Auto Park

Cheryl

Cars
Lucid Air
I’ve read the directions and tried several times - and with nearly 2000 miles on my car, it has only auto-parked one time. What am I missing?

It worked well for me to parallel park up until the 2.1.x software updates. Since then my car isn't even seeing the other vehicles along the curb. I've sent a note into the Lucid OTA update group about it in hopes it's just a small bug that can be fixed quickly. My next remedy is to contact customer service and have a service tech come out.

I really want to use the feature more, but I'm terrified it's buggy and will end up damaging my (or someone else's) vehicle. I'd love to figure out a way to test it out so I can get comfortable with it. Traffic cones maybe? I'm not sure the detection threshold.

I used auto park recently for parallel parking and it worked perfectly. I am on 2.1.10. However I did notice that I could not see the camera view during parallel parking on the pilot panel. Made me very nervous that it would curb a wheel but it didn't. That being said it often does not locate parking spaces or it tries to park perpendicular in a parallel space . Also driving past a perpendicular space and backing in is pointless in Dallas as there is typically someone driving behind you in the parking lot and they don't expect someone to back in.

I really want to use the feature more, but I'm terrified it's buggy and will end up damaging my (or someone else's) vehicle. I'd love to figure out a way to test it out so I can get comfortable with it. Traffic cones maybe? I'm not sure the detection threshold.
I'm with you on that! I haven't even tried it yet. I really wish I had tried this out in the studio's car when I did the test drive. That way if something like that happened, it wouldn't be my car that was scratched up.

I used Auto Park in a shopping strip mall, the car backed into the spot perfectly, between two big SUVs. I was terrified - but it worked! I was very impressed. But the car will NOT Auto Park into my home garage spot, which is underground. I know it gets a signal, everything else is connected, but I’m wondering why the car won’t recognize that there’s a parking spot and won’t engage Auto Park. Lighting too dim? Surely Auto Park must work at night as well as daytime, so what’s the problem? Anyone else seen this?

I used Auto Park in a shopping strip mall, the car backed into the spot perfectly, between two big SUVs. I was terrified - but it worked! I was very impressed. But the car will NOT Auto Park into my home garage spot, which is underground. I know it gets a signal, everything else is connected, but I’m wondering why the car won’t recognize that there’s a parking spot and won’t engage Auto Park. Lighting too dim? Surely Auto Park must work at night as well as daytime, so what’s the problem? Anyone else seen this?
It needs an object to park. If there are no cars surrounding your spot it won't recognize it.

It needs an object to park. If there are no cars surrounding your spot it won't recognize it.
No, I don’t think that’s it. I always have another car on one side of me; but if I wanted to park in a spot that has other empty ones next to it, Auto Park should engage anyway. It happened that way on my test drive — we parked in an almost-empty lot and it worked flawlessly. I’m still stumped.

I'm with you on that! I haven't even tried it yet. I really wish I had tried this out in the studio's car when I did the test drive. That way if something like that happened, it wouldn't be my car that was scratched up.

The only autopark feature I intend to use is the summon feature...if someone parked so close to me that I couldn't get in the car to back out. I tested that with my SA and it worked great but I haven't actually done it yet in real life.

I tried it yesterday to parallel park and it worked flawlessly in a tight spot. I was nervous, though. Never was nervous with my Model S. I think it is because I am not confident with the technology yet.

No, I don’t think that’s it. I always have another car on one side of me; but if I wanted to park in a spot that has other empty ones next to it, Auto Park should engage anyway. It happened that way on my test drive — we parked in an almost-empty lot and it worked flawlessly. I’m still stumped.
Summon? Lucid doesn't have this feature

Mine stopped working.. how far away should I be from the parked cars for it to recognize an empty spot? I usually drive in the middle of the lane.. so should I be biased closer to the parked cars?

Ok I tried it today and it worked just great... I was doing this wrong. Here's what I learned after auto parking 6 times successfully. Drive around 6mph, trick is to drive close to the parked cars..about 4 or so feet..and it only seems to be looking for spaces between two parked cars.. and it split the difference and parked it flawlessly Everytime.. closest I got to another car was 13 inches away. Also, it was a near dark parking lot.. so light and cameras I don't think play a role.. it's a purely ultrasonic sensor based deal... and it worked very well... hope this helps!

Ok I tried it today and it worked just great... I was doing this wrong. Here's what I learned after auto parking 6 times successfully. Drive around 6mph, trick is to drive close to the parked cars..about 4 or so feet..and it only seems to be looking for spaces between two parked cars.. and it split the difference and parked it flawlessly Everytime.. closest I got to another car was 13 inches away. Also, it was a near dark parking lot.. so light and cameras I don't think play a role.. it's a purely ultrasonic sensor based deal... and it worked very well... hope this helps!
that's great to read. What release was your car on?

Has there been anyone who has had an issue with the auto-park (i.e. actual contact)? I tried it about a month after I got the car last year, and it got so close to the car on the passenger side (the mirror on the car next to me was within inches of mine) that I ended up hitting the brake and pulling out to center the car. I haven't tried it since.

Back