Are these charging speeds real?

I rarely do DC charging. Can you explain 'balanced charger' vs standalone. thanks
A balanced charger shares the power between two chargers. Lets say it is a 350 kW balanced charger, then the maximum output to two cars is limited to 350 kW. One car could be getting 150kW and the other 200 kW. If both cars are requesting more than 175kW, both will only get 175 kW. At moderate or high SOC, the charge rate has to slow down. Hence, the 350kW limit is often never hit. Balanced chargers are a great way for the site to share power across multiple chargers.

A balanced charger shares the power between two chargers. Lets say it is a 350 kW balanced charger, then the maximum output to two cars is limited to 350 kW. One car could be getting 150kW and the other 200 kW. If both cars are requesting more than 175kW, both will only get 175 kW. At moderate or high SOC, the charge rate has to slow down. Hence, the 350kW limit is often never hit. Balanced chargers are a great way for the site to share power across multiple chargers.
Thanks for the explanation. So how do I know if I’m on a balanced charger? This isn’t where there are 2 plugs on a single charger is it? I thought one was just a backup in that instance.

Thanks for the explanation. So how do I know if I’m on a balanced charger? This isn’t where there are 2 plugs on a single charger is it? I thought one was just a backup in that instance.
Sometimes it is. They will say “Balanced” on them. Here are the labels for EA, for example, though EVGo and others also have some balanced stations.

1696611443728.png

Back