Arizona

Rolandphx

Cars
GLE AMG
Hi people,
I wanted to create a group for Arizona Lucid people. Please join this thread if you are in Arizona and invite others who are in Arizona.
I am in Phoenix, around Tatum and Shea. Have an order for Lucid Air Grand Touring. Finalized my order in mid-January 2022 and don't have a VIN yet.

Welcome...you'll find you're in good company here. We have a few folks in the area who have recently received theirs and a few of us who are anxiously awaiting delivery after receiving the VIN. But the PHX area (and throw Alex in Tucson and Boomer AZ in Prescott for good measure). Looking forward to getting the gang together.

Based on what you know and have seen, are you still confident in your decision of getting the Lucid? I am very much on a fence between the Lucid Grand Touring and EQS 580. What are your thoughts?

Yup, I’m in Prescott. Likely can host an event here and make my charger available to those in need.

Yup, I’m in Prescott. Likely can host an event here and make my charger available to those in need.
Does that mean I can stop by to charge on my way across the country?

Hi people,
I wanted to create a group for Arizona Lucid people. Please join this thread if you are in Arizona and invite others who are in Arizona.
I am in Phoenix, around Tatum and Shea. Have an order for Lucid Air Grand Touring. Finalized my order in mid-January 2022 and don't have a VIN yet.
Welcome! I am near Tatum and Lincoln and yes the AZ group should get together.

Based on what you know and have seen, are you still confident in your decision of getting the Lucid? I am very much on a fence between the Lucid Grand Touring and EQS 580. What are your thoughts?
Having done three test drives and religiously looked at every post on this board since I starting lurking in November and signed up in December, I am more confident than ever. While I totally get the software frustrations, I've never done much with most of the items that are brought up. Carplay/Android Auto are not big needs for me. Unlocking the door may be annoying (though it's perhaps better now). Nav is something I use sparingly. Ultimately, I love driving and nothing drives like this car. You won't find anyone on this forum who disagrees. Throw in the quiet versus my truck and jeep, and I am on pins and needles waiting for the car. In fact, most of these complaints on the board these days are from people who ordered gray or silver and are angry that their wait time has been increased.

Yes, we can find flaws with everything...but review after review in addition to comments on this board demonstrate that they absolutely got the CAR right. Yes, software improvements are needed, but they have made great strides and will continue to do so. But the idea of this vehicle on an open road is intoxicating. So yes, I am more confident than ever.

Question to anyone/everyone here - I just did my test drive at the Fashion square location and the only odd / jarring thing during my entire drive was I really had to push hard on the accelerator in Smooth mode to get the car moving!? Perhaps I'm used to the gentle acceleration needed with the Model 3? I just wasn't able to reason why I felt that way. Swift mode was slightly better I suppose

Question to anyone/everyone here - I just did my test drive at the Fashion square location and the only odd / jarring thing during my entire drive was I really had to push hard on the accelerator in Smooth mode to get the car moving!? Perhaps I'm used to the gentle acceleration needed with the Model 3? I just wasn't able to reason why I felt that way. Swift mode was slightly better I suppose
I have no context for it given it will be my first EV. It seemed pretty normal to me, but not having had a Tesla, I can't comment beyond that.

I did a test drive at Fashion Square in Scottsdale several weeks ago -- probably the same car you test drove. I did not notice any lag in acceleration. Certainly not a lag that would affect my enjoyment of the car. Perhaps because this is only the second EV I have driven.

You are correct that the accelerator pedal feels “heavy” in the Air compared to Tesla. Having driven a MS for 10 years (!), I found the Lucid pretty concerning initially. The pedal is just not silky smooth and effortless like the MS. But once you put away the Tesla, you get used to the Lucid feel very quickly. The accelerator pedal does not feel heavy for long. And then going back into the Tesla, suddenly it is too soft and effortless!

I mean, define "hard" In smooth mode the car definitely has some acceleration dampening. My preferred driving mode is swift

Hi people,
Count me in. I’m in the McDowell Mountains area. Probably among the last group to get into production since my reservation is for a T.

I mean, define "hard" In smooth mode the car definitely has some acceleration dampening. My preferred driving mode is swift
I think you perfectly described what I was trying to say. My wife liked Swift mode better too for that reason. Pedal is easier to push

Having done three test drives and religiously looked at every post on this board since I starting lurking in November and signed up in December, I am more confident than ever. While I totally get the software frustrations, I've never done much with most of the items that are brought up. Carplay/Android Auto are not big needs for me. Unlocking the door may be annoying (though it's perhaps better now). Nav is something I use sparingly. Ultimately, I love driving and nothing drives like this car. You won't find anyone on this forum who disagrees. Throw in the quiet versus my truck and jeep, and I am on pins and needles waiting for the car. In fact, most of these complaints on the board these days are from people who ordered gray or silver and are angry that their wait time has been increased.

Yes, we can find flaws with everything...but review after review in addition to comments on this board demonstrate that they absolutely got the CAR right. Yes, software improvements are needed, but they have made great strides and will continue to do so. But the idea of this vehicle on an open road is intoxicating. So yes, I am more confident than ever.

Your review was encouraging. Can you or anyone else discussv a little further about the Scottsdale test drive? Length of test, roads used and car used for the test? I'm in Dallas and Scottsdale is apparently the closest location for me. Thx in advance! (white GT Mojave)

It felt good to me, but I did not come off a Tesla. I came off a Mercedes AMG and Lucid was definitely faster, hahaha.

Back