Arizona

For my Arizona and hot lucid climate owners, what tint set up do you use? Is it helping in our 100 degree heat. I want to tint the whole car roof both roofs and sides and winshield. Originally I was gonna do 35s all around and 70 on windshield. Would you go darker??
15 on rear 5 windows.

For my Arizona and hot lucid climate owners, what tint set up do you use? Is it helping in our 100 degree heat. I want to tint the whole car roof both roofs and sides and winshield. Originally I was gonna do 35s all around and 70 on windshield. Would you go darker??
I used PhotSync exclusively all around. 70% for the windshield and top and 45% everywhere else – Side front and rear windows and rear window. I wanted 55% everywhere else, but the installer mistakenly put in 45%. I personally think it's a bit too dark. They offered to replace it for free. With PhotoSync you get just as much TSER (Total Solar rejection) even with their lighter tints and it activates more when exposed to light (without getting darker).

I used PhotSync exclusively all around. 70% for the windshield and top and 45% everywhere else – Side front and rear windows and rear window. I wanted 55% everywhere else, but the installer mistakenly put in 45%. I personally think it's a bit too dark. They offered to replace it for free. With PhotoSync you get just as much TSER (Total Solar rejection) even with their lighter tints and it activates more when exposed to light (without getting darker).

Would your photosync 35 be as dark as typical ceramic 35?

Would your photosync 35 be as dark as typical ceramic 35?
Yes, the 35% represents the amount of light transmitted (you can see that at the above PDF, although 30% is what's available for PhotoSync). You will also notice that the UV and IR blocking is almost the same for all light transmission levels for PhotoSync.

Personally I prefer to be able to see better in the dark, especially when backing out of driveways. In the past, it's been hard to see pedestrians with 35% tint, so I switched a long time ago to lighter shades. Although, the Lucid radar would probably catch any pedestrian.

You should call Cactus Auto Tint and discuss with them. I think they have some demonstrator setups where you can compare the various tints. They are the only authorized (prestige-film) PhotoSync dealer in the Phoenix area. The other one is in Tucson.

What did you tint the top rear window? 45?

I'm in LV and so understand what you're going thru. I did XPEL XP Prime Plus 35 around and 70 windshield+front half of glass canopy.

It helps.
  • Surface areas inside the car are not hot to the touch due to the IR protection.
  • Your skin does not feel that strong sunlight due to the UV protection. Unroll your window and you'll be able to tell how effective it is.
  • It also helps with interior temp, to some degree.
If I were to do it again:
  • I would probably go for 30 all around (which may be special order for your XPEL / detailer, but does exist). Reason being, it's really hard to see at night with 20 (my opinion).
  • I would probably try 50 for front windshield + canopy. That's a bit darker than recommended but the reality is most of the heat and UV is coming in from the windshield + front half of the canopy. My detailer drove me in his car (he's in Tempe) to show me what 50 looks like and it looked fine to me. However, if you consider 50, please test drive a car at night first, just to make sure.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I saw your car in Hyer I am going to see him Wednesday thinking to do 55 front and 20s sides and either 55 or 20 on the roof. I like it a little dark but good enough to see at night. I like the dark look. AZ heat makes me want to tint as much as possible already 104 today

I saw your car in Hyer I am going to see him Wednesday thinking to do 55 front and 20s sides and either 55 or 20 on the roof. I like it a little dark but good enough to see at night. I like the dark look. AZ heat makes me want to tint as much as possible already 104 today
Awesome. I like what you're thinking there.

100 here.

Let me know how it goes.

Awesome. I like what you're thinking there.

100 here.

Let me know how it goes.
Just curious I dunno if it’s too much to ask but could you post a picture of what your driver point of view is during day and night. Just curious how the 20s obscure the night view. This has me second guessing a bit and thinking 35 front windows and 20 rear and front winshield 55.

Just curious I dunno if it’s too much to ask but could you post a picture of what your driver point of view is during day and night. Just curious how the 20s obscure the night view. This has me second guessing a bit and thinking 35 front windows and 20 rear and front winshield 55.
Okay the tint is complete 50 winshield , 20s all around. Looks over function. Bring on the heat!
IMG_7752.jpeg

Don’t see many Lucids yet but i am almost driving everyday now so maybe you will see me in the East Valley Tempe Gilbert chandler commute.

IMG_7812.jpeg

Anyone from AZ make the trip out to San Diego I see one main electrify America chargers in Yuma at half way point. Thinking about making trip there for July 4 in Lucid or possibly Tesla. Wanted to know if any gotchas or tips also it’s a busy holidays week that one

My suggestion is to show off the technology. Charge to 100%. Set the cruise or HA at a max of 70, drive the car very gently, feather the accelerator and drive it all the way without charging. Would make a great video blog.

My suggestion is to show off the technology. Charge to 100%. Set the cruise or HA at a max of 70, drive the car very gently, feather the accelerator and drive it all the way without charging. Would make a great video blog.
Why hypermile an AGT? Why not drive it like you hate it, stop at Yuma and do a quick 20 or 30% fill up, and then continue driving like you hate it? A lot more fun and you won't have other drivers beeping at you for driving so slowly.

Why hypermile an AGT? Why not drive it like you hate it, stop at Yuma and do a quick 20 or 30% fill up, and then continue driving like you hate it? A lot more fun and you won't have other drivers beeping at you for driving so slowly.
I really wouldn’t call hypermiling, I think 70 mph is a relaxed pace.

Anyone from AZ make the trip out to San Diego I see one main electrify America chargers in Yuma at half way point. Thinking about making trip there for July 4 in Lucid or possibly Tesla. Wanted to know if any gotchas or tips also it’s a busy holidays week that one
My advice ... whatever you do, don't stop at Quartzsite to charge (unless it's an emergency). Horrible experience at EA both times I've been there. Rate was 5 kW for 10 minutes, then switched it another charging station and it was 5 kW to 40 kW bouncing between the two. Both times long lines. Avoid

Back