Android Auto Thursday

It makes sense that Lucid has prioritized improvement in DDPro, given the 90-day free trial is/was coming to an end for so many owners. The 2.1.2 version will drive some revenue with conversions at $14K per pop, plus some number of DDPrem @ $2.5K per pop. So, timing-wise, I get it.

Now that that is behind us... Android Auto to the top of the list please !!!
I am non-committal on the iPhone vs Android. My spouse has an iPhone and, she uses it when she drives the Lucid GT. I, on the other hand, have an Android which I like except for the mobile key system on the Lucid. Works great on the Tesla but not so much on the GT. I did notice today that she eliminated my Android access on her Tesla. No problem, I just smile when the spouse walks in the garage and the Lucid lights up like she owns that car and the Tesla!!! I do have my EZGO lithium battery RXV golf cart to keep me happy when she takes the Lucid out.
Oh well, she cooks better than I do also, so I guess it is ok. I have been using her iPhone to access CarPlay and she is loving it when we travel together.
On a serious note, the car is fantastic and the OTAs are correcting and adding user features regularly so eventually it will be even better.

I *REALLY* want Waze through android auto more than any other AA accessible functions.
I loved Waze when I had a HOV sticker on my Clarity. It's the only navigation app that I know of that has HOV directions. But I haven't gotten a sticker for this car yet. I know this is very silly, but I'm really enjoying just looking at the car now and the thought of neon green stickers all over the Zenith Red just seems so ugly. So I've been sticking to the regular lanes.

I'm on iOS and have been loving CarPlay. Android Auto would be lovely for others in my household. It's too annoying to have to sign into a whole bunch of accounts for each user when they're all ready to go in their phone already. Google / apple maps still feel superior for routing based on traffic and the assistants are way better than Alexa.

I am non-committal on the iPhone vs Android. My spouse has an iPhone and, she uses it when she drives the Lucid GT. I, on the other hand, have an Android which I like except for the mobile key system on the Lucid. Works great on the Tesla but not so much on the GT. I did notice today that she eliminated my Android access on her Tesla. No problem, I just smile when the spouse walks in the garage and the Lucid lights up like she owns that car and the Tesla!!! I do have my EZGO lithium battery RXV golf cart to keep me happy when she takes the Lucid out.
Oh well, she cooks better than I do also, so I guess it is ok. I have been using her iPhone to access CarPlay and she is loving it when we travel together.
On a serious note, the car is fantastic and the OTAs are correcting and adding user features regularly so eventually it will be even better.
Ha ha! My daughter and I have the same relationship. She's scared to death to drive it but she loves being passenger on long drives. As soon as she gets in her seat, first two things she does is connect her CarPlay and turns on full body massage before we even pull out of the garage 😆 Then the rest of the drive, I have to listen to her music which I can't stand 😵‍💫

Maybe some Apple users will convert to Android when/if Android Auto integrates better with the car?
Nope. None of us change phones to please the car. Once we get used to the UI, we don't want to change. The apps are available on IOS or Android.

Nope. None of us change phones to please the car. Once we get used to the UI, we don't want to change. The apps are available on IOS or Android.
darth-vader-dark-side.gif

I got an old iphone xr off someone, popped in an additional data only sim you can get for free if you have Google Fi and that phone now lives in my Lucid just so I can use Waze and apps like YT music, LIbby, etc... more easily.
Thankfully iphone XRs can be had really cheap, there is one big problem though, now when someone calls my phone, its not connected to my car. I'm a bit surprised that the Air can't maintain multiple BT connections simultaneously. My old 2012 BMW could do 2, my wife's current suv somehow and for some reason does 3. That being said, Tesla also only does one connection and it is a pain switching the connected phone between my work and personal phones.

I got an old iphone xr off someone, popped in an additional data only sim you can get for free if you have Google Fi and that phone now lives in my Lucid just so I can use Waze and apps like YT music, LIbby, etc... more easily.
Thankfully iphone XRs can be had really cheap, there is one big problem though, now when someone calls my phone, its not connected to my car. I'm a bit surprised that the Air can't maintain multiple BT connections simultaneously. My old 2012 BMW could do 2, my wife's current suv somehow and for some reason does 3. That being said, Tesla also only does one connection and it is a pain switching the connected phone between my work and personal phones.
It can. You can use one for music and one for calls.

This is possible with CarPlay active?
No. CarPlay takes over the full Bluetooth bandwidth.

But you can use the car audio services and do phone with CarPlay simultaneously.

Live look-in at Lucid's software team:

Attachments

• 116123.gif
    116123.gif
    149.8 KB · Views: 67
Android auto might not be getting as much attention in the discussion, but it's certainly not dead. It continues to be a significant feature for android users, offering seamless integration with their vehicles and access to various apps on the go.

Happy Android Auto Thursday!!!

Just remember “Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.” —A.A. Milne

I caved and got a phone mount so I can use waze and highway radar.
Did the same for the exact purpose of using those two apps. I actually like having my phone as a dedicated extra screen for the time being.

Back