Are we getting our cars

would not be surprised if Lucid increases prices too. However, I would be surprised if they applied it to current reservation holders. One possibility is that to maintain the current pricing, they would ask you to confirm the reservation and make the deposit non-refundable.

Wow, crazy price increase. They are offering dual motor versions too.

It's insane, right? It is now the same price as the BMWiX.

I agree. BMW has a long history and a wide range of dealerships to service the car and the IX looks like a very good option (if one can ignore the snout). A new car company has to (a) establish that it can build good vehicles; (b) show that it can service and maintain them; and (c) have a better price for a comparable vehicle until it can demonstrate that it can successfully meet the first two goals. Similar to how Hyundai's Genesis brand needs to stay priced under its German competitors at this time.

So I just got an status update and it looks like what we call in San Diego, “May Grey” and “June Gloom“ and I’m not talking about the weather. It wasn’t my DA who called, but I have been “reassigned.” Why? Don’t know and the new DA just saw that I was assigned to him this morning. Probably because my old one did not want to be the bearer of bad news and more “Grey delay.” My VIN which had been tentative for April 11th has now been pushed to mid to late April (read that as LATE APRIL from the tone of the conversation). Was told about the “Grey harmony issues” that have been described on the board previously. He was non-committal as to whether or not they have the harmony “harmonized” and more or less confirmed, as I interpreted the conversation, that there have been no grey VINs issued. My guess is they are still attempting to make harmony. Anyway, that will likely push my delivery into June (stated 2-6 weeks from VIN, but with my experience, nothing is either in the short end nor does it make the long) or into 7 months on a 2-4 month delivery timeline and I am completely frustrated by all this. At least he has communicated more than I had received before. All I can say on this part of the process is that they better damn well have all the other parts to install once they learn how to paint. I will be a VERY UNHAPPY customer if, for example, they received a new batch of carpet that did not meet specs and we undergo further delays after having all the parts and delivering cars for people who reserved this calendar year.

For those who have received their cars and say the after delivery service is superb, all I can say is that it better be the best damn service I have ever seen and my car, and after waiting 7 months to build it, better have ZERO fit and finish issues after I leave the lot. I also fully expect non-glitchy software for basic functions, such as turning on, unlocking, functional back up cameras, opening /closing the garage door, etc. After all, they have had an extended time to correct everything while they learn to “harmonize.”

Last edited:
So I just got an status update and it looks like what we call in San Diego, “May Grey” and “June Gloom“ and I’m not talking about the weather. It wasn’t my DA who called, but I have been “reassigned.” Why? Don’t know and the new DA just saw that I was assigned to him this morning. Probably because my old one did not want to be the bearer of bad news and more “Grey delay.” My VIN which had been tentative for April 11th has now been pushed to mid to late April (read that as LATE APRIL from the tone of the conversation). Was told about the “Grey harmony issues” that have been described on the board previously. He was non -commitL as to wether or not they have the harmony “harmonized” and more or less confirmed, as I interpreted the conversation, that there have been no grey VINs issued. My guess is they are still attempting to make harmony. Anyway, that will likely push my delivery into June (stated 2-6 weeks from VIN, but with my experience, nothing is either the short end nor does it make the long) or into 7 months on a 2-4 month delivery timeline and I am completely frustrated by all this. At least he has communicated more than I had received before. All I can say on this part of the process is that they better damn well have all the other parts to install once they learn how to paint. I will be a VERY UNHAPPY customer if, for example, they received a new batch of carper that did not meet specs and we undergo further delays after having all the parts and delivering cars for people who reserved this calendar year.

For those who have received their cars and say the after delivery service is superb, all I can say is that it better be the best damn service I have ever seen and my car, after waiting 7 months to build it, better have ZERO fit and finish issues after I leave the lot. I also fully expect non-glitchy software for basic functions, such as turning on, unlocking, functional back up cameras, opening /closing the garage door, etc. After all, they have had an extended time to correct everything while they learn to “harmonize.”
Thanks for this update.

Completely understand the frustration...for comparison, and perhaps perspective, I was just getting a tire changed at my Tesla dealer and they said the earliest a Model 3 ordered today would be August, the earliest S, Y & X are into fall and next year. And these are cars that have already been in production, for whatever its worth.

