Am I the only one extremely disappointed in my Dream Edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting car dislikes is not the point. Implying that people who have the money to buy a Lucid should have their time respected more than those who do not is the point.

Not all rich people are “driven.” The vast majority are children or grandchildren of people who were driven.

And their time is not more valuable than the rest of our time.

Having said that, apologies have been offered. I think we mostly all agree here some things said here seemed harsher than they were intended, on both sides.

Hard not to get emotional about this stuff. But I think we all mostly want to be respectful here. So let’s hope we can steer ourselves toward that goal.
I've been reading this forum pretty thoroughly for 2 months and I don't think anyone I've read has written with malevolent intent or to intentionally disrespect anyone.

Let's leave it at that--disagreements are natural and will continue, but always with a civil tone of voice.

Sorry to be "moderating" (which in this case has at least two meanings!)

Over and out

The OP is valuable because it reflects things that you could dislike about the car and should reflect on with an open mind.
I'm still on the fence and searching for reasons to like or dislike the car - currently have a pure reservation. and tempted to go GT on 5/31.

White carpet. Does look the best if kept perfect but that is a chore and requires special treatment. I'll get the Mojave.

20-60 Seconds boot time. That is a delay, much like missing a light and having to stop on red or waiting for grandma to cross the intersection - happens all the time, I won't let it ruin my drive.

Range might not reach 500 miles. Yeah, but the 20-80 rule means that I should aim for 300 miles between recharges anyways to prolong the vehicle life.
Not an issue for me but if I absolutely needed to travel 500+ miles non-stop as fast as possible, I would take a flight.

Posting car dislikes is not the point. Implying that people who have the money to buy a Lucid should have their time respected more than those who do not is the point.

Not all rich people are “driven.” The vast majority are children or grandchildren of people who were driven.

And their time is not more valuable than the rest of our time.

Having said that, apologies have been offered. I think we mostly all agree here some things said here seemed harsher than they were intended, on both sides.

Hard not to get emotional about this stuff. But I think we all mostly want to be respectful here. So let’s hope we can steer ourselves toward that goal.
Is it possible that he probably was not trying to say that "rich people's time is worth more than poor people's?" Lots of "don't mischaracterize what I say" on here, but none of that extended to the OP. This forum has been heading a certain direction in recent weeks...

Is it possible that he probably was not trying to say that "rich people's time is worth more than poor people's?" Lots of "don't mischaracterize what I say" on here, but none of that extended to the OP. This forum has been heading a certain direction in recent weeks...
Possible? Sure. Please provide an alternative interpretation. Nobody has yet, including OP.

Either way, to reiterate: no offense was meant. That was how the OP’s post was *perceived*. If it was mischaracterized, please try to restate it - that would benefit everyone!

I swear that was exactly what I was going to post. I haven't been on this site in a while and after reading some of the responses, good grief, it does sound just like the Tesla fanboy site. I saw this evolving back several months ago and I suspect it's almost inevitable for any dedicated car enthusiast site. People get defensive and feel a need to justify their purchasing decision. That's fine if it's done in a cordial way. I haven't seen much of this on the BMW i4 site...yet.

I haven't spent much time here because I recently took delivery of the BMW i4. I have had no issues with software to this point, the screen is incredible and extremely responsive, everything fires up almost immediately, the car handles fantastically and I have no real complaints other than a niggle here and there.

All cars have pros & cons and a new car company is not for the faint of heart. I still haven't asked for a refund of my deposit since I don't expect a call on solidifying my Pure January 21 reservation for another 3-6 months. By that time I would certainly hope the major software issues would be resolved. If I continue to have such a positive vibe from the i4, I will then cancel the reservation. The deposit is so small it's of no concern anyway.
Since I also have a BMW i4M50 on order for my wife, would appreciate if you could give which BMWi4 site you use.

We are spending a lot of time on this posting. I noticed he doesn't show his Dream #?? I'm wondering if this is a scammer??

I'm not saying he lied--I'm saying he's promoting his product vis a vis a marketing "promise" that has a HUGE asterisk ...

If it weren't for this forum, I certainly wouldn't have known about the asterisk. I'm not knocking the car---I'm trying to understand what it's really like, versus what it's being advertised as.
He is doing what every car manufacturer does - state what a government agency assigned the task of measuring "fuel" efficiency has determined via their testing methodology. The fact that the EPA allows 2 very different testing methodologies to be used is stupid. The accuracy of either methodology is poor. But every EV maker is using government certified test results and splashing it everywhere (assuming it's not a poor result). Unfortunately, the European and Asian standards are even more optimistic.

It's not a marketing promise - he is simply stating what his car was certified as delivering. It isn't his job to educate people as to the weakness of the testing or that EVs are impacted to a much greater degree than ICE vehicles depending on environment and driving habits.

I agree that more mainstream information outlets are not telling us enough about EVs and range. You have to go looking for this information. But to blame Peter for trumpeting what no other EV maker has been able to achieve in a government run independent test that is out of his control doesn't make sense.

As @milgauss was told, the measurements being reported by the car are suspect, none of us may know the actual range/efficiency of the car unless we run a 100% to 0% test. What impresses me about the InsideEVs 70 mph test is that they charged to 100 on a L3 charger which people report impact range due to heat buildup in the batteries and still got 500 miles (of course, maybe going to a 100% allowed the batteries to cool since the charge rate is so low 80 to 100).

The OP isn't saying anything new. He could have just cut and pasted posts by @MoniputerLM in terms of what is a failing or weakness in the car. But you don't see the strength of objections being raised here even though @MoniputerLM very strongly and sometimes harshly states his observations. People are reacting to how the OP stated it, not that he pointed out issues.

