Any NorCal owners been "up" to Skyline?

Bbq9

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air GT
I drive Page Mill Road ... a LOT.
wondering how the car does with some of the hairpins (84 / 92 doesn't quite the same intensity of hairpin - and I haven't been up 9 in forever but I think it has some great hairpins too)

and
what type of regen (%SOC / Kwh type thing) did you see on the way from top back down to the flats?

I drive Page Mill Road ... a LOT.
wondering how the car does with some of the hairpins (84 / 92 doesn't quite the same intensity of hairpin - and I haven't been up 9 in forever but I think it has some great hairpins too)

and
what type of regen (%SOC / Kwh type thing) did you see on the way from top back down to the flats?

I drive that a lot. It handles the curves better than any car I’ve ever driven. Honestly I think I’ve gotten *too* comfortable because it’s just so much damn fun to throw this thing into curves.

Haven’t looked at the regen.

I drive that a lot. It handles the curves better than any car I’ve ever driven. Honestly I think I’ve gotten *too* comfortable because it’s just so much damn fun to throw this thing into curves.

Haven’t looked at the regen.
Excellent to hear.

my wife LOVES her car on the hill — and we live with the Tyres every 8-10k miles :)
while I expect to eat Tyres on the hill it would be great if I could keep up

Excellent to hear.

my wife LOVES her car on the hill — and we live with the Tyres every 8-10k miles :)
while I expect to eat Tyres on the hill it would be great if I could keep up

I’m 3k miles in so we’ll see haha

Careful when going past Alice's right now! The Sheriff's have even been going after people with no front plates, so be as docile as you can around there so they don't have a reason :p

I've driven past Alice's many many times and Skyline from Highway 9 up to 92. With all the crotch rockets and speeding sports cars I would think the Sheriffs have plenty to keep them busy. My Porsches did not have a front license plates and I never had any problem (except one time many years ago when I got a "fix-it" ticket for no front plate while the car was parked in a lot in Santa Barbara!!

Careful when going past Alice's right now! The Sheriff's have even been going after people with no front plates, so be as docile as you can around there so they don't have a reason :p
for sure
of course the fam want to stop at alices :)

I was more interested in the drive on the way up / down from skyline.
Skyline itself is nice - though the sun can be pesky at times

for sure

If I get a fix it I’m definitely going to do the license plate wrap rather than a real front plate, and if it happens to disappear because someone stole it after the fix it ticket is fixed, oops.

If I get a fix it I’m definitely going to do the license plate wrap rather than a real front plate, and if it happens to disappear because someone stole it after the fix it ticket is fixed, oops.
i intend to use the license plate wrap too - slightly more but way better looking

for sure

One of my favorite rides on my Harley used to be up highway 9 from Saratoga to Skyline then north to 84 then west out to highway 1 and north to 92 east and back south on Skyline. It had everything - great twisty roads, fantastic ocean views, and a stop at Four Corners for a beer.

Last edited:
I have my wrap sitting in the frunk...

I have my wrap sitting in the frunk...
Ooh, I hadn't thought about ordering it ahead of time - that's a good idea! I'll order it now and just keep it around in case.

Ooh, I hadn't thought about ordering it ahead of time - that's a good idea! I'll order it now and just keep it around in case.
The other crappy thing is the CA HOV stickers are an ugly yellow. Ruins the car...but carpool is so good

The other crappy thing is the CA HOV stickers are an ugly yellow. Ruins the car...but carpool is so good
Yeah... I recently put mine on and they're ugly af, haha. But carpool is worth it.

Yeah. I’m wondering if I will apply for them. It is not like you get carpool forever, just something like 3 years. The ones on our Leaf are no longer valid since this past 1/1.

Yeah. I’m wondering if I will apply for them. It is not like you get carpool forever, just something like 3 years. The ones on our Leaf are no longer valid since this past 1/1.
5 years with new ones

I'm not going to bother, but I live in the sticks with no HOV lanes anywhere near here. The few times I venture towards the big cities, I'm rarely alone.

Back