• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Another LCID class action lawsuit

Sandvinsd

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Grand Touring
This may make corporate be even more tight lipped on any delays happening at the factory.

This is where it is a real advantage to have the Saudi Sovereign Fund owning over 50% of the shares. These so called “activist Investors“ really have no power to disrupt the company. The Saudis have made it clear that they are interested in the long term success of Lucid, so if you bought Lucid stock for short term gain you probably bought the wrong stock.

Last edited:
This may make corporate be even more tight lipped on any delays happening at the factory.

Seems unlikely to go far- almost all companies delivering physical goods have missed or had to revise down projections at some point in the last year.

Seems unlikely to go far- almost all companies delivering physical goods have missed or had to revise down projections at some point in the last year.
It would be nice if Lucid would release production and delivery #s a day or 2 after the end of the quarter like everyone else however. I’m assuming they are going to wait until they issue the Q1 earnings report like last time… 2 months into the following quarter like last time

It would be nice if Lucid would release production and delivery #s a day or 2 after the end of the quarter like everyone else however. I’m assuming they are going to wait until they issue the Q1 earnings report like last time… 2 months into the following quarter like last time
Yea aren't projections just projections and enough to CYA for Lucid when they miss the numbers?

Yeah, they're looking for a lead plaintiff, which means at the moment it's just fishing. It would be a hard case to make, given the rest of the industry is also suffering significant delays and slowdowns.

This is where it is a real advantage to have the Saudi Sovereign Fund owning over 50% of the shares. These so called “activist Investors“ really have no power to disrupt the company. The Saudis have made it clear that they are interested in the long term success of Lucid, so if you bought Lucid stock for short term gain you probably bought the wrong stock.
62% 😊

I remember reading that shareholders suing a company they own doesn’t really make sense. The company spends money defending your lawsuit (increased operating expenses, lower shareholder profit). If you win you usually get pennies on the dollar. It’s the lawyers that make money off the shareholder and company.

This is just a waste of everyones time, just like the Netflix one. You can't sue the company because the share price took a dump and you're no longer happy you lost money. The share market is like gambling, if you only see the upside and get butt hurt when you lose then don't invest. Everyone is happy to go along for the ride and when things take a turn it's "woe is me"

You can't sue the company because the share price took a dump and you're no longer happy you lost money.

But you can. That’s the problem in my opinion.

Back