• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Arizona

It is not too late in case anyone is interested in joining us on Saturday. Please respond here to let us know.
It looks like the 60 remains closed today. @Pwmac and I are going to push our Payson trip to next weekend to hopefully have a little less traffic and a more fun drive. Same plan for next Saturday if anyone would like to join us.

@Alex thanks for the heads up on the 60 and the traffic.

It looks like the 60 remains closed today. @Pwmac and I are going to push our Payson trip to next weekend to hopefully have a little less traffic and a more fun drive. Same plan for next Saturday if anyone would like to join us.

Interesting I might be free have to ask family !

But isn’t everyone flocking to flagstaff and payson on the weekend ?

I went from Santa Clara to Scottsdale and Tucson and the only issue I had was at Quartzsite.
Quatzsite is consistently a poor experience typically on top of a wait. It's unfortunate there aren't other EA options in the vicinity.

How many of the 4 stations were down? Also, when you charged, were you getting 5-40kW bouncing around? That's what I experienced last time.

It is not too late in case anyone is interested in joining us on Saturday. Please respond here to let us know.
Sorry I missed you guys. I happen to be in Prescott today picking up my daughter from camp.

Quatzsite is consistently a poor experience typically on top of a wait. It's unfortunate there aren't other EA options in the vicinity.

How many of the 4 stations were down? Also, when you charged, were you getting 5-40kW bouncing around? That's what I experienced last time.
Both coming and going all were up. Going to AZ it was bouncing and I said screw it and took the two lane highway north of interstate and got great range. On the way back the main problem was some jerk left their car for an hour after their charge.

FYI - Avoid I-40 between Kingman and Ash Fork if possible. There is 25 miles of contiguous torn road and large potholes, extremely difficult to avoid. Cars and semi's swerving best as they can. Lots of blown semi tires strewn along the shoulder. They provide an orange warning sign "Rough roads next 25 miles" but by that time it's a bit too late.

On my way back, what I did was play the "video game" of avoiding as best as possible from Ash Fork to Seligman, at which point you can pick up Route 66 which is a smooth and far more interesting drive. Recommend taking 66 both ways.

My everything is tinted and it never cools off. Would you please share info on what you have? I may have to redo mine.

What type of tint did you have installed?

You'll want an IR (& UV) reducing tint, which works independently of the darkness factor (VLT). I have chosen XPEL Prime Plus. It will reduce rate of heat entering the interior of the car from the windows & canopy (only do the front half of the canopy).

The interior will still heat in the sun when temp is not being managed (e.g. remote pre-cooling or 45 min temperature maintain when exiting). However, it will heat more slowly and the surfaces, e.g. steering wheel, seats, will no longer get hot even when parked in the sun for long periods.

What type of tint did you have installed?

You'll want an IR (& UV) reducing tint, which works independently of the darkness factor (VLT). I have chosen XPEL Prime Plus. It will reduce rate of heat entering the interior of the car from the windows & canopy (only do the front half of the canopy).

The interior will still heat in the sun when temp is not being managed (e.g. remote pre-cooling or 45 min temperature maintain when exiting). However, it will heat more slowly and the surfaces, e.g. steering wheel, seats, will no longer get hot even when parked in the sun for long periods.
3M Crystalline works well too

I used XPel Prime Plus 20% all sides, that said the care is pure glass so if you leave it in Sun more than 2 hours it’s going to heat to like 125+ and 55% winshield roof. It’s fine as you drive with AC on and have decent start Temp like 100 degree

I don’t know about you all but it’s been almost too cold with this tint lol 😂

IMG_9055.jpeg

So today we hit a record in AZ 118 degree heat , I might have cursed myself but the Lucid was really working it in this heat! Man it was hot , I am thinking 120-124 is going to be where this car may struggle to keep very cold but I wonder if other cars also running into this ev space.

I should have precooled more so that was my bad.
IMG_9117.jpeg

So today we hit a record in AZ 118 degree heat , I might have cursed myself but the Lucid was really working it in this heat! Man it was hot , I am thinking 120-124 is going to be where this car may struggle to keep very cold but I wonder if other cars also running into this ev space.

I should have precooled more so that was my bad.
View attachment 13569
When you're driving in 118, is your BMS fan running?

If so, how long does the BMS fan run after you get back to your garage and lock the car?

When you're driving in 118, is your BMS fan running?

If so, how long does the BMS fan run after you get back to your garage and lock the car?
Dude the fan is running all the time, I have to literally lock the door on my car using the fob one press then go hide my fob on other side of house.
My guess the fan is gonna keep running until csr is locked ?

Dude the fan is running all the time, I have to literally lock the door on my car using the fob one press then go hide my fob on other side of house.
My guess the fan is gonna keep running until csr is locked ?
It may keep running even after the car is locked, which is what I was curious about. It will run to protect the battery, even if the car is off. I think this is one of the reasons why they suggest to keep the car plugged at home during these excessive heat waves. That way, the fan can run whenever it needs and will use your home's power instead of the HV battery.

It may keep running even after the car is locked, which is what I was curious about. It will run to protect the battery, even if the car is off. I think this is one of the reasons why they suggest to keep the car plugged at home during these excessive heat waves. That way, the fan can run whenever it needs and will use your home's power instead of the HV battery.
Yeah this maybe why it’s important to precool as well rather than just drive off

So how often you walk into garage and car fan running ?

Not lucid but I noticed the same thing with the Taycan. I switched to charging during nighttime and lowered the charging speed to 4.5KW instead of 9KW. It seems to help.

Back