PIF increases stake in Aston Martin

quantum

Verified Owner
PIF now own more than 20%. Stroll owns 26%

Looks like ARAMCO in talks to buy Aston formula 1 team.

Wonder if Aston and Lucid could end up under a common parent company in the future.

Look at Geely for example. They own Volvo, Polestar, Lotus, and Zeeker. Many Westerners criticize these companies because they are owned by a Chinese parent, however they are releasing some top notch EV products. They have been able to maintain their Scandinavian design language and seem to operate fairly independent of the parent company.

So it could really benefit Lucid long term to have a parent company with deep pockets.

Lucid already has a parent with deep pockets as PIF has a majority stake.

Wonder if Aston and Lucid could end up under a common parent company in the future.

Look at Geely for example. They own Volvo, Polestar, Lotus, and Zeeker. Many Westerners criticize these companies because they are owned by a Chinese parent, however they are releasing some top notch EV products. They have been able to maintain their Scandinavian design language and seem to operate fairly independent of the parent company.

So it could really benefit Lucid long term to have a parent company with deep pockets.
I, for one, welcome our PIF overlords.

Lucid already has a parent with deep pockets as PIF has a majority stake.
Understood, but I see the PIF as much more of a passive investor compared to a manufacturing parent company like Geely.

Ultimately this may not be very different and could be better for Lucid I guess.

Back