Any Minnesota-based owners (or owners to be)?

Minnesota Mike

Verified Owner
Cars
GT/Grey/Tahoe/19
I am especially curious about delivery experiences given the distance to the closest service center in Chicago. Anyone decide to have the car delivered to your home?

I am especially curious about delivery experiences given the distance to the closest service center in Chicago. Anyone decide to have the car delivered to your home?
Yes, here in Twin Cities...sent you DM

I got my GT a month ago & am in St. Paul. On vacation now, abd looking forward to getting back to the 2 new updates.

Hey, I am also in Edina! Had my car since May. Delivery was a good experience, and remote service has been good so far (albeit I haven't really needed it).

Hey, I am also in Edina! Had my car since May. Delivery was a good experience, and remote service has been good so far (albeit I haven't really needed it).
Lots of looks as you drive around these parts…right?

Haha yeah, most people have no idea what it is. Starting to see a couple Rivians around as well. Maybe we need a TC meet-up sometime before the snow?

I have a GT ordered (late March confirmation), but no delivery timeline yet. I'm in Rochester.

We drove from Houston to Dallas when it was 26 degrees out and the range was cut in half. Let us know what happens to your range this winter.

Hello fellow lucid owners/lovers, I ordered Lucid Air Pure last Sep and I am sure I am not going to get it until next year. Any owners close to Maple grove that I can check out the car in the interim. I would greatly appreciate it.

Hey folks. We have a gray AGT in Minnetonka. Took delivery Sept 27th and drove it home from Chicago. Loving it.

Brit, I may end up doing this as well. Did you have any issue utilizing EA for your trip? Side note: sux that they do not have nor any planned EA chargers on the West side

Brit, I may end up doing this as well. Did you have any issue utilizing EA for your trip? Side note: sux that they do not have nor any planned EA chargers on the West side
None at all. Only had to charge once for 10 minutes in Tomah, and it worked flawlessly. The map did indicate an EA charger on the west side of the twin cities, but I didn’t need to use it.

Hey folks. We have a gray AGT in Minnetonka. Took delivery Sept 27th and drove it home from Chicago. Loving it.
Congrats! You are in a semi-rare air, as I got my Grey / Mojave in August. They did a delivery to me in Saint Paul (not sure if deliveries are over now?) and I’ve been loving it. Did a 3400 mile road trip last month and had no problems with EA chargers, but really have no need for them in town with home charging a much more convenient option (& healthier for the battery).

By my count, there are about half a dozen of us now in the TC but I haven’t had any sightings here yet - what interior did you choose? Assuming the 19” wheels? I’m on another thread here about winter tire options, btw.

Congrats! You are in a semi-rare air, as I got my Grey / Mojave in August. They did a delivery to me in Saint Paul (not sure if deliveries are over now?) and I’ve been loving it. Did a 3400 mile road trip last month and had no problems with EA chargers, but really have no need for them in town with home charging a much more convenient option (& healthier for the battery).

By my count, there are about half a dozen of us now in the TC but I haven’t had any sightings here yet - what interior did you choose? Assuming the 19” wheels? I’m on another thread here about winter tire options, btw.

Thank you for the welcome TCGT!

I have a Quantum Grey GT with Santa Cruz interior and 21in wheels. I know, not the perfect car for the MN winters, but I plan to garage it as soon as the snow flies. I am not new to EVs (owned several Model Ss since 2013), neither am I new to early adopting! I may get the 19s with winter tires and a set of rubber floor mats, and take it out on the cleaner & drier days, we'll see. FWIW, I recommend Midwest Clear Bra for paint protection. I went with PPF on the front and all 4 doors, and then ceramic. I have used them for all my cars in the past, and they have done four Airs now, so they know the car well.

Anyone have a plan to start a MN Owners Group? Would be fun to meet up. I was involved in the MN Tesla group back in 2013-2014. It began with a FB group, and then we had regular gatherings at various establishments around town. One time we had a corral at a "Cars and Coffee" event in Eden Prairie. In those days, EVs were very scarce, and there were only a couple of hundred Teslas in the the entire state; mostly Model Ss.

