Arizona

You the black one that was in there today? I stopped and got an appointment. I think you should see if you can hit them up for a kickback, I think they may get some business from your post, mine for one.
Scott
Yep that was probably mine. Good suggestion! Maybe I can get them to throw in an interior treatment.

Just received a message that the tinter didn't feel comfortable tinting the windshield because of the electronics so they will just be tinting my side and rear windows. I'm going to see how it goes without the windshield tinted for a bit.

Lucid created a tax loop hole and we confirmed our Air Pure Order let’s goooo!!!!

This is huge for Lucid !!!

This past weekend, the Senate passed the Inflation Reduction Act, which eliminates the $7,500 tax credit for sedans with an MSRP over $55,000. This means that if the bill is enacted, Lucid Air will no longer qualify for this tax credit. The House is expected to vote on the bill this Friday, August 12.

Many of you have asked what we can do to help you maintain your eligibility for this tax credit.*

The current text of the bill includes a “transition rule,” which may maintain eligibility for Lucid customers who enter into a contract to purchase their Lucid Air before the bill is signed. We’ve decided to help reservation holders take advantage of the transition rule by opening a window to place an order for their Lucid Air. This window is now open, and will remain so until 12 a.m. the morning the bill is passed, which could be as soon as this Friday.

To be completely clear, you don’t have to place an order now and your reservation will remain in place — we’re doing this to help those who want to do everything possible to maintain eligibility for the federal tax credit. If you don’t wish to place an order now, you’ll still have the opportunity to do so closer to your vehicle’s production date. Please note

Have seen the same Zenith Red Lucid Air the past two mornings in Phoenix, driving northbound on Central towards Northern. Driver looks to be in scrubs, perhaps heading to work at John C. Lincoln Hospital? Wondering if it's anyone on this forum.

Just paid for my Lucid GT. Was really hoping to pick it up today or tomorrow, but looks like they have too many deliveries (??) and can't get to my order until early next week. Also made an appointment with Echelon Autosports in North Scottsdale to ceramic coat the whole car, tint windows, and paint protect the full front. They work on very high-end cars there; did a really good job on my 911 in the past, use top-shelf materials, and their prices were almost half of Cactus Tint...

I think overall my experience with the Lucid support team is just okay. They may be better than Tesla (I never owned a Tesla), probably on par with "middle-class" vehicles, but definitely nowhere near as good as Porsche or Mercedes.

Just paid for my Lucid GT. Was really hoping to pick it up today or tomorrow, but looks like they have too many deliveries (??) and can't get to my order until early next week. Also made an appointment with Echelon Autosports in North Scottsdale to ceramic coat the whole car, tint windows, and paint protect the full front. They work on very high-end cars there; did a really good job on my 911 in the past, use top-shelf materials, and their prices were almost half of Cactus Tint...

I think overall my experience with the Lucid support team is just okay. They may be better than Tesla (I never owned a Tesla), probably on par with "middle-class" vehicles, but definitely nowhere near as good as Porsche or Mercedes.
Dang Roland stuff really accelerated for you so you will pick up the car nexr week?

Dang Roland stuff really accelerated for you so you will pick up the car nexr week?
Really? I was supposed to take delivery in May; finalized my order in early January. So they are two months plus behind schedule and I had to compromise on the preferred interior and wheel size.

Just picked my car up from ppf and of course it was raining. Really happy with how it looks and they posted some pics while they were working on it.

Just FYI for those who may plan to do EA charging at Arizona Mills today.
I was there this morning. Station 4 (350kW) not functioning. Charging error. I moved to station 4, also 350 kW, and had to call EA to reset it. Didn't work. Had to initiate from the car's app. Max kW: 170 kw.
Just like others, I had nothing but kudos for Ashley, the EA agent on the phone, who stayed on the phone for 15 minutes.
Too bad that the 30-minute session had to extend by 50% for troubleshooting, though.
This is only my 4th time with EA in the last 4 months since we haven't taken the car on a trip yet. The other 3 times were ok, but only with 150kW.

Last edited:
Was told today that as of Jan 01, 2023, EVs will not be issued HOV license plates. Is this true?

Was told today that as of Jan 01, 2023, EVs will not be issued HOV license plates. Is this true?
I heard that and they will no longer receive the discounted registration fee and have to pay based on value of car like others. One of the reasons that pushed me over the edge to upgrade to the GT.

I heard that and they will no longer receive the discounted registration fee and have to pay based on value of car like others. One of the reasons that pushed me over the edge to upgrade to the GT.
Wow...assuming that those who already have a plate would be grandfathered in. But altering the registration fee structure I guess would apply to everyone. Kind of sucks.

Wow...assuming that those who already have a plate would be grandfathered in. But altering the registration fee structure I guess would apply to everyone. Kind of sucks.
Actually, in looking at the DOT site, I think you retain the tax rate you had when you bought the car, so that should get grandfathered in. As for HOVs, I couldn't find anything there. Is it possible that someone is confusing the 2021 phase out of hybrid vehicles? Seems like that would be front and center on their site, but I'm not seeing anything. Only this:

Actually, in looking at the DOT site, I think you retain the tax rate you had when you bought the car, so that should get grandfathered in. As for HOVs, I couldn't find anything there. Is it possible that someone is confusing the 2021 phase out of hybrid vehicles? Seems like that would be front and center on their site, but I'm not seeing anything. Only this:

The reduced rate is grandfathered for the current owner. Last year's discount was a lot better than this year and those cars are also grandfathered. If we change the title or registration after this year, the discount will go away.

I don't think there is any change to the HOV lane usage for EVs.

The reduced rate is grandfathered for the current owner. Last year's discount was a lot better than this year and those cars are also grandfathered. If we change the title or registration after this year, the discount will go away.

I don't think there is any change to the HOV lane usage for EVs.
Agreed on the previous year being better, but in doing the calculation of what this year versus next year would be, I think there's about a $2300 difference. Also, I think they did call out that changing the title after paying off a car loan would not cause the discount to go away.

Hey all, new to the forums, have a Pure reservation, I am in South Mesa. I have tried to figure the HOV thing out, but am still not sure about it. I get that the plates are no longer issued, and the tax amount has changed, but what is not clear is whether fully electric vehicles will still be allowed in the HOV lanes? Anyone for sure know? Not that big a deal but clarification would be nice. To quote a KTAR article: "The change does not impact HOV privileges for fully electric cars and other vehicles with Arizona alternative fuel plates."

I think the general consensus is that there has been no change to the current policy. Plates will continue to be issued for fully alternative fueled vehicles. A couple years ago they stopped allowing hybrid cars to get these plates but those that already had them were grandfathered in. Should they stop allowing evs, I'd think the same would apply but for now I don't think they are planning to end it.

Thanks for the reply Maverick, I noticed someone had the AV plate with AIR GT on it so was wondering if I could get those still. If not I need to pick one that goes well with Quantum gray.

Back