Android Auto Thursday

It makes sense that Lucid has prioritized improvement in DDPro, given the 90-day free trial is/was coming to an end for so many owners. The 2.1.2 version will drive some revenue with conversions at $14K per pop, plus some number of DDPrem @ $2.5K per pop. So, timing-wise, I get it.

Now that that is behind us... Android Auto to the top of the list please !!!

Maybe some Apple users will convert to Android when/if Android Auto integrates better with the car?

Maybe some Apple users will convert to Android when/if Android Auto integrates better with the car?
I don't think so. Besides, as much I prefer Android and have no intentions of switching to Apple, the Air really likes IOS much better than Android. Things that work easily on iPhones, like mobile keys, are just are very touchy on Android phones.

When is Android auto going to be available on lucid?
Thank you in advance for any input.
LL

FWIW, I spoke to Lucid Sales today on another matter but broached the topic of Android Auto while I had them on the phone.

I asked two questions:
  1. Are you aware of when Android Auto is coming out? Response (as expected): Launch date has not been announced, and so we cannot speak to a target date.
  2. Can you confirm Lucid is actually working on Android Auto ? Response: Yes, they are working on it.
So, I feel a little better knowing that they are, in fact, working on the feature. Like some of you, I was beginning to wonder if they stopped (or never started).
I called today and asked... They said there is no time line on when it will be released... But is in t he works 🤦

When is Android auto going to be available on lucid?
Thank you in advance for any input.
LL
Nobody here knows and Lucid won’t tell us. There are many threads about this on the forum.

Happy Android Auto Thursday!!! Remember that Patience is the road to Android Auto.

1689252891023.png

#dreAAm

Am I the only one who goes "meh" with Android Auto? Single Sign On (SSO) plus voice assistant integration with cable connection more or less gets you to Android Auto.

I like the native system. Think it works well for 95% of my use cases. Alternative routing planners would be nice, but the new update appears to fix this gripe with the latest route features.

Android Auto was awesome in my Q7, Google Maps is the best and it used the whole screen which is what I'm hoping Lucid will do.

Am I the only one who goes "meh" with Android Auto? Single Sign On (SSO) plus voice assistant integration with cable connection more or less gets you to Android Auto.

I like the native system. Think it works well for 95% of my use cases. Alternative routing planners would be nice, but the new update appears to fix this gripe with the latest route features.
You're not. At first it was at the top of my list, but there's nothing in it that I really miss other than Google Maps. I'll use it when it gets here, but I'm managing fine without it. What is SSO?

You're not. At first it was at the top of my list, but there's nothing in it that I really miss other than Google Maps. I'll use it when it gets here, but I'm managing fine without it. What is SSO?
I *REALLY* want Waze through android auto more than any other AA accessible functions.

Where you use something like a gmail account to sign into everything. Maybe it's Single Signon Authorization... Either way, you use one account vs making an account for each and every service.

Back