Speculation Is Pagani next

quantum

Verified Owner
Saudi PIF owns 30% stake in Pagani.....I suspect they will be the next company to partner with Lucid. Ironic that they have partnered with Mercedes for their ICE car just like Aston Martin!.

He went on to hint that the V12's days are numbered, saying: "Our next hypercars will keep conveying unique emotions, irrespectively of their powertrain technology."

In 2018, Pagani told Autocar that there was "electric car research already ongoing", but the company has offered no more clues in the three years since.

"Christopher Pagani, the son of the company's founder, told TopGear.com that the existing battery technology does not allow Pagani to create the EV it wants – the tech is too heavy."

Lucid probably has the lightest/most power-dense EV tech, so maybe there is potential for a partnership if Pagani needs to build an EV in the next few years, especially since solid-state batteries are far from being ready.

Inside of a Pagani Huayra I got to see at a Sotheby’s auction. The car is so insanely distinctive and bespoke I’d be surprised if they were willing to use anyone else’s tech. Koenigsegg I think just developed an EV motor with more power/Kg than Lucid, and I’m not sure what Rimac EV motors are like, but I think those vehicles are in another league which I’d be surprised if Lucid could partner with them for much, Saudi connection or not. I’d be quite happy if Lucid did contribute to anything on a Pagani though, the cars are a work of art.
IMG_2278.jpeg
IMG_2279.jpeg

Inside of a Pagani Huayra I got to see at a Sotheby’s auction. The car is so insanely distinctive and bespoke I’d be surprised if they were willing to use anyone else’s tech. Koenigsegg I think just developed an EV motor with more power/Kg than Lucid, and I’m not sure what Rimac EV motors are like, but I think those vehicles are in another league which I’d be surprised if Lucid could partner with them for much, Saudi connection or not. I’d be quite happy if Lucid did contribute to anything on a Pagani though, the cars are a work of art.
View attachment 13314View attachment 13315
I think the Koenigsegg motors are great and small, but only produce that power in a burst and not a sustained draw. I could be wrong, but that's what I remember from a previous thread.

Found it

Quark torque and power chart_2.png

I think the Koenigsegg motors are great and small, but only produce that power in a burst and not a sustained draw. I could be wrong, but that's what I remember from a previous thread.

Found it

View attachment 13320
Wow, so Lucid power train is better for sustained power. Pretty impressive. Plus the graph runs out at 10K RPM, don’t our motors go to like 24k RPM?

Wow, so Lucid power train is better for sustained power. Pretty impressive. Plus the graph runs out at 10K RPM, don’t our motors go to like 24k RPM?
Yessir.

Well.. its definitely possible. I think that Pagani would go with Rimac though, as many automakers today do.

View attachment 13314View attachment 13315
One of the most cool thing about Pagani was that exposed gear shift mechanim. Maybe they will come up with something for an electric motor.

Back