Aston Martin and Lucid

quantum

Verified Owner
Looks like Saudi PIF hold 16.7% of AM, Mercedes own 9.7%.

Mercedes has an exclusive contract to supply AM with engines till 2027. This includes ICE, electric and hybrid.

How does Lucid play into this? Would somone have to pay out the Merc stake to allow for Lucid to supply electrical components? I feel this is one reason PIF was not able to get Lucid to supply AM right now.

Mercedes has an exclusive contract to supply AM with engines till 2027. This includes ICE, electric and hybrid.

How does Lucid play into this? Would somone have to pay out the Merc stake to allow for Lucid to supply electrical components? I feel this is one reason PIF was not able to get Lucid to supply AM right now.
For the engines, are you talking about f1 or road cars?

Battery tech and chassis aren't "engines" but I doubt anyone here can get their hands on the actual contract to see.

Aston Martin, James Bond, Lucid?
I'm not sure that these go well together.

It mentions these two beasts in the article. These are AM's hybrid super cars.

I hope the 27th announcement, sheds light on the more pedestrian projects and hopefully announces the licensing Lucid tech.

Side note: Laurence Stroll has been just burning money with AM's F1 program for several years. This is the first year the team has really come out of the break swinging and winning. Sound familiar? Like a lot of EV start ups we know right?

Last edited:
No longer speculation. Thought this wouldn't be announced for another 2-3 years! Proves Lucid's superiority in EV tech.

That was some great spot on speculation haha
You saw that coming

Just read PIF sold stake in Mclaren 6 days ago. Must have been a requirement from Larence Stroll, CEO of Aston Martin.

Looks like AM is saying they will be 4 cars on the new platform developed with Lucid tech.

Fantastic.

Who else wants some Lucid drivetrain tech?!

Not sure if you caught the podcast with Motortrend and the Lucid vehicle dynamics team, but they mentioned one of the engineers petitioning for a RWD car using the sapphire drive unit. The idea being that one motor per wheel could result in some really really fun times on track.

I'd love to see a manufacturer with the history of making fun budget friendly cars pick up this project and make it main stream. Maybe someone like Toyota or Subaru.

Back