Arizona

Thanks for the reply Maverick, appreciate the insight.
No worries...where are you located in AZ btw? Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions.

Hey Arizona owners, there has been some talk about the AC system not cooling enough in another thread. Now that you have gone through a Summer, how did the car do? I would be interested to also know how the “run into the store” feature (don’t know the specific name, sorry) that leaves the AC running for 45 mins did if you used it? It’s one of the selling points I have used to convince the wife.
Been driving my Lucid GT for about 4 weeks now. The AC is just okay. To be fair, it has been 110 degrees for the past couple of weeks. It is definitely not as good as the AC in my Mercedes GLE AMG. The air doesn't really come out strong. Don't expect it to blow on your face to cool you down quickly; there is a lip over the vents that prevents the air to blow up; it either blows down or at my chest. If the vehicle is in the sun for half hour when you get in and start driving, it will take good 10+ minutes for the AC to cool down the interior to comfortable level. I am yet to turn down the AC once because I am cold. In the Mercedes, the inside is cool within 5 minutes and I have to turn it down. Just my two cents. The seat coolers are also just okay. I don't really feel much air movement from the seats.

Been driving my Lucid GT for about 4 weeks now. The AC is just okay. To be fair, it has been 110 degrees for the past couple of weeks. It is definitely not as good as the AC in my Mercedes GLE AMG. The air doesn't really come out strong. Don't expect it to blow on your face to cool you down quickly; there is a lip over the vents that prevents the air to blow up; it either blows down or at my chest. If the vehicle is in the sun for half hour when you get in and start driving, it will take good 10+ minutes for the AC to cool down the interior to comfortable level. I am yet to turn down the AC once because I am cold. In the Mercedes, the inside is cool within 5 minutes and I have to turn it down. Just my two cents. The seat coolers are also just okay. I don't really feel much air movement from the seats.
I only drove Lucid for about 5 days for renting and I felt the same, like I don't think the car case endure in Phoenix setting, I was wearing a hat in the glass roof canopy lol.
I think a metal solid roof will be a game changer, or at least I hope, in my head thats like way less sun to absorb and heat to come through.
So I think this will help a lot which is one major reason why I pushed for the metal roof.

One quick thing you might want to try...turn the defrost on and then off again. I'm not sure what upgrade version introduced it, but a known bug is where the defroster will be on, but it won't indicate that it's on. It may be my seat position or something else, but when the air is blowing as it should, I can get it to blow on my face and the ac cools things down pretty quickly. As I've said a few times, maybe I'm just lucky and it works better, but definitely give the defrost trick a try.

Welcome...you'll find you're in good company here. We have a few folks in the area who have recently received theirs and a few of us who are anxiously awaiting delivery after receiving the VIN. But the PHX area (and throw Alex in Tucson and Boomer AZ in Prescott for good measure). Looking forward to getting the gang together.
Being new, just 2 weeks with my AGT, it would be fun to get together the
Hi people,
I wanted to create a group for Arizona Lucid people. Please join this thread if you are in Arizona and invite others who are in Arizona.
I am in Phoenix, around Tatum and Shea. Have an order for Lucid Air Grand Touring. Finalized my order in mid-January 2022 and don't have a VIN yet.
Being new to the forum, I am at 110th and Shea. It would be fun to get together with fellow Lucid owners!!

My present list of members from Arizona. Who am I missing?

EVCar
AZAirGT
Maverick
Switt
Adnillien
mnewber1
bhramabull
stevelitchfieldpark
Alex
Steveinarizona
Rolandphx
Lucken
Blueice89
Ovfitbob
Bockius
Tuccur
LCID_GT_AZ
dale246
SubSailor
Boomer_AZ
Percentage

Put Rominian on the list, no car yet but hoping for June next year.

Oh I don’t have the car yet, sorry if that was what the list was for, thought it was for future owners also, if so I retract myself from the list.

Oh I don’t have the car yet, sorry if that was what the list was for, thought it was for future owners also, if so I retract myself from the list.
No, I just hadn't read the later posts to see that you didn't have yours yet. Definitely stay on forum. The waiting can be tough, right?

Hey all, new to the forums, have a Pure reservation, I am in South Mesa. I have tried to figure the HOV thing out, but am still not sure about it. I get that the plates are no longer issued, and the tax amount has changed, but what is not clear is whether fully electric vehicles will still be allowed in the HOV lanes? Anyone for sure know? Not that big a deal but clarification would be nice. To quote a KTAR article: "The change does not impact HOV privileges for fully electric cars and other vehicles with Arizona alternative fuel plates."
Yeah I was told that the plates were no longer issued but when I got my plates guess what! Yup I got alt fuel plate.

I got ppf and ceramic coat. After a road trip with bugs on the front, they wiped off with just a damp cloth. Expensive but worth it imo.

The alternative fuel plate is not affected. It is only that the discount on registration that has gone down significantly.
It used to be that the dealer could only get a regular plate so the BEV owner had to then exchange it for the correct HOV plate. Nice that now it is all done at once.

I paid $1124 for license which is less than 1% of price.
Which I think is over $2k less than it would have cost if you got the car in 2023.

Back