Android Auto Thursday

Is it possible Lucid hasn't released Android auto because of a possible deal with Apple? If they decided to work with apple on an EV in some way, maybe Apple and Lucid would agree not to do Android auto. Thoughts..
No. That wouldn't happen lol Lucid's had 'Android Auto Support' listed under the Air page for years now, there's almost no way they'd backtrack on that

No. That wouldn't happen lol Lucid's had 'Android Auto Support' listed under the Air page for years now, there's almost no way they'd backtrack on that
My thoughts exactly.

FWIW, I spoke to Lucid Sales today on another matter but broached the topic of Android Auto while I had them on the phone.

I asked two questions:
  1. Are you aware of when Android Auto is coming out? Response (as expected): Launch date has not been announced, and so we cannot speak to a target date.
  2. Can you confirm Lucid is actually working on Android Auto ? Response: Yes, they are working on it.
So, I feel a little better knowing that they are, in fact, working on the feature. Like some of you, I was beginning to wonder if they stopped (or never started).

FWIW, I spoke to Lucid Sales today on another matter but broached the topic of Android Auto while I had them on the phone.

I asked two questions:
  1. Are you aware of when Android Auto is coming out? Response (as expected): Launch date has not been announced, and so we cannot speak to a target date.
  2. Can you confirm Lucid is actually working on Android Auto ? Response: Yes, they are working on it.
So, I feel a little better knowing that they are, in fact, working on the feature. Like some of you, I was beginning to wonder if they stopped (or never started).
Compatibility. I could understand Alexa have/had sex with Siri? Never!
Or.... (nowadays) maybe?

Is it possible Lucid hasn't released Android auto because of a possible deal with Apple? If they decided to work with apple on an EV in some way, maybe Apple and Lucid would agree not to do Android auto. Thoughts..
Apple has no such power over any auto manufacturer. Not even an upstart like Lucid. They wouldn't care to exercise it even if they did.

No one is going to switch phones just to drive a Lucid. If anything, Android Auto helps cement the idea that "your phone is your car's infotainment" into people's minds. So it would be in their best interest to have you using Android Auto over the stock infotainment system.

I'm very positive, patient and persistent.
But, where the eff is my Android Auto!!!
Given they are still rolling out 2.1.2, my guess is we won’t be seeing it this week.

1688649247610.png

#keepAAdreamalive

I’m going to go out on a limb and predict that it is not coming today. I’m all in on all Apple products all the time, but I do admire the IOS resistance. Power to your people! 😎

I hope Android Auto uses the whole screen and maybe integrates better (since the car's system is Android) and lets us expand on the bigger screen.

I hope Android Auto uses the whole screen and maybe integrates better (since the car's system is Android) and lets us expand on the bigger screen.
Supposedly it should be dual screen support.. I will take only single screen AA for the time being... HOPE IS ALIVE ! !

Supposedly it should be dual screen support.. I will take only single screen AA for the time being... HOPE IS ALIVE ! !
I'm just trying to rationalize why it's take it so much longer than CarPlay

I'm just trying to rationalize why it's take it so much longer than CarPlay
I think it's simply a matter of priority and staffing. They did the bulk of CarPlay work before the layoffs. And they have a lot of other things they are working on all at once. Gravity being one of the biggest. Only Lucid knows how many of their customers use Android, but my guess is the number is low.

I'm an Android user but paired an old iPhone to the Lucid today to see what the CarPlay experience was like. I think that was a mistake as I'm now even more interested in getting Android Auto ASAP! That being said, the only nuance that I didn't appreciate before trying it out was how using a native car function (radio, nav, etc.) + CarPlay can be a bit clunky if switching back and forth to bring each up on the screen for their respective controls. It will definitely be a better experience when Lucid allows for separate functions per screen (CarPlay/AA on top screen w/Lucid radio/nav/etc. on bottom screen).

I’m an Android fan and love the Fold phones but got an iPhone too because I really wanted the Apple Watch 😂
According to this forum only 30% use Android

I’m going to go out on a limb and predict that it is not coming today. I’m all in on all Apple products all the time, but I do admire the IOS resistance. Power to your people! 😎
I never liked your posts :) :) :)

I’m an Android fan and love the Fold phones but got an iPhone too because I really wanted the Apple Watch 😂
According to this forum only 30% use Android
So the conclusion is only 30% of owners polled are intelligent creatures. 😁

Back