Annual Service

CLTGT

Verified Owner
Cars
73 Mustang Conv & the GT
So, a post in another thread has me thinking. As a bit of background, the member posted that he got an AGT as a loaner during his visit to the Service Center for his annual service. First, that will never happen for those of us who live an overnight trip away from the nearest Service Center. That is greatly mitigated by mobile service, or at least that was the plan.

My questions are the following: What is involved in the annual service? Can the mobile techs perform every task/check that is involved in the annual service? If not and the service must be performed at a Service Center, I assume that means we must either make a multi-day trip to a Service Center or we must pay to have our cars shipped to/from the Service Center. I really hope that is not the case and the mobile techs can do everything.

That brings up yet another concern regarding service though. As the mobile techs are already showing signs of being overworked ( at least in the southeast) and the Company appears to be having a hard time sourcing additional personnel, along with the ever-increasing universe of Lucid automobiles on the road, what does that portend with respect to access to service? I guess one can hope that hiring qualified personnel is getting easier...

Screenshot_20230123_181345_Drive.jpg

So, based on the above and the comments in the other thread that a lift will be required which is why the mobile techs cannot do this service. All Lucid owners should expect to either bring the cars to the closest Service Center or pay round-trip transportation costs to ship their vehicles to the closest Service Center.

In my case, that will add $2500-$3500 in annual ownership costs.

This is not a knock on the car. I love the car, but I really should not have believed my DA when he said they would be opening up more Service Centers and that mobile service should be adequate until then.

I actually texted customer care and asked them about having the mobile tech do the annual service. I asked them, "Question - Can the mobile techs perform the required annual service?" They replied, "Depends on what the annual service is and requires". Again, I love the car, but ...

So, based on the above and the comments in the other thread that a lift will be required which is why the mobile techs cannot do this service. All Lucid owners should expect to either bring the cars to the closest Service Center or pay round-trip transportation costs to ship their vehicles to the closest Service Center.

In my case, that will add $2500-$3500 in annual ownership costs.

This is not a knock on the car. I love the car, but I really should not have believed my DA when he said they would be opening up more Service Centers and that mobile service should be adequate until then.

I actually texted customer care and asked them about having the mobile tech do the annual service. I asked them, "Question - Can the mobile techs perform the required annual service?" They replied, "Depends on what the annual service is and requires". Again, I love the car, but ...
Lucid really wants $2500 for this service?! That doesn’t sound right

No, that is what it will cost for round trip shipping (probably more) to the Service Center. This is over and above what the annual service might cost.

No, that is what it will cost for round trip shipping (probably more) to the Service Center. This is over and above what the annual service might cost.
Can't you just take it to Tysons Corner which is about a 6 hour drive and at most 2 night hotel which surely won't cost $3,000!

Can't you just take it to Tysons Corner which is about a 6 hour drive and at most 2 night hotel which surely won't cost $3,000!
So, you think a 2-3 day trip is normal for routine annual service? I have done that drive and six hours is extremely optimistic, not to mention radar detectors are illegal in VA. I am hoping to avoid any and all visits to a Lucid Service Center if at all possible.

All that aside, I actually got a call from the Service Manager for my area, a gentleman named Richard H. (his voicemail got garbled so I did not catch his actual last name), who had some real answers. First, the annual service can be done by the Mobile Techs. Second, service scheduling is approximately two weeks out. Third, the cost of the annual service is less than $500 for those with 20" or 21" tires, a little higher (than those with larger rim sizes) for those with 19" tires as they will rotate and balance them as part of the service as well as send a van equipped to do so.

The other thing I found out is that they do have a staffed service location just out side Richmond. I think they are also trying to get something going in Atlanta as well.

He was a great person to talk with, just like everyone from Lucid I have had direct discussions with. He actually gave me permission to post this information to clarify any misunderstanding there may be.

