Hyundai's features

Actually BMW has a really awesome feature that auto-reverses the same way you went in(up to 300 feet memory or something). So if you parked in a tight spot and had to work a tight line to fit, it'll remember and reverse out exactly the same way. I have pretty tall curbs around my driveway and too many cars in the driveway, and i used it all the time. I wish Lucid would copy that. Something ACTUALLY useful in the parking assist set of features that works! I think they have the best auto parallel park as well. I never worried about curbing a wheel.

I pretty sure something like smart summon is the last thing on Lucid's list of priorities. Before that i'd probably expect to see remote control forward/back features like basic Summon or Kia/Hyundai's features

Actually BMW has a really awesome feature that auto-reverses the same way you went in(up to 300 feet memory or something). So if you parked in a tight spot and had to work a tight line to fit, it'll remember and reverse out exactly the same way. I have pretty tall curbs around my driveway and too many cars in the driveway, and i used it all the time. I wish Lucid would copy that. Something ACTUALLY useful in the parking assist set of features that works! I think they have the best auto parallel park as well. I never worried about curbing a wheel.
I came about that when researching the i7, and it did seem like a very good idea! However, what if a car is in the place you crossed? What happens then?

I came about that when researching the i7, and it did seem like a very good idea! However, what if a car is in the place you crossed? What happens then?
technically in a parking lot or garage you shouldn't be driving over other spaces, so i don't think that's a very common scenario, but from my experience if i pull into my garage and my wife came and parked behind me in the driveway for some reason, it'll just pause once the USS sensors detect something behind you.

Yup, used auto reverse on my i4 and it really is great for the rare occasions you might need it.

I still have NOT tried the auto park feature on my Lucid.. .heck, I still can't even get Alexa to work.. lol
Forget the Alexa gimmick, try Auto Park it works all the time. It'll take a short learning curve to figure out how to use after that it's a 100% success rate. Read instructions to understand how it works.

I know. My point is that this is the only parking feature that I would ever use. The same applies, for me, to automated lane changes. When I need the car to park and change lanes, I will sell my car and start using Waymo.
Try a Tesla or bmw with automatic lane changes. It’s a really nice and easy to use feature. I wish more companies offered it

Try a Tesla or bmw with automatic lane changes. It’s a really nice and easy to use feature. I wish more companies offered it
I know it's just me, but I HATED auto lane change on my Tesla. I was glad you could turn it off. It constantly wanted to put me in the left lane 600 feet before an exit on the right. Even with my friend's current Model Y which I ride in with him occasionally, it still chooses to change lanes for reasons that escape logic fairly regularly. I see him having to override it several times per drive.

It seems like the software was written to literally optimize speed at all costs. If it can save you five seconds in its mind by switching to a different lane, it'll do it, no matter how little it makes sense in context of all the other cars around you.

So, if Lucid does add this feature, I hope that a) I can turn it off, and b) that it's written by someone who actually likes to drive and knows how and why lane changes should occur.

Back