Anything missing from this ‘all inclusive’ list?

"From the Edmunds experts" That one had me rolling.

I looked at the current Lucid website, and I'm no longer seeing free charging. If I go to "Design your Lucid" my recollection is that it showed up underneath where User Experience is listed. If I look at new inventory, I'm not seeing it either.

Since it's not a listed feature, I wouldn't expect it to show up on the order agreement, and if it's included I can't see why they wouldn't list it.

There are a few complications with offering free EA charging when EA doesn't have the best reputation, and telling prospective buyers that they will be getting an adapter for NACS, implying that they will have choices. I don't know what Lucid has in mind, or how many people would have decided not to buy the car had it not come with free charging. There might be some, but if you look at the total cost to Lucid for supplying charging, and divide it by the margin from selling a car, you'd be able to figure out how many sales they could afford to lose. At this point, I have no idea whether offering free charging benefits Lucid, but they never made it front and center with respect to marketing.

Lucid tends to get ignored in MANY rankings/lists, not just this one. Things like cars with carplay, etc.

I looked at the current Lucid website, and I'm no longer seeing free charging. If I go to "Design your Lucid" my recollection is that it showed up underneath where User Experience is listed. If I look at new inventory, I'm not seeing it either.

Since it's not a listed feature, I wouldn't expect it to show up on the order agreement, and if it's included I can't see why they wouldn't list it.

There are a few complications with offering free EA charging when EA doesn't have the best reputation, and telling prospective buyers that they will be getting an adapter for NACS, implying that they will have choices. I don't know what Lucid has in mind, or how many people would have decided not to buy the car had it not come with free charging. There might be some, but if you look at the total cost to Lucid for supplying charging, and divide it by the margin from selling a car, you'd be able to figure out how many sales they could afford to lose. At this point, I have no idea whether offering free charging benefits Lucid, but they never made it front and center with respect to marketing.

Lucid was also only offering 1 year for Pure/Touring and 2 years for GT... below other "luxury" competitors. I don't think it was a huge selling point for Lucid recently in any case. If someone wants to buy a Lucid/Rivian/Tesla, they actively choose to do so. I don't think they have the same problems like VW, Kia, Hyundai, MB, BMW, etc...where people are just cross-shopping for the fattest discount and cheapest lease payment.

My rep said it ended last month. He said EA, while improving, was difficult to work with, and Lucid got many complaints about the service, so they dropped it. My guess is it got too expensive for a crappy service.

I thought I heard that Lucid is going to end partnership with EA.. Did I hear that right or just may be in my dreams...
I mean I am enjoying my 3 year free EA but do charge mostly at home..

I thought I heard that Lucid is going to end partnership with EA.. Did I hear that right or just may be in my dreams...
I mean I am enjoying my 3 year free EA but do charge mostly at home..
they already did...November 30th was the last day for free EA

"From the Edmunds experts" That one had me rolling.
I dare to say this but it also says "most long-range EVs.." don't mention Lucid on there.. Shame on Edmunds :)

I was told that Lucid was ending the agreement with EA, not because of cost, but because of the poor customer experience and EA's inability to fix their reliability issues.

Lucid was also only offering 1 year for Pure/Touring and 2 years for GT... below other "luxury" competitors. I don't think it was a huge selling point for Lucid recently in any case. If someone wants to buy a Lucid/Rivian/Tesla, they actively choose to do so. I don't think they have the same problems like VW, Kia, Hyundai, MB, BMW, etc...where people are just cross-shopping for the fattest discount and cheapest lease payment.
That depends on when you place your order. I ordered early and have 3 years on my Pure.

If the incentive is over, that's actually a good thing. Even though I personally have had good luck with EA, there were enough complaints here that it was clearly not good for Lucid's brand to be associated with them. Not to mention, incentivizing people to use fast charging instead of home charging is not a good idea, given it often clogs chargers needed for road trippers.

If they want to offer an incentive that's charging-related, a steep discount on a Lucid brand home charger would make a lot more sense.

Also, with NACS coming in new cars starting in about a year, they would have wanted to sever ties with EA soon, anyway. Who knows if EA will even update their network with NACS plugs, and when?

Glad Lucid went this way.

If they want to offer an incentive that's charging-related, a steep discount on a Lucid brand home charger would make a lot more sense.
They started a $300 discount on the Lucid Home Charger...which lol is definitely not enough, but yea, i think ive seen GM and a few other offer a credit towards free home charging installation. I actually got like a $2000 installation credit from my $250/month Bolt that I had. It would be cool if they offered something similar when V2H becomes available. Some credit towards that installation

They started a $300 discount on the Lucid Home Charger...which lol is definitely not enough, but yea, i think ive seen GM and a few other offer a credit towards free home charging installation. I actually got like a $2000 installation credit from my $250/month Bolt that I had. It would be cool if they offered something similar when V2H becomes available. Some credit towards that installation
Hyundai, presently, gives you a free charger and install if you purchase a new EV, for example.

I suspect that's where the industry is generally headed, although keep in mind that local and federal incentives can cover a huge chunk of that too.

I'm about to, literally, get paid ~$300 to replace my gas water heater with a heat pump water heater and water heater booster. ~$9k job, with $9200 in credits / rebates.

Check out your local incentives, folks.

I'm about to, literally, get paid ~$300 to replace my gas water heater with a heat pump water heater and water heater booster. ~$9k job, with $9200 in credits / rebates.

Check out your local incentives, folks.
you're in Cupertino...so i'm guessing that's a PGE incentive?? I should look into that 😂

you're in Cupertino...so i'm guessing that's a PGE incentive?? I should look into that 😂
  1. BayREN - $400
  2. Federal Tax Credit - up to $2000 (credit, not deduction, so you need to owe tax)
  3. Golden State Rebates - $900 (if you purchase the unit yourself from Home Depot/Lowes; my installer lowered the price of the unit instead, so I didn't have to deal with the rebate and he didn't have to deal with a big box store)
  4. Silicon Valley Clean Energy - $2000 (or $3000 for low-income)
  5. TECH Clean California - $3800 (or $4885 for low-income)
Added up, that's $8,200 on the low end. On the high end, that's $11,185.

And that's just for a heat pump water heater, replacing a gas water heater, with a >55gal tank. There are yet more incentives for things like panel upgrades and so on, which I didn't need.

Back