Another positive EA experience

Good to know. Thank you. My partner and I will be stopping in Vegas for dinner and a long-ish charge in late July, en route to Green River UT and then Denver CO.
The EA station in Edwards,CO, is very good, fast, good shape. Before Vail. Attached to a Wendy's.

The bad and the ugly. Notice I didn't mention good. Plugshare rates the charge station on Cheyenne a "1". That is out of 10. Maximum charge is 50kW; 2 of the charge stations are missing cables (hoses). Plugshare rates the charge station at Sam's Club on E. Craig a "10" so I go there to charge today. Charger 3 has one hose inoperative. Other hose works. I connect and get a whopping 122kW but it keeps disconnecting. Charger 4 also has one hose inoperative. I get 62kW until 70%SOC when it drops to under 40kW. Ambient was 102 so I'm sure that factored into the mix.

Premium Outlet mall. All rated at 350 (none of them will do that of course) but I've always had a positive experience at this location

And remember ... ALWAYS precondition for fast charging/hyper charging (regardless of outside temp). 25 minutes seems significantly more effective for me than 20.

The EA station in Edwards,CO, is very good, fast, good shape. Before Vail. Attached to a Wendy's.

I believe I saw those last summer, when we were doing the same drive. We were charging at the Tesla supercharger stalls just catty corner and behind the convenience store. Thank you for the reminder!

I believe I saw those last summer, when we were doing the same drive. We were charging at the Tesla supercharger stalls just catty corner and behind the convenience store. Thank you for the reminder!
OMG, I am just left there at 8pm, my first commercial charge in my three day old car. worked flawlessly. Several 150 and 350. All worked, plus lawn furniture and large grassy area for dogs. A bunch of CA cars at the EA and Tesla sides, all said they come here on purpose. And when I got the receipt, I learned a client owns it or the property.

Another good charging experience today:

• Plugged in, and authorized without issue
  • Start SOC 55% --> 120 kW requested and provided to the vehicle
  • No bounce at all thru the charging session
  • @ SOC 75% --> 84 kW
  • Ending SOC 80% --> 55 kW
  • Total charge time 18 minutes
  • Total kWh 29+
Preconditioned for 20 minutes
Outside temp 96 degrees at the time (10am)

2 Stations were inoperable out of 6, all hypercharging stations.
No wait

EA this morning. Nobody here but me! 170+ on a 150 with no precondition (80+ degrees here).
IMG_4540.jpeg
IMG_4539.jpeg

Not sure if this reply belongs here or the sub ranting on EA.

My last several charges at EA have been wonderful, from a charging standpoint. Today, I was pulling 140kW at 55% SOC (I have a Touring) and was still pulling 75kW at SOC 80% when my session ended. I continue to pre-condition, although today it couldn't have been for more than 15 minutes max.

However, on each of my last 3 charges, which have all been very good from a charging standpoint, some setting was modified immediately after the charging session and in each case I was not aware of the change. They were as follows:
  1. My setting to "Hold" was disabled, unbeknownst to me. I was at a stop when the car started rolling due to gravity, which was very unsettling as I've had "Hold" selected since day 1. I had no idea what was going on, as I almost rolled into my Community gate waiting for it to open.
  2. The next EA charge, it re-enabled Lane Change detection without me knowing. I was on the highway as I needed to hug one side of my lane to avoid getting hit by a semi-trailer who was over shared lane divider. This freaked me out because I had no idea why the car was "pushing back" when trying to steer. When I got off the highway, I checked the cockpit and sure enough the "Lane Change" disabled light was no longer on.
  3. Today, the car wasn't slowing down fast enough and I had to hit the brake on 3 occasions. Sure enough, it switched Regen from High (what I always use) to Normal. So, I re-enabled it.

So something is going on during the management plane handshake at charge time. I haven't ever had these issues but I've had them the last 3 times at EA. I don't have them when charging at home.

We went to the EA chargers nearest to my home last night. As we drove up the hill and saw all the chargers open, we were happy only to realize as we drove by them that the reason no one was there was because they were all offline. However, they seem to be new, the hoses are still wrapped in plastic. There were three 150kw there and they were always super reliable. If they're being upgraded to 350kw, that'll be great.

IMG_8806.jpeg

You guys are lucky. This was best I have ever gotten from EA in the Katy Mills Mall area😞

Many of the EA stations in the Las Vegas area have gone downhill in the past 3 months. However, this location always seems to deliver.

This morning, I preconditioned for about 15 minutes and started at SOC 39% and immediately hit 190 kW sustained, with one or two kW steady decline (no Signet Surge).

I was still pulling 77 kW at SOC 80%.

Anyone coming to the Las Vegas Lucid Meetup, on Oct 7th, might want to be aware of this station to charge. It has 6 stations and does get busy but is worth the wait in my opinion. If you want to join the meeting, please let me know as I'm tracking the attendance. All of the Mods are joining as well.

LV Meetup: https://lucidowners.com/threads/planning-first-las-vegas-meetup.6107/post-153968

Attachments

• PXL_20230826_142149339.jpg
    PXL_20230826_142149339.jpg
    1,010 KB · Views: 37
On a 150 charger today. Cabazon outlets. Was 99 out so pretty good!

20230831_105547.jpg

I’ve been road tripping across the country (from RI to CA). While most of my Lucid’s electron thirst has been met by destination chargers at hotels (which is the way to go in my opinion), I did have to charge today and just so happened to be an EA station in Erick, OK. Showed up preconditioned at 19% SOC and pulled over 300 kW briefly. I did grab a shot at 287 kW. It was 92 deg. out.

The few other EA “experiences” have been blunders with chargers providing sub 70 kW speeds and necessitating visits to EVGo or other networks.

Attachments

• IMG_5108.jpeg
    IMG_5108.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 45
Back