Auto-Cycle?

Tesla2.0

Referral Code - F0ZQ8SWA
Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
F0ZQ8SWA

This look so cool, at fractional cost of all EVs and can have 600 miles or 1000 miles range and have daily solar charge. I just put $100 to reserve one. Finger crossed if they get to mass production stage next year.

Last edited:

Full comprehensive review by Jay Leno.

This look so cool, at fractional cost of all EVs and can have 600 miles or 1000 miles range and have daily solar charge. I just put $100 to reserve one. Finger crossed if they get to mass production stage next year.
Yes. I’ve looked at them. San Diego company BTW, just down the freeway. I have considered putting down a deposit as I like the concept. However, I don’t think it would meet our needs. If I were in my 20’s or 30’s, I would be all over it. I do like the range!

Yes. I’ve looked at them. San Diego company BTW, just down the freeway. I have considered putting down a deposit as I like the concept. However, I don’t think it would meet our needs. If I were in my 20’s or 30’s, I would be all over it. I do like the range!
I have a kid in college and one more going. It was the younger one showed me this bizarre auto-cycle. I think this may be perfect for them. But convincing my wife was another story, but eventually I did persuade her. Thank goodness for economical price tag.

C1C8600D-E6C6-435A-B80A-05A48A87A53C.jpeg

Btw, I am buying it then going to private finance to one of kids if one of them wants it. If they don’t want it, it may just be my grocery shopping car. And save miles on AGT. But I am only 50/50 they can produce and deliver this vehicle to me by end of next year. It is just sooooo sci-fi looking.

I hate how they are lobbying to get the Tesla plug as standard.

coincidentally, I just read that email they sent me… now I assume this EV is using Tesla plug, which means if I ever get this in my hand, I would need a convertor.

7AF1F40C-3012-4EE6-8005-96B7BE9FAC56.png

If the US Government chooses the Tesla plug as standard then they’re idiots and they did a deal with the devil. They’re probably seeing it as a quick win due to the sheer size of the Supercharger network but then all car companies are going to be beholden to Tesla’s 400v architecture.

Even when Tesla opens up the network it will be useless to us because the volt boost can only support 50Kw and that’s even if the cable is long enough to reach the side of the car. Other 800 volt cars will have these limitations also.

Europe did it right and forced Tesla to comply and put CCS2 at the chargers and in the cars yet for some reason the US wants to be the only country in the world to move away from CCS and go with Tesla. It’s insane how backwards this country can be sometimes with technology choices!

Rich Rebuilds on YouTube did a video on that vehicle.

If the US Government chooses the Tesla plug as standard then they’re idiots and they did a deal with the devil. They’re probably seeing it as a quick win due to the sheer size of the Supercharger network but then all car companies are going to be beholden to Tesla’s 400v architecture.

Even when Tesla opens up the network it will be useless to us because the volt boost can only support 50Kw and that’s even if the cable is long enough to reach the side of the car. Other 800 volt cars will have these limitations also.

Europe did it right and forced Tesla to comply and put CCS2 at the chargers and in the cars yet for some reason the US wants to be the only country in the world to move away from CCS and go with Tesla. It’s insane how backwards this country can be sometimes with technology choices!

I guess it’s all about their charging network cost and less thoughtful to their clients. Tesla is just now geared towards higher production first, client satisfaction 2nd or 3rd and ultimately higher profitability and margin above all else. Sad but it’s capitalism.

It’s just Aptera, a tiny start up, lobbying the US government. I would give them precisely a 0.00% chance of getting what they want :)

I think it’s a little unfortunate there will likely end up 2 different standards worldwide, CCS2 and CCS, but that looks like where it’s heading.

Back