I feel I am beta testing a nice-looking electric car with tons of glitches. Not impressed for $180K. Would love to hear other's experience.
I don't think we should actually move on. If we do, then people who have legitimate complaints and concerns will not be able to voice them, and since LucidMotors is observing this site they may not pay attention to the issues at hand. I still haven't gotten my car yet, but have learned a whole lot more about it when I (eventually, someday?) get my car. With anything in life, there are always differences of opinion, and it is certainly valid to feel that paying $180k for a car which would rank it at the top end of cars in price should get you a very slick fully functioning car. On the other hand, when you pay that much for an exotic car, usually they always have problems which are well known and usually not ever fixed, assigned to the status of "quirk of that car." I am hopeful that Lucid will fix these in the near future.

I don't think we should actually move on. If we do, then people who have legitimate complaints and concerns will not be able to voice them, and since LucidMotors is observing this site they may not pay attention to the issues at hand. I still haven't gotten my car yet, but have learned a whole lot more about it when I (eventually, someday?) get my car. With anything in life, there are always differences of opinion, and it is certainly valid to feel that paying $180k for a car which would rank it at the top end of cars in price should get you a very slick fully functioning car. On the other hand, when you pay that much for an exotic car, usually they always have problems which are well known and usually not ever fixed, assigned to the status of "quirk of that car." I am hopeful that Lucid will fix these in the near future.
Okay, so what do you think should happen next with this posting? We've seen his issues and many have responded. Now why not move on and stop the back and forth which isn't really accomplishing anything helpful from my perspective. Just my two cents worth and I for one am done with this posting.

Okay, so what do you think should happen next with this posting? We've seen his issues and many have responded. Now why not move on and stop the back and forth which isn't really accomplishing anything helpful from my perspective. Just my two cents worth and I for one am done with this posting.
While I agree with everything you just said, take a little accountability for tossing a grenade through the door at the very end insinuating he may not even own a car and be a "scammer ."

I would suggest mods lock the thread.

Sorry, just got here.

Attachments

• 7D8D8574-DE60-4130-8AB7-5FB478706B4B.jpeg
    7D8D8574-DE60-4130-8AB7-5FB478706B4B.jpeg
    27 KB · Views: 90
He is doing what every car manufacturer does - state what a government agency assigned the task of measuring "fuel" efficiency has determined via their testing methodology. The fact that the EPA allows 2 very different testing methodologies to be used is stupid. The accuracy of either methodology is poor. But every EV maker is using government certified test results and splashing it everywhere (assuming it's not a poor result). Unfortunately, the European and Asian standards are even more optimistic.

It's not a marketing promise - he is simply stating what his car was certified as delivering. It isn't his job to educate people as to the weakness of the testing or that EVs are impacted to a much greater degree than ICE vehicles depending on environment and driving habits.

I agree that more mainstream information outlets are not telling us enough about EVs and range. You have to go looking for this information. But to blame Peter for trumpeting what no other EV maker has been able to achieve in a government run independent test that is out of his control doesn't make sense.

As @milgauss was told, the measurements being reported by the car are suspect, none of us may know the actual range/efficiency of the car unless we run a 100% to 0% test. What impresses me about the InsideEVs 70 mph test is that they charged to 100 on a L3 charger which people report impact range due to heat buildup in the batteries and still got 500 miles (of course, maybe going to a 100% allowed the batteries to cool since the charge rate is so low 80 to 100).
Well, what you're really saying is the whole thing is a scam:

Lucid's 500 is really 400
Tesla's 400 is really 32O
Porsche's 300 is really 225

And on and on...I never said Peter should be condemned for being part of the scam---I'm just pointing out that he IS part of the scam. (you can draw your own ethical conclusions)

I've long thought the EPA has an agenda to hype EVs

Some manufacturers are different.

Porsche’s 225 is really 280

It’s mainly Tesla and Lucid that use “hyped” numbers.

Well, what you're really saying is the whole thing is a scam:

Lucid's 500 is really 400
Tesla's 400 is really 32O
Porsche's 300 is really 225

And on and on...I never said Peter should be condemned for being part of the scam---I'm just pointing out that he IS part of the scam. (you can draw your own ethical conclusions)

I've long thought the EPA has an agenda to hype EVs
Our Taycan got close to 300 on a charge. I suspect the two speed gearbox and little or no regen did the trick

I think this post is spot on. Someone posted today saying he regrets his purchase because, in part, it takes 30-40 seconds for the car to be fully functional. Then he's pilloried here as an elitist who thinks his time is more valuable that a hotel maid's? Really? (You can make the point it doesn't both you without trashing the guy who says it does bother him!) But this has NOTHING to do with the perceived value of a person's 40 sec.

In the history of the automobile has there ever been a car that took that long to be ready? (The Model T took 2 cranks of the lever), and this from the company that trumpets its ambition to be the most technologically advanced in the biz? (I've demoed BMW, Audi, Hyundai--instantaneous start up)

I can understand the feelings of the early buyers--I admire their risk-taking, optimism, etc--but their natural inclination to act like the "glitches" are no big deal..

But for those of us still on the fence, the message should be loud and clear back to management : NO you are not the industry standard if it takes 40 seconds to start your car, or if the car randomly locks the owner out...and NO--we who haven't decided yet aren't going to buy if you don't fix it.

If Lucid's business model is based on the premise that a wide swath of their customers will forgive their shortcomings because Tesla had the same ones 5 years ago---? (plug in your own ending...I know mine)

Thanks fir the opportunity to add to the dialogue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back