Auto Park

Maybe 2-3 years later, we get some sort of Summon parlor trick. It’s amazing how cars are evolving fast in our generation.

I do auto park regularly just to do it and it’s hit a miss on what it thinks is a good park job versus what I think is good. Sometimes there is a lot of space and I can open doors and other times I have stopped it midway to prevent an accident.

Either way, I’m hoping the data gets back to the SW team for improvements. I want to see more from this feature, and the best way to get more is to provide them data. Fingers crossed this is happening in the GB of data my car uploads weekly.

I tried Auto park. I posted it on Twitter if you are interested in seeing it. I think it did a good job. What do you guys think?

I noticed that the car in front is a GV-60!

Here is my GV-60 parking itself after I accidentally discovered that it can do it:

I can wait for the software to get better ... your video is way too slow....I could not wait to watch all of it.

I noticed that the car in front is a GV-60!

Here is my GV-60 parking itself after I accidentally discovered that it can do it:

I tested the self parking feature when I picked up the car. The bottom version is useful, IMO, if someone parks so close to me that I can't get in or out. Then I can use the fob to bring the car out of the space. Otherwise...I love my GV60 performance but I will park it myself! As Cosmo Cruz noted, one can take a nap while the car parks itself (which in my experience is generally true of self parking systems; I think a fast one would be terrifying).

I can wait for the software to get better ... your video is way too slow....I could not wait to watch all of it.

Oh, yeah! It is slow AF!

I only show it off as a parlor trick once in a while.

The remote one was even slower because the car would stop moving if I got too far away.

Strangely, it couldn't park as well in spots that didn't have a curb. In the curb-side spots, it did very well.

I tried it once. It was a bit terrifying to me.

Completely empty parking lot with the exception of one parked car. Out of the 40 or so available wide open spots it picked the spot right next to the parked car.

I don't know if that is because they couldn't read the lines on the ground or what. I do recall lighting was very strange, very bright outside on one row and dark on the other row. In any event I wasn't very happy with the car selection of spot.

So it backed into the spot and it moved a lot faster than I would have expected it to. I thought it might actually hit the one car, and was about to hit the brakes but because it did it so quickly it had already completed the auto park.

When I checked the car from outside it was completely hugging the line adjacent to the one other park car. So I was not terribly impressed with the end result either. So I manually move the car to one of the other 38 wide open spots.

To me it's not for the faint of heart

I tried twice, both times slot parking.
Once I hit the curb and second time i saved my insurance premium by braking in time to avoid hitting a Range Rover sport.

Both time on Driver side rear.

Asked customer care, suggested me to reset the car. Let's see if it works.

Once I hit the curb and second time i saved my insurance premium by braking in time to avoid hitting a Range Rover sport.

not sure what you mean by "slot" parking. Was it perpendicular or parallel?

Sorry to hear all of that curbing and having to stop autopark. I think you need to talk to Service and get your car checked out. I have not had the same amount of problems you have and I’ve auto parked all over San Diego and in some pretty hairy situations.

It was even worse since the last time I tried. I’ll have to get it fixed. Right rear is even worse. Zero to none lane detection, parked in front of an already parked car in perpendicular setting and said parking done.
Sorry to hear all of that curbing and having to stop autopark. I think you need to talk to Service and get your car checked out. I have not had the same amount of problems you have and I’ve auto parked all over San Diego and in some pretty hairy situations.

Dont the rear reverse lights come on while in Auto Park? I was yelled at for auto parking today with no indication, while I assumed the lights would indicate Im reversing and parking....

It was even worse since the last time I tried. I’ll have to get it fixed. Right rear is even worse. Zero to none lane detection, parked in front of an already parked car in perpendicular setting and said parking done.
Hi, @arun.sharma787. Please do contact your service center if this is a reoccurring experience.

Back