Any one seen this frunk issue before?

This warning happened after I tried to open the Frunk after about 4” of snow…..It strained to open, wouldn’t open, seemed to close but the warning and annoying beeps begin. Since our trip into Santa Fe for groceries wasn’t time sensitive and the temperature was getting above freezing we waited for the layer of ice under the snow to melt, and the frunk opened/closed without the warning. Was it the weight of the thin layer of Ice or the temperature? We also noticed that the “soft close“ for the doors did not work after the snow and resumed working after the temperature was above freezing.
Mine was forced closed hood by car washer causing latch alignment issue. I think your latch or hydraulic might be sensitive to weight of snow or contraction of freezing temperature. Im glad that annoying warning went away for you. If it persists, let Service Center know. They troubleshoot mine and give back my car quickly.

This warning happened after I tried to open the Frunk after about 4” of snow…..It strained to open, wouldn’t open, seemed to close but the warning and annoying beeps begin. Since our trip into Santa Fe for groceries wasn’t time sensitive and the temperature was getting above freezing we waited for the layer of ice under the snow to melt, and the frunk opened/closed without the warning. Was it the weight of the thin layer of Ice or the temperature? We also noticed that the “soft close“ for the doors did not work after the snow and resumed working after the temperature was above freezing.
Same thing happened with me, I was in Ohio and it was 20° fahrenheit. I open the frunk after some shopping and then it struggled to open, I would see the hinges move but it would not open. I waited for a while and try it again, tried to give it a little boost with my hands and then it eventually did open. But after that the front started giving me issues on clothes. I followed the advice in this thread and I put my hand on top of the latch that I thought was giving me the problem, and a locked perfectly and now I can open and close it without any issues, but I've also done a software update since then and I feel like the update may have actually fixed it

I also had the soft close fail on me rear right door, and it was cold outside. But was working fine earlier today

One more note, I left the car all night, hoping for a reboot, opened the car back up to drive earlier this morning and dash was still stuck with a error message from the night before.
I feel that the reboot or reset options aren't very consistent or reliable. Did the blinker reset too. Nothing

Eventually I was driving and it fixed itself after 15 minutes in. Very odd.

Had that issue with mine when they replaced the headlight. It was closed but not latching correctly. Took mobile about an hour to realign the latch. You can try pressing the hood down as you close it, that made mine go away until it was fixed.
Our 2023 Lucid is now at service to have the Frunk latches re-alligned, The Frunk lid would not close completely on both sides and the car would issue a Frunk Open warning along with a shift to Turtle Mode. The easy, temporary fix was to push the lid down on the slightly open side until it clicked closed. The latch realignment is supposed to make this extra push unnecessary.

Our 2023 Lucid is now at service to have the Frunk latches re-alligned, The Frunk lid would not close completely on both sides and the car would issue a Frunk Open warning along with a shift to Turtle Mode. The easy, temporary fix was to push the lid down on the slightly open side until it clicked closed. The latch realignment is supposed to make this extra push unnecessary.

Yes, I suppose this record summer temperature may cause more latch misalignment due to heat expansion.

Service completely redid my latches with a new piece. Issue never came back. More than happy with the service.

Back