I was also told I could expect to get exactly - if not more - what I paid for my Model 3 AWD / LR 2 years ago (19k miles), which I will do when I get my Lucid VIN. Feeling fortunate to have both cars in my life.

Completely understand the frustration...for comparison, and perhaps perspective, I was just getting a tire changed at my Tesla dealer and they said the earliest a Model 3 ordered today would be August, the earliest S, Y & X are into fall and next year. And these are cars that have already been in production, for whatever its worth.

I was also told I could expect to get exactly - if not more - what I paid for my Model 3 AWD / LR 2 years ago (19k miles), which I will do when I get my Lucid VIN. Feeling fortunate to have both cars in my life.
At least the Teslas have a shorter timeline from order to delivery, even for the S, X, and Y.

I can understand delays due to supply chain or other external factors. I cannot understand something so fundamental as matching paint. How long have they been trying to get this done? It appears they have been trying to get this paint harmonization done for months and they still can't get it done. Will they ever get it done? Wife hates the red. I don't like white. I just had a black car and really did not want another one, but that might be the only choice since Lucid can't manage more than three colors. Maybe Lucid should just forget paint and wrap their cars...

I can understand delays due to supply chain or other external factors. I cannot understand something so fundamental as matching paint. How long have they been trying to get this done? It appears they have been trying to get this paint harmonization done for months and they still can't get it done. Will they ever get it done? Wife hates the red. I don't like white. I just had a black car and really did not want another one, but that might be the only choice since Lucid can't manage more than three colors. Maybe Lucid should just forget paint and wrap their cars...

I think there’s something to be said for getting it right, rather than just delivering it anyway. Once they get it right, and they’re being exacting, it should flow much faster.

I think there’s something to be said for getting it right, rather than just delivering it anyway. Once they get it right, and they’re being exacting, it should flow much faster.
And that is why the car better damn well be perfect when they deliver it at 7 months in a 2-4 month delivery window. They have had all the time in the world to get it right and I simply won’t put up with either hardware or software issues at that point.

And that is why the car better damn well be perfect when they deliver it at 7 months in a 2-4 month delivery window. They have had all the time in the world to get it right and I simply won’t put up with either hardware or software issues at that point.
So...if that's the case, I'd probably think it's better to just cancel no? You know there will be an issue when you get your car, it's practically inevitable

So...if that's the case, I'd probably think it's better to just cancel no? You know there will be an issue when you get your car, it's practically inevitable
No. I’m not looking to cancel and lose my deposit. I’m just saying the service detail (which the current owners rave about) will have to bend over backwards to correct anything that is not perfect. I am usually easy going and my wife is the picky one, but I will be a VERY vocal customer and a very squeaky wheel if my now higher expectations are not met. It’s the lack of communication which has upset me. I am looking for some gesture of goodwill by Lucid for the delay and lack of communication about it.

So my Lucid sales guy finally responded to my direct question about the grey color issue, saying there is no issue. He said there are no specific delays with my configuration (which is the Quantum Gray) and I should hear "specific guidance in the coming weeks/months" about my delivery/VIN. I do not want to post the exact email he sent but that is the gist of it. He did say there are Q3 timelines for "Cosmos Silver Exterior, 20” Aero Lite Wheels, and Mojave PurLuxe interior" but that we know, it is printed on the web site.

I should add, I suspect these guys know I am now publicly reporting on these issues on a new blog about Lucid... So maybe they are being super careful to not scare investors.

So my Lucid sales guy finally responded to my direct question about the grey color issue, saying there is no issue. He said there are no specific delays with my configuration (which is the Quantum Gray) and I should hear "specific guidance in the coming weeks/months" about my delivery/VIN. I do not want to post the exact email he sent but that is the gist of it. He did say there are Q3 timelines for "Cosmos Silver Exterior, 20” Aero Lite Wheels, and Mojave PurLuxe interior" but that we know, it is printed on the web site.

I should add, I suspect these guys know I am now publicly reporting on these issues on a new blog about Lucid... So maybe they are being super careful to not scare investors.
That is because you just confirmed your order a couple of weeks ago. They don’t really have any cars in front of you that aren’t Grey, so you should hit the July delivery window. I can’t believe that they would still be learning to paint Grey by then.

BTW… I think I was told I would have “specific guidance in the coming weeks/months about my delivery /VIN” back in November when my DA first contacted me LOL.

Back