• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

April 2022 Production 300 Lucid EVs confirmed

Tesla2.0

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
F0ZQ8SWA

Q4 2020 - 131 units
Q1 2021 - 360 units
Q2 April ONLY - 300 units

Guys! Be positive! Assembly quality control is high in 3~4 rounds unlike Tesla assembly line. Later Pure trim will churn much quicker with less installment tasks.

700 produced in Q1, 360 delivered, 300 was in process of delivery. I count 360 as commited transaction. Anyway, they are definitely ramping up. There are 30,000 reservations without even counting Saudi’s initial 50,000 & 50,000 option. It takes time for a young company to scale.

Tesla almost went bankrupt in 2017 trying to scale too fast in Model-3 production. I personally believe Peter Rawlinson’s strategic planning. But many wolf skin Wall Street just want blood and anxious customers in line just gets easily swayed and lose faith.

700 produced in Q1, 360 delivered, 300 was in process of delivery. I count 360 as commited transaction. Anyway, they are definitely ramping up. There are 30,000 reservations without even counting Saudi’s initial 50,000 & 50,000 option. It takes time for a young company to scale.

Tesla almost went bankrupt in 2017 trying to scale too fast in Model-3 production. I personally believe Peter Rawlinson’s strategic planning. But many wolf skin Wall Street just want blood and anxious customers in line just gets easily swayed and lose faith.
Don't get me wrong, I bought the stock, then ordered the car (hope to get the GT in a month). I do expect them to succeed.

That is the question... I personally estimate total delivered from day one through June 30, 2022 to be between 1,560 and 1,860 - but I hope I am wrong.
That may be optimistic. The May numbers are going to be pretty low. With a total of 800 through April, they may have to produce 500-800 cars in the month of June to reach your anemic estimates. And remember, they will have to produce ~10k in the second half of the year just to meet the lower end of the numbers they already revised downward by 40%.

That may be optimistic. The May numbers are going to be pretty low. With a total of 800 through April, they may have to produce 500-800 cars in the month of June to reach your anemic estimates. And remember, they will have to produce ~10k in the second half of the year just to meet the lower end of the numbers they already revised downward by 40%.
Yes, but the lower trims are a lot faster to churn out. The company is in process of defining itself as luxury brand. That mandates higher iterations of QC.

1ABBA9C8-3F15-44F0-B91B-F238A476CEE5.jpeg

Hermès Birkin bag is on 6 years wait list. Unless you want to buy someone’s order at 50%+ mark up. That is what happening to Mercedes Benz EQS 450+ and AMG.

That’s all I can tell you, in this tough environment, I don’t even think they make $$$ with AGT. They need alot of Pure delivery to break even and start make $$$.

Yes, but the lower trims are a lot faster to churn out. The company is in process of defining itself as luxury brand. That mandates higher iterations of QC.
I agree there is a lot of QC. The current problems are reportable QC driven and not supply chain. I’m just saying that the numbers are not looking good if investors are planning for 12-14k units to be produced this year. Every day puts Lucid further behind.

When I saw the numbers being produced back in Feb, I thought to myself that the total number of cars they would make in 2023 would be closer to 7500. I was thinking 600 cars/month as an average, with Oct-Dec being higher and Jan-Mar being lower. I still haven't seen anything that makes me think they will break past 7k cars by years end. Essentially it is currently a near-bespoke car, they haven't solved the true assembly line issues that would allow them to churn out cars at 300-400/week. Supply issues do not seem to be getting solved anytime soon, and labor issues still abound all thoughout the USA. It still seems to be around 100 cars/week on average, maybe it will hit 150/wk by years end. Silver lining is that our cars (when we get them for those in the same boat as me) will still be fairly rare and special.

I agree there is a lot of QC. The current problems are reportable QC driven and not supply chain. I’m just saying that the numbers are not looking good if investors are planning for 12-14k units to be produced this year. Every day puts Lucid further behind.
Which is why Lucid is very very very fortunate to have deep pocket Saudi behind their Prince in believing their nation needs to revamp their economy to green sustainable industry for paradigm change. Saudi owns 61% of this company and will render billions of supply chain upstream for many businesses and small factories to complement AMP-2 manufacturing plant.

Elon Musk absolutely hates it!!!! He courted Saudi to help him buy out Tesla to make it in to private company back in 2018 for $420/share. Pretty much like what he is doing to Twitter. Elon has faith in his execution. But guess what?! Saudi didn’t give Elon to his satisfaction but instead venture into Peter Rawlinson’s higher battery tech. Now Lucid becomes Tesla’s thorn. You don’t hear Elon talk much about Lucid, why? he doesn’t want need to give that brand any publicity or satisfaction and he absolutely quietly respect Lucid, else Tesla wouldn’t even dissect and benchmark Lucid Air DE in the latest Austin Tesla Gigafactory.

Rivian is pretty much backstabbed by their investors Ford and Amazon. Lucid is just very very very fortunate to have a backer like Saudi can withstand years of not making $ in this adverse post Covid global supply chain environment.

Last edited:
Did you know that Lucid AIR’s former self was Atieva Edna, a silly heavy weight van has absolutely worst drag coefficient to complete with Ferrari and Tesla Midel S and beat them? Thus Lucid Motors is born from Peter’s Rawlinson’s team.

Oops:
“Atieva is working to ready its all-electric platform to bring the sedan to market as soon as 2018. Two luxury crossovers are planned to follow in the lineup in 2020 and 2021.”

Back