Are we getting our cars

I am not as hung up for the software to be perfect, no software is. That being said, any car Company that can only produce three colors does not have long-term viability. It might have been OK in the 1930's, but not now.

Their communication with respect to grey has been abysmal. The fact that they gave everyone the same timeframe, 2-4 months, was a mistake. They assumed they could perform on all the colors they offered and they failed, miserably. At the same time, they said that color choice would not matter with respect to timing and they said that order date was what would determine delivery. They screwed up in that respect and let it fester much too long, not really giving people the reason until just a week or two ago. On top of that, they let us, the customer, do the sleuthing to try and figure all of this out, not just that there was a delay with respect to silver and grey, but the reasoning behind it.

No amount of Lucid fandom can change the fact that this was a major communication screw-up. Heck, even Lucid recognizes this. The real question is, what can and are they going to do about it?

No. I’m not looking to cancel and lose my deposit. I’m just saying the service detail (which the current owners rave about) will have to bend over backwards to correct anything that is not perfect. I am usually easy going and my wife is the picky one, but I will be a VERY vocal customer and a very squeaky wheel if my now higher expectations are not met. It’s the lack of communication which has upset me. I am looking for some gesture of goodwill by Lucid for the delay and lack of communication about it.

Service is fantastic, but you also have to be realistic - no car you get nowadays will have zero fit and finish issues, though Lucid seems to have fewer of them than most.

In either case: please be nice about it; service is great and tries extremely hard. I can’t say enough good things about them, at least in Millbrae.

That is because you just confirmed your order a couple of weeks ago. They don’t really have any cars in front of you that aren’t Grey, so you should hit the July delivery window. I can’t believe that they would still be learning to paint Grey by then.

BTW… I think I was told I would have “specific guidance in the coming weeks/months about my delivery /VIN” back in November when my DA first contacted me LOL.
Yea, but I specifically asked about the delays in general with grey. But I guess he made it specific to me to avoid the issue... Good point.

Service is fantastic, but you also have to be realistic - no car you get nowadays will have zero fit and finish issues, though Lucid seems to have fewer of them than most.

In either case: please be nice about it; service is great and tries extremely hard. I can’t say enough good things about them, at least in Millbrae.
I do wonder if the service will start to lag as more and more cars get out there...

I am not as hung up for the software to be perfect, no software is. That being said, any car Company that can only produce three colors does not have long-term viability. It might have been OK in the 1930's, but not now.

Their communication with respect to grey has been abysmal. The fact that they gave everyone the same timeframe, 2-4 months, was a mistake. They assumed they could perform on all the colors they offered and they failed, miserably. At the same time, they said that color choice would not matter with respect to timing and they said that order date was what would determine delivery. They screwed up in that respect and let it fester much too long, not really giving people the reason until just a week or two ago. On top of that, they let us, the customer, do the sleuthing to try and figure all of this out, not just that there was a delay with respect to silver and grey, but the reasoning behind it.

No amount of Lucid fandom can change the fact that this was a major communication screw-up. Heck, even Lucid recognizes this. The real question is, what can and are they going to do about it?

I agree on the communication front; their pre-purchase comms need help, and a lot of it. Has nothing to do with being a fan of Lucid, and everything to do with having run businesses before.

They’ve been shipping cars for about 4-5 months. At present, they are shipping three colors. That doesn’t mean that long-term they won’t be shipping 15; it takes time to build up the process, and especially in times such as these.

I understand the impatience, but not the drama; I’d rather receive a car that is done right, and support a company that I think is producing fantastic vehicles long-term, than angle for getting a car next week. If you need a car next week, you’d have to look elsewhere (and it will be tough to find, at least in an EV, in the present climate).

I do wonder if the service will start to lag as more and more cars get out there...

No idea, but it’s definitely a possibility. I can only speak to the present experience and remain hopeful; I do know Millbrae runs a tight ship! How that looks a year from now is anybody’s guess. :)

I expect to get a car that is "done right" after all the time they have kept telling me "hopefully soon", but I guess "done right" only applies to the hardware, fair enough. I wonder if that is what Peter Rawlinson was really referring to over a year ago when they announced the first delay to "get the car right", to use his own words.

I do not need a car this week, next month or even the month after that the way Lucid is going. I do not need an EV. Had they told me 2-7 months up front instead of 2-4, I might have hedged my bets at that time and placed a couple of orders on other cars. As it is I trusted their 2-4 month timeframe, silly me. I really should not have trusted them when they told me a month ago that there was no issue with grey even when I asked them point blank.

I told a guy I know at Lucid that they can spray my car with grey and I don't care about if it looks harmonized - I just don't want black, red or white because it will get too dirty where I live. I doubt he will take me seriously, but I am serious...

I'm in the same boat, or worse, as I'm awaiting Silver to be figured out. I have no issue waiting for the car the way I wanted it to be spec'd out. I'm hoping during that time, more updates and improvements to the software will have taken place and less fit and finish issues will arise as they have more time to figure out the kinks. I may not get my car until Oct at this point. I just hope there are no additional delays that come up because of supply chain issues like lack of wire harnesses or something like that. I'm just a little ticked because those interests rates are climbing. I'm still waiting on another car I've ordered for over a year, and this from an established brand. Its not even an exotic. The other vehicle that I'm considering to order is also at least a year out as well. Its all part of waiting for what I want. Is it frustrating? Sure, but not a deal breaker for me (at least not yet).

If Lucid is trying to be a premier brand, I think the communication just has to improve. At least the DAs seem to be better at disseminating information from their company memos and that the information is consistent ( based on the posts on the forum). That is a huge step, for the company. It could help if the DAs reached out occasionally for damage control purposes instead of radio silence until the VIN is assigned or payment is due.

Back