Android Auto Thursday

Why do you think that? I don't think we should go as far to say "ignoring," but even Peter has said that most of his team is working on Gravity. This is unless they plan to launch UX3 before Gravity, in which case they will likely finish that up for the Air and then work on the Gravity version of it.
I'm not at liberty to say.

This isn't true. The company has no intention of ignoring our Air's software as they ramp up to Gravity.
I agree. We have zero mission critical bugs that I can think of and they have been steadily making improvements. Yes. Lack of AA is a disappointment. I ordered an after market device device for about $75 which talks AA on one side and carplay on the other and is supposed to allow AA to be used on carplay only cars. If that works, I will post here.

Well, if they want to sell more of the Gravity, than adding Android Auto should very high on the software development priority list.

I won't buy another Lucid product without tight Android phone integration. And I know I am not the only one. I feel deceived by Lucid's early indications of Android Auto support, and I am frustrated by the lack of any official company communications about it.

Worldwide, Android phones dominate market share. The lack of tight Google integration via Android Auto or GAS hinders demand for all Lucid vehicles, especially internationally.

I can't think of any software development wishlist items that would help increase demand more than Android Auto.

I agree. We have zero mission critical bugs that I can think of and they have been steadily making improvements. Yes. Lack of AA is a disappointment. I ordered an after market device device for about $75 which talks AA on one side and carplay on the other and is supposed to allow AA to be used on carplay only cars. If that works, I will post here.
If it's the Carlinkit, there's about 20 pages of discussion about it already in this thread.

Come on, Lucid, let's gets some AA for the New Year!

If it's the Carlinkit, there's about 20 pages of discussion about it already in this thread.

Honestly, I wouldnt be shocked if that happened. Carplay came completely out of the blue as well!

It would be funny if Lucid ACTUALLY released it on Thursday though..

I just searched for Carlink and read. I canceled the order to stick with my cup holder mount. I don't need bandaid on top of bandaid.

I just searched for Carlink and read. I canceled the order to stick with my cup holder mount. I don't need bandaid on top of bandaid.
I would try it and return it if it doesn't work. Of the people I've spoken to who have used it, about 90% are thrilled they have AA and have ~no issues, and about 10% ran into some significant stability and connectivity issues. Worth a shot to see if you're in the 90%, imho

I would try it and return it if it doesn't work. Of the people I've spoken to who have used it, about 90% are thrilled they have AA and have ~no issues, and about 10% ran into some significant stability and connectivity issues. Worth a shot to see if you're in the 90%, imho
Maybe later. For now I canceled it.

I would try it and return it if it doesn't work. ...
OK, but if your iPhone didn't work with the Air, would you want some third-party adapter with China-developed software that claims to run iOS apps?

OK, but if your iPhone didn't work with the Air, would you want some third-party adapter with China-developed software that claims to run iOS apps?
Yea I pulled a @DeaneG and bought an Iphone to test stuff out. So far so good, CarPlay has been working great and porting over all my info the Iphone via Deane's instructions and tips has worked well.

Yea I pulled a @DeaneG and bought an Iphone to test stuff out. So far so good, CarPlay has been working great and porting over all my info the Iphone via Deane's instructions and tips has worked well.
It's the Devil's bargain, but it works.
If you should decide to switch back once the Air works with Android, be sure to turn off iMessage and Facetime before you move the sim back to your Android device. Otherwise Apple will be eating your text messages.

Guys and gals, I have a feeling that today is the day, what better time to release a new feature than right before everyone goes on vacation

You finally did it??? You went to the dark side? 👊👊🥊🥊

How do I charge my android 22 ultra phone in my air gt??
Smash it down into the wireless charging thing in the inside left of the console, or use a USB-C cable plugged into the well-hidden USB port at the inside rear of the console.

No, I got a second phone and now I can call my Iphone my "work" phone like everyone else
Cool! My iPhone is actually my work phone and it's bare bones on that thing.

Nope. I’d build my own.

But I’m not most people. For my mom? I’d buy the Chinese third party adapter. Nobody cares about her research on purses she likes.

(Also, @HariK had found one that looked a lot less Chinese and wasn’t specifically the CarlinKit)

Happy Android Auto Thursday!!!!!!!!

Just remember that “Results happen over time, not overnight. Work hard, stay consistent and be patient.” ― Germany Kent

Back