Auto Park

Cheryl

Cars
Lucid Air
I’ve read the directions and tried several times - and with nearly 2000 miles on my car, it has only auto-parked one time. What am I missing?

I just tried it today with basic DD for perpendicular park on .43 and it found every spot i drove by. I even let it park in one. Kind of slow as most of these systems are, but it worked and centered itself no issue. I don't think it's broken in the latest updates, sounds like user error. It's a little bit of finesse to drive slow enough and close enough to the spots and then it will only park in spots that have two cars around it because it doesn't use cameras to detect spots.

Last edited:
I just tried it today with basic DD for perpendicular park on .43 and it found every spot i drove by. I even let it park in one. Kind of slow as usual, but it worked and centered itself no issue. I don't think it's broken, sounds like user error. It's a little bit of finesse to drive slow enough and close enough to the spots and then it will only park in spots that have two cars around it because it doesn't use cameras to detect spots.
Wait, am I just stupid or does autopark not come with DD?

Last edited:
Wait, am I just stupid or does Auto park not come with DD?
It does. It's kind of funny that surround cameras and lane keep don't but autopark does. 😂 Most companies have it the other way. Auto Park is the "premium feature". Lane keep assist is the base feature lol

1702663032548.png

I use it daily where there is a car to the right, and a concrete pillar on the left, and the car is parking perpendicularly between them, since I got the car. I've had a few scenarios where like what you said, I bailed on it for getting outside my comfort zone. So I always do pay attention, though I always choose to use it. Once on a screen the parallel parking resulted in a scuff on the back right tire when it brushed to close to the curb. I think the issue there is that sensor as a whole need to do more to deck how close the curbs are to the wheels, as there's been times navigating a very tight parking garage has left me concerned I'd suffer some curb scratches. The parking camera's help, but the layout some times obscures exactly where the curb is relative to the wheels.

It does. It's kind of funny that surround cameras and lane keep don't but autopark does. 😂 Most companies have it the other way. Auto Park is the "premium feature". Lane keep assist is the base feature lol

View attachment 17025
Because Auto Park uses USS and unlike some other company, Lucid includes USS on all it's cars.

Has there been anyone who has had an issue with the auto-park (i.e. actual contact)? I tried it about a month after I got the car last year, and it got so close to the car on the passenger side (the mirror on the car next to me was within inches of mine) that I ended up hitting the brake and pulling out to center the car. I haven't tried it since.
For perpendicular parking, it has never failed me. For parallel parking it curbed my 21s 2-3 times.

Because Auto Park uses USS and unlike some other company, Lucid includes USS on all its cars.
Lucid include USS some other companies include multiple cameras. Actually most cars that have or had USS still never have auto park for free. In teslas example, they had USS through 2022 and autopark was part of the enhanced autopilot add on . My 2023 bmw had USS but self parking and 3D camera was a $500 add on.

I’ve read the directions and tried several times - and with nearly 2000 miles on my car, it has only auto-parked one time. What am I missing?
I've attempted a dozen times to use auto-park and it's never worked. It just keeps looking for a space. It's easier to just park it myself. Car has 2.1.47.

I've attempted a dozen times to use auto-park and it's never worked. It just keeps looking for a space. It's easier to just park it myself. Car has 2.1.47.
You have to go slow. Slow enough to really tick off the folks behind you as it searches for a parking space.

I've provided what works for me on the previous page . If that helps

I've provided what works for me on the previous page . If that helps
Thank you for providing your tips. When I attempted, speed was 3 mph. Car has DDP. I was using auto-park in areas where there were no other cars, if that matters. Service says that he’ll look at it on his next visit.

Thank you for providing your tips. When I attempted, speed was 3 mph. Car has DDP. I was using auto-park in areas where there were no other cars, if that matters. Service says that he’ll look at it on his next visit.
I personally could not make auto-park to work myself. Just like you I was trying it at empty parking lots. From what others suggested auto-park will work only between two cars. There needs to be a reference point for the sensors. It doesn't use cameras (yet who knows maybe in the future) to identify parking spaces by lines on the pavement.

