Arizona

Does the car have automatic heat protection for battery when parked in such a hot climate? I am sure there is but any best practices apart from parking in shade? Keeping windows slightly lower, etc.

Does the car have automatic heat protection for battery when parked in such a hot climate? I am sure there is but any best practices apart from parking in shade? Keeping windows slightly lower, etc.
I do not believe that is has any automatic battery conditioning unless plugged. I wish we could set a cabin temperature limit while it is parked. Parking in the shade is the best bet. When I park in the sun at work, I am usually level 2 charging so that the battery is cooled.

I do not believe that is has any automatic battery conditioning unless plugged. I wish we could set a cabin temperature limit while it is parked. Parking in the shade is the best bet. When I park in the sun at work, I am usually level 2 charging so that the battery is cooled.
My car's internal was at 108 the other day and it was only 80 out.
Can't imagine Arizona weather. definitely want to put temp limits on the car if possible. Or at least alerts/notifications to the phone

My car's internal was at 108 the other day and it was only 80 out.
Can't imagine Arizona weather. definitely want to put temp limits on the car if possible. Or at least alerts/notifications to the phone
On my recent trip to AZ, my internal temp was 135°, so I turned the climate control on for 20 minutes before I got in the car and it was perfect. Outside temp was 106°

Interesting there is no cabin protection? I never knew that… I got kids so something I like on the car and Arizona is just a really hot place in general.
Also electronics in heat so how hot can I get In the car if you just left it heat for few hours ?

On my recent 5 hour road trip to Arizona, about two weeks back when it was sunny & 96, I noticed the back side of my cockpit console was HOT (not the touchscreen, the back panel). It was hot enough that I began to wonder whether or not the electronics in the cockpit panel might become damaged.

I have since put XPEL Prime Plus 70 on the entire front windshield & front canopy. In Las Vegas today, I touched the cockpit panel it was hotter than I expected, and it was cool here.

Does anyone know whether IR or sunlight can damage that cockpit panel, and/or, if it normally runs that hot even in cooler climates?

I've had my Lucid for 16 months and since I first owned it, that dash panel gets HOT. Even on cooler days it feels noticeably
On my recent 5 hour road trip to Arizona, about two weeks back when it was sunny & 96, I noticed the back side of my cockpit console was HOT (not the touchscreen, the back panel). It was hot enough that I began to wonder whether or not the electronics in the cockpit panel might become damaged.

I have since put XPEL Prime Plus 70 on the entire front windshield & front canopy. In Las Vegas today, I touched the cockpit panel it was hotter than I expected, and it was cool here.

Does anyone know whether IR or sunlight can damage that cockpit panel, and/or, if it normally runs that hot even in cooler climates?

I've had my Lucid for 16 months, and that panel gets HOT all the time. Even on cooler days it feels hotter that what one would expect. I've never had a heat-related issue, though.

I've had my Lucid for 16 months and since I first owned it, that dash panel gets HOT. Even on cooler days it feels noticeable
So your scrambled eggs are not to your liking?

Joined the Lucid Owners Club, the plaid is gone!
See you all at next meet up !
IMG_7014.jpeg

Joined the Lucid Owners Club, the plaid is gone!
See you all at next meet up !
View attachment 12449
Congratulations! I take back all those thoughts where I thought you were just teasing us about buying a Lucid. Buying used was a good financial choice. Hopefully selling the Plaid did not cost you to much.

Congratulations! I take back all those thoughts where I thought you were just teasing us about buying a Lucid. Buying used was a good financial choice. Hopefully selling the Plaid did not cost you to much.
Thank you I kept my ear close to you all and once the time was right I chose the car I wanted :)

I know insurance has been discussed on the Lucid Owners Forum but i have a question specific to insurance in AZ. When I received my AGT in October of 2022, I insured with USAA as they had a great price of $736 for 6 months. Liability is 300/500/100 with a $1,000 deductible, no claims and no tickets and i have 4 cars insured with them as well my home. In December of 2022 the policy renewed and the 6 months premium went to $955. I just received the June to December 2023 6 month quote for $1,231. A 67% increase from the original quote of $736. Still no tickets and no claims. I called USAA and all they would say is they asked AZ for permission to increase insurance rates due to "inflation" and received the ok to increase premiums starting Jan 1 2023. I told them they might lose a 46 year customer. I will check other companies but has anyone else experienced a rate increase like this and does anyone have a better quote than $1,231/6 months?

It seems all the insurance companies jack up the rates. I've been switching back and forth between Allstate and Geico because they keep doing the same. It's a hassle but it's probably worth shopping around.

I just replaced the plaid with lucid and projects premium will rise 115$ to 1600$ for 2 cars model Y and Lucid. I think the Y is like : 700$ so my guess the Lucid is around 900$. Lucid was 1 year newer than Plaid 2022 vs 2021. But roughly 150$/mo. Progressive Platinum.

Attachments

• IMG_7116.jpeg
    IMG_7116.jpeg
    183.4 KB · Views: 57
Here is break down of costs and coverage if you wanted to compare progressive

Attachments

• IMG_7117.jpeg
    IMG_7117.jpeg
    368.4 KB · Views: 46
I know insurance has been discussed on the Lucid Owners Forum but i have a question specific to insurance in AZ. When I received my AGT in October of 2022, I insured with USAA as they had a great price of $736 for 6 months. Liability is 300/500/100 with a $1,000 deductible, no claims and no tickets and i have 4 cars insured with them as well my home. In December of 2022 the policy renewed and the 6 months premium went to $955. I just received the June to December 2023 6 month quote for $1,231. A 67% increase from the original quote of $736. Still no tickets and no claims. I called USAA and all they would say is they asked AZ for permission to increase insurance rates due to "inflation" and received the ok to increase premiums starting Jan 1 2023. I told them they might lose a 46 year customer. I will check other companies but has anyone else experienced a rate increase like this and does anyone have a better quote than $1,231/6 months?
I'm not in AZ but progressive just did about the same thing to me in NY. I'm shopping around too.

Back