Another positive EA experience

I’m not sure why they called them 150 in the first place because they are capable of 175. Maybe a marketing decision.
Probably for homogeneity in labeling charging hardware from difference vendors with similar but slightly different limitations.
In this case, the "150kW" station was limited to 200 amps output (174kW when pushing 200A into a battery charged to 875V), and may in fact only supply 80-90kW max to 400 volt cars.

Reactions: Plg
Premium outlets station 2 is giving me 74 kw at 92% right now. Really nice. Charging to 100 for the trip back, sorry local Las Vegasians!
I believe that is the only location in the LV valley that boast Hyperfast chargers. It's busy! W. Cheyenne has been vandalized so only 2 work and very slow. Flamingo has at least 1 station down. Best experience for me has been the one at Sam's Club on E. Craig - 120kW dropping to 70kW ambient temp at around 92.

In the Santa Barbara area EA charging is available in Goleta and on State St. State St always works great. We have never been successful in Goleta.

In the Santa Barbara area EA charging is available in Goleta and on State St. State St always works great. We have never been successful in Goleta.
A friend was complaining about Goleta over a year ago.

I charged this afternoon in Vista at a 150kw. It's the first time I've seen this on the screen.

Attachments

• 20230617_160434.jpg
    20230617_160434.jpg
    910.9 KB · Views: 102
After 7 months of mostly trouble free charging at nearby EA locations, the local charging stations have deteriorated. There are 12 chargers at 3 stations. At each station one charger is unavailable and has been unavailable for weeks. At my preferred location, I now get a charging error when I plug in and cannot charge. Contacted EA, rebooted, plugged in and instantly get the charging error notification. This happened at 2 of the other chargers. I couldn't try the 4th charger as it was in use. At the next location 3 out of four worked, but I got the Kw yo yo. Power consumption would vary from 37 to 123 Kw for the duration of the charge, slowing down the charge time. At the 3rd station, one charger unavailable, 3 sorta worked. Power was limited to 47 Kw, for a nice slow charge. I went back to the first station a week later and the situation was unchanged. I plugged in and got the same charging error reconnect notification. Next to me was an Audi e-tron, with an owner on the phone with EA complaining about a charging error notification. The big issue is the lack of maintenance and repair crews to keep these charges operating . I report the malfunctioning chargers to EA and am usually told that they are aware and maintenance is scheduled. They do not tell me when one can expect the chargers to be operational. The most serious issue is that the app shows all chargers as available, that adds to the frustration of the DCFC experience and needlessly wastes a lot of time.

Is there a database of EA chargers that will work with Lucid vehicles? I have struck out so many times here in Los Angeles that I have nearly given up…

Is there a database of EA chargers that will work with Lucid vehicles? I have struck out so many times here in Los Angeles that I have nearly given up…
They're all supposed to work. You can check Plugshare for user comments - can be of spotty assistance but better than nothing.

They're all supposed to work. You can check Plugshare for user comments - can be of spotty assistance but better than nothing.
Yeah but what I’m talking about is knowing which of the EA chargers are the type that interface properly with Lucid. Two out of the three they install do not charge our cars, as I understand it.

I charged this afternoon in Vista at a 150kw. It's the first time I've seen this on the screen.
200 kw? WTF? It looks like EA is really improving, seeing that this was even at a relatively "high" percentage!

Yeah but what I’m talking about is knowing which of the EA chargers are the type that interface properly with Lucid. Two out of the three they install do not charge our cars, as I understand it.
2 out of 3? What is your source for this? Unless they are out of service, that all charge our car. Some more slowly than others, but they all should work.

All CCS chargers of any brand fundamentally work with Lucid cars. Any individual one of them could be out of service.

I’ve seen a lot of negative posts about EA here on the forum, but I have been very pleased. This station is 2 miles from my house. 150kW.
View attachment 12850
I live in West Los Angeles and have been very unhappy with EA. Most of my displeasure is due to the fact that there are very few charges close by. I was a long time Tesla owner prior to getting the Licid and the Tesla charging system is the best in class. I love my new car but would say the EA network is terrrible.

Your understanding is incorrect. The EA in West LA seem to be worse than the ones further east in my experience.

That's my go-to EA station. Posted yesterday 154 kW rate at 42% SOC on Touring.

I feel fortunate having this station nearby.

Premium outlets station 2 is giving me 74 kw at 92% right now. Really nice. Charging to 100 for the trip back, sorry local Las Vegasians!

The bad and the ugly. Notice I didn't mention good. Plugshare rates the charge station on Cheyenne a "1". That is out of 10. Maximum charge is 50kW; 2 of the charge stations are missing cables (hoses). Plugshare rates the charge station at Sam's Club on E. Craig a "10" so I go there to charge today. Charger 3 has one hose inoperative. Other hose works. I connect and get a whopping 122kW but it keeps disconnecting. Charger 4 also has one hose inoperative. I get 62kW until 70%SOC when it drops to under 40kW. Ambient was 102 so I'm sure that factored into the mix.

Good to know. Thank you. My partner and I will be stopping in Vegas for dinner and a long-ish charge in late July, en route to Green River UT and then Denver CO.

Back