Android Auto Thursday

I’m trying to figure out how they’d do an OTA update on that. ;)
Lol, get Lowe's receipt, I'm sure Lucid will reimburse you.

I'm hoping Lucid is watching this thread, realizing how ridiculously long our wait is, and do something about it.

I don't know what Android Auto is. I have a Pixel 8. So every once in a while I check in this thread to see if I can figure out what you folk are talking about. Haven't been here in a while, so just now clicked on the latest post.

you aren't helping me

Lol, get Lowe's receipt, I'm sure Lucid will reimburse you.

I'm hoping Lucid is watching this thread, realizing how ridiculously long our wait is, and do something about it.
Folks from Lucid are definitely watching this thread, on their iPhones.

Android mobile phone users dominate market share outside the U.S. Approximately 70-80% of mobile phone users use Android worldwide.

In order for Lucid to get any market share outside the U.S., those IPhone using Lucid employees are going to have to embrace Android. Either that, or watch their stock options sink further underwater.

I wouldn't want to be a Lucid salesperson outside the U.S. trying to explain to an Android mobile phone user, "No, we don't have Android Auto, but we do support Apple CarPlay." Good luck with that.

Is Lucid the only car company that supports Apple CarPlay but not Android Auto? Adding support for Android Auto or (Android Automotive with GAS) might be necessary for Lucid to even survive.

Android mobile phone users dominate market share outside the U.S. Approximately 70-80% of mobile phone users use Android worldwide.

In order for Lucid to get any market share outside the U.S., those IPhone using Lucid employees are going to have to embrace Android. Either that, or watch their stock options sink further underwater.

I wouldn't want to be a Lucid salesperson outside the U.S. trying to explain to an Android mobile phone user, "No, we don't have Android Auto, but we do support Apple CarPlay." Good luck with that.

Is Lucid the only car company that supports Apple CarPlay but not Android Auto? Adding support for Android Auto or (Android Automotive with GAS) might be necessary for Lucid to even survive.
It only works if you take the marketshare of people who can afford the Lucid not just overall marketshare of Android vs Apple. I admittedly have not looked too far into it, because my assumption is that the people who can afford Lucids trend towards Iphone, even on a worldwide basis.

It only works if you take the marketshare of people who can afford the Lucid not just overall marketshare of Android vs Apple. I admittedly have not looked too far into it, because my assumption is that the people who can afford Lucids trend towards Iphone, even on a worldwide basis.
I can guarantee you there are plenty of people worldwide who have Android phones that can afford a Lucid vehicle today. And some won't buy a Lucid without tight Android phone integration.

It will get even worse for Lucid without tight Android phone integration as Lucid introduces lower priced models worldwide.

Tight Android phone integration is an absolute requirement for Lucid worldwide. Either that, or a much more robust native user interface that would require millions in investment to develop. And developing a much more robust native user interface would probably take too long for Lucid to survive.

I can guarantee you there are plenty of people worldwide who have Android phones that can afford a Lucid vehicle today. And some won't buy a Lucid without tight Android phone integration.

It will get even worse for Lucid without tight Android phone integration as Lucid introduces lower priced models worldwide.

Tight Android phone integration is an absolute requirement for Lucid worldwide. Either that, or a much more robust native user interface that would require millions in investment to develop. And developing a much more robust native user interface would probably take too long for Lucid to survive.
Tesla doesn’t have either one and it hasn’t seemed to affect their market share. Up until recently, Ferrari and Lamborghini only had a CarPlay, and they sold their cars out before they even produced them.

Lack of competent nav, and no available Android Auto bandaid is enough for me not to buy another. But I'm likely in the minority.

Wow, that's a big assumption.
Your way of thinking suggests, people with money can afford Lucid, hence they sure have an iPhone.
What a load of crap.
Think before you post.
(And I'm being very gentle here).

Tesla doesn’t have either one and it hasn’t seemed to affect their market share. Up until recently, Ferrari and Lamborghini only had a CarPlay, and they sold their cars out before they even produced them.
Because...who gives a crap about some Car play/Android Auto when you are inside?

Wow, that's a big assumption.
Your way of thinking suggests, people with money can afford Lucid, hence they sure have an iPhone.
What a load of crap.
Think before you post.
(And I'm being very gentle here).
Uhh... he also has an android lol 🤣

On a worldwide basis we cannot be sure, but in the US iPhones are more common with Lucids as evidenced by the numerous polls!

Back