Android Auto Thursday

Straight from China on Temu https://share.temu.com/C4o2BTnHD0A What's nice about this one is you can also collapse it flat so when not in use, doesn't block the vents.
View attachment 13804
Thank you! Looks great!

So it's mounted on the dash with adhesive and you have to attach a magnet to your phone for it to hold? Is that correct?

Have you tried to remove the adhesive part yet? Or are you concerned about that when the time comes to do it?

Highly agree.
Luckily, hardware is really excellent.
Software wise, Lucid gave us beta version, maybe even alpha.
And then... with every ota update we are cherishing/praising Lucid for it.
Anticipation/wait/patience/nothing.
Very nice psychological game on Lucid's part.
I'm truly tired of it.
Would you prefer we got more upset with each OTA?

Would you prefer we got more upset with each OTA?
Lol, of course not. We all love the car overall, emphasis on overall.
Promise a man $100 at the 100meter finish line.
Then give him $5 every month to accumulate to $100.
The man is very happy with every $5. That's us, how excited we are with every, even most miniscule, ota.
That's us, again, how Lucid playing the game.
Hopefully, you, and Lucid sees my point.

Thank you! Looks great!

So it's mounted on the dash with adhesive and you have to attach a magnet to your phone for it to hold? Is that correct?

Have you tried to remove the adhesive part yet? Or are you concerned about that when the time comes to do it?
The mount is magnetic. It comes with a thin metal plate that you place between the phone and the case. As long as your case isn't too thick, the mount is strong enough to keep the phone in place.

Regards to the adhesive, I was worried about it also so I tested it. As long as you remove it nice and slow, it will come off in one piece without damaging the trim. Any remaining residue, I wiped with GooGone, and it was fine. Not sure if it will be the same if kept there a long time though. We'll see once AA comes online.

The mount is magnetic. It comes with a thin metal plate that you place between the phone and the case. As long as your case isn't too thick, the mount is strong enough to keep the phone in place.

Regards to the adhesive, I was worried about it also so I tested it. As long as you remove it nice and slow, it will come off in one piece without damaging the trim. Any remaining residue, I wiped with GooGone, and it was fine. Not sure if it will be the same if kept there a long time though. We'll see once AA comes online.

FYI - there are phone cases which already have the magnet attached to the outside. Here is the one I have. The black circle in the center is a magnet.

I truly appreciate you taking the time to share all of this information. Thank you!

Do you ever charge your phone wirelessly either in the car or anywhere else? I do it every night and I'm curious if the magnet between the case and phone would interfere with that process. I looked for the answer to that on the Temu listing and reviews but couldn't find it.

I get why you all do this sort of thing. But I can't help but think it makes you look like an Uber driver.
You mean I earn money every time I drive Lucid and use the mount?
Hell yeah, I'll buy two to double my income :)

I truly appreciate you taking the time to share all of this information. Thank you!

Do you ever charge your phone wirelessly either in the car or anywhere else? I do it every night and I'm curious if the magnet between the case and phone would interfere with that process. I looked for the answer to that on the Temu listing and reviews but couldn't find it.
The thin metal sheet isn't magnetic. It actually has a anti-mag film on one side that you face towards the phone when you place it in the phone case. The metal sheet will block wireless charging but I use breakaway magnetic USB charging so it doesn't impact me. If you prefer wireless charging, just take the phone out of your case to charge at night. Anyways, just consider this temporary until AA.

Happy Android Auto Thursday!!!!

Just remember that “Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.” – Samuel Johnson.

Happy Android Auto Thursday!!!!

If Android Auto is not here yet, check out “Warrior” series on MAX. New episode every Thursday!

This

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    187.5 KB · Views: 65
I feel bad for my Android Auto friends. It's been 138 days since CarPlay was released.

Back