So, you think a 2-3 day trip is normal for routine annual service? I have done that drive and six hours is extremely optimistic, not to mention radar detectors are illegal in VA. I am hoping to avoid any and all visits to a Lucid Service Center if at all possible.

All that aside, I actually got a call from the Service Manager for my area, a gentleman named Richard H. (his voicemail got garbled so I did not catch his actual last name), who had some real answers. First, the annual service can be done by the Mobile Techs. Second, service scheduling is approximately two weeks out. Third, the cost of the annual service is less than $500 for those with 20" or 21" tires, a little higher (than those with larger rim sizes) for those with 19" tires as they will rotate and balance them as part of the service as well as send a van equipped to do so.

The other thing I found out is that they do have a staffed service location just out side Richmond. I think they are also trying to get something going in Atlanta as well.

He was a great person to talk with, just like everyone from Lucid I have had direct discussions with. He actually gave me permission to post this information to clarify any misunderstanding there may be.
This is good to hear. I could not have imagined Lucid would require us to pay to tow our cars all the way to the nearest Lucid service center just to do an annual service. I figured the local third-party service shop could do it. Good to know they can actually do it via mobile as well.

Costs about $300 including tire rotation according to a prior thread:

No I don't think a 2 day trip is normal for a yearly service, but I would make the trip before paying 3,000 to ship the vehicle!

Wouldn't Lucid transport the vehicle to the service center if it is beyond a certain distance?

Wouldn't Lucid transport the vehicle to the service center if it is beyond a certain distance?
Maybe for a warranty claim, but not for a routine annual service.

Costs about $300 including tire rotation according to a prior thread:

I was told $400 plus tax, with the 19” costing a bit more for the rotation/balancing.

I read in another thread that remote service can handle the service interval. I seriously doubt Lucid would expect owners to make a multi hour journey. It just doesn't make sense.

I read in another thread that remote service can handle the service interval. I seriously doubt Lucid would expect owners to make a multi hour journey. It just doesn't make sense.
You may have read my closure on that issue. I only posted it there as there were responses that said mobile techs can’t do that service and that it might have been due to the need of a lift. As I said above, a Lucid Sales Manager actually called me to clarify matters. The customer care response was completely asinine so he probably felt the need to call me directly.

You may have read my closure on that issue. I only posted it there as there were responses that said mobile techs can’t do that service and that it might have been due to the need of a lift. As I said above, a Lucid Sales Manager actually called me to clarify matters. The customer care response was completely asinine so he probably felt the need to call me directly.
Ah that was you! Yes the customer care replies concerning annual service is definitely a training opportunity!

Thanks for the intel. I'm nervous for any major repairs that might be required for me in CLT. Maybe we can bundle some repairs together, @CLTGT.

So, I am the one with the AGT loaner vehicle. The annual service is not what triggered the loaner. I just wanted to clarify and ease any concerns that it’s a multi-day process. I had a list of other things I wanted looked at which they have been diagnosing. Annual service was quoted to me to be around $300, too.

Good info @CLTGT thanks. Does anyone know if there is somewhere buried in the UI where you can check the "service life" or status? I've only had my car for six weeks but it was built last summer and then basically just sat on a lot for five months. I'm guessing my service will actually be due in the summer but it would be great to check it somewhere.

If I had to drive it to Tysons or Richmond, I would probably not complain - I'm looking for excuses to take trips in this car! Atlanta I'd probably want to avoid. Cannot take that traffic... :)

So, I just texted "Customer Care" to get my "annual service" scheduled as I am a month or so out. I also would like for them to change out the tire I have a small bubble on (really small). I was told via text that "you have XXXX miles on your car and we do not schedule annual service until you have 12,000 miles." That is NOT what the manual says. So, are they telling me to go against what the manual says and would doing such void any warranties???

Seems to me that they just can't keep up with service requests. The tire is an entirely (excuse the pun) different issue and I really do not want to start down that path.

Back