To answer your delivery question...
Yes, they will still deliver to MN. I decided to travel to Chicago to look at the car before paying for it, then decided to cancel my return ticket and drive it home!

A question for you....
Have you had a mobile service yet? How was it? I have a few minor things I need to have addressed, and would like to schedule a service when they are next in town.

Thank you for the welcome TCGT!

I have a Quantum Grey GT with Santa Cruz interior and 21in wheels. I know, not the perfect car for the MN winters, but I plan to garage it as soon as the snow flies. I am not new to EVs (owned several Model Ss since 2013), neither am I new to early adopting! I may get the 19s with winter tires and a set of rubber floor mats, and take it out on the cleaner & drier days, we'll see. FWIW, I recommend Midwest Clear Bra for paint protection. I went with PPF on the front and all 4 doors, and then ceramic. I have used them for all my cars in the past, and they have done four Airs now, so they know the car well.

Anyone have a plan to start a MN Owners Group? Would be fun to meet up. I was involved in the MN Tesla group back in 2013-2014. It began with a FB group, and then we had regular gatherings at various establishments around town. One time we had a corral at a "Cars and Coffee" event in Eden Prairie. In those days, EVs were very scarce, and there were only a couple of hundred Teslas in the the entire state; mostly Model Ss.

To answer your delivery question...
Yes, they will still deliver to MN. I decided to travel to Chicago to look at the car before paying for it, then decided to cancel my return ticket and drive it home!

A question for you....
Have you had a mobile service yet? How was it? I have a few minor things I need to have addressed, and would like to schedule a service when they are next in town.
Nice choice! I actually had that configuration myself (original order was 2/15), and then got spooked hearing about the carpeting - is a gorgeous look, and given your ability to garage it during the winter I'm sure will hold up better. You are definitely an early adopter, and put me back of the line. Traded out of a M3 from 2020, which I thought was great at the time, but the difference in ride and luxury is not even close.

Appreciate the recommendation for the Midwest Clear Bra. I tend to wear things harshly, but I've never done the protection thing on my cars before. Now regret I have a couple of dings from my road trip. Will PM you for details on who to talk to there.

I almost had a service call due to a frozen GPS / NAV which is a bug from the recent updates (prior to 2.020), and has to do with the Telematics Control Unit. Was not a big problem for me, but no particularly pleased that it took them awhile to get me on the schedule (over 2 weeks). The last update solved the issue right before they were to come, and texting the CS guy has been easy. Thankfully, nothing else has come up that I've needed service. You may have seen the posts from @Minnesota Mike about a very unfortunate experience he had with his car. I did ask about getting the Pirelli Sotozero 3 19" winter tires installed but the Chicago rep said their mobile tire van is not operational yet, so looking into the Tire Rack options; considering the Vredestein's Performance Winter / Snow tires as a good alternative (Lucid has a proprietary claim on the Pirelli model).

Never been part of a car group that would have me as a member, but maybe we could shock and awe the TC on a bright snowy day this winter!

In my experience Midwest Clear Bra is good (did several of my cars) but is priced 20-30% higher than other providers of same offerings. If looking for coatings the only place in MN to go is RM Auto Spa. Small shop. Only Modesta shop in MN. Worth the premium. Getting my full body Xpel PPF and tint done for $5000. MWCB was $9000.

Also just got my car back after three weeks in chicago for a lot of issues (see below). Came back with Lucid winter wheels and tires (19s)....but now the bass in the audio doesn't work...
1667501656402.png

In my experience Midwest Clear Bra is good (did several of my cars) but is priced 20-30% higher than other providers of same offerings. If looking for coatings the only place in MN to go is RM Auto Spa. Small shop. Only Modesta shop in MN. Worth the premium. Getting my full body Xpel PPF and tint done for $5000. MWCB was $9000.
That's weird, they quoted me $6500 for the complete car. More than you are paying still, but not outrageously more.

Back