I personally could not make auto-park to work myself. Just like you I was trying it at empty parking lots. From what others suggested auto-park will work only between two cars. There needs to be a reference point for the sensors. It doesn't use cameras (yet who knows maybe in the future) to identify parking spaces by lines on the pavement.
“I see!”, said the blind man.

Finally I mustered some courage to try Auto Park and to my surprise it just work flawlessly if met with all conditions... Speed, proximity to parked cars, space between two cars. It failed when any of the conditions not met. It even aborted once, the only reason I could relate to this may be I was too close the the parked cars and there was not enough room for first maneuver.

Need for improvement, this should work from a slightly more distance from the parked cars. I would prefer up to 10 ft away. Reason, to satisfy the proximity requirements the car misses on other side of the available spaces. This is crucial when the parking is busy and you can't afford missing a free lot 😃.

Finally I mustered some courage to try Auto Park and to my surprise it just work flawlessly if met with all conditions... Speed, proximity to parked cars, space between two cars. It failed when any of the conditions not met. It even aborted once, the only reason I could relate to this may I was too close the the parked cars and there was not enough room for first maneuver.

Need for improvement, this should work from a slightly more distance from the parked cars. I would prefer up to 10 ft away. Reason, to satisfy the proximity requirements the car misses on other side of the available spaces. This is crucial when the parking is busy and you can't afford missing a free lot 😃.
yea it works fine. I've used it 3 times in the last month and it's worked fine every time. It needs cars on both sides to work, and when it does work, it's slow and sometimes does 3 point back-ins when it's not needed. i think people don't realize the limitations. I don't think i've used a system from any OEM that finds spots proactively and parks quickly in one go.

It is designed to look for two cars and park between them. If you go to an empty parking lot, it won’t find any spaces. That does not need service, it is the intended behavior.

yea it works fine. I've used it 3 times in the last month and it's worked fine every time. It needs cars on both sides to work, and when it does work, it's slow and sometimes does 3 point back-ins when it's not needed. i think people don't realize the limitations. I don't think i've used a system from any OEM that finds spots proactively and parks quickly in one go.
I think this great achievement for LUCID and I like it. In my various tries, it parked in multiple 3 point back-ins and also in just one go.

Another thing to note, in busy lots if it senses movement from another car waiting nearby while the car is auto parking, it will slam on the breaks and abort. It's happened a couple times to me so I don't use it in active lots.

Another thing to note, in busy lots if it senses movement from another car waiting nearby while the car is auto parking, it will slam on the breaks and abort. It's happened a couple times to me so I don't use it in active lots.
The ironic thing is you need a busy enough lot where you have cars on both sides, but then you also want a not busy enough lot for it to fail out due to other cars/pedestrians or to awkwardly block traffic while your lucid is taking it's time 3-point turning into a spot 😂

I think it's ok to use in a pinch if it somehow picks up a spot that you're slightly uncomfortable with parking yourself, but 99/100 times parking yourself will be faster. Again, i don't think anyone has great self-parking technology, it's a little gimmicky

The ironic thing is you need a busy enough lot where you have cars on both sides, but then you also want a not busy enough lot for it to fail out due to other cars/pedestrians or to awkwardly block traffic while your lucid is taking it's time 3-point turning into a spot 😂

I think it's ok to use in a pinch if it somehow picks up a spot that you're slightly uncomfortable with parking yourself, but 99/100 times parking yourself will be faster. Again, i don't think anyone has great self-parking technology, it's a little gimmicky
In 2016, Faraday Future demoed a self parking system that I thought was great(that was what led me to lucid). I think they had a live demo and it worked pretty well! Smart summon is also one of the most features I would REALLY miss from Tesla in the lucid.

Back