• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Alexa and homelink

ColonelBadger

Cars
Air Touring
Referral Code
IQZT5SXS
Waiting on delivery of my Air and reading about the home link functionality, is it possible to ask Alexa to open or close your garage using homelink ?

It is depending on the garage door opener you have. Liftmaster in their infinite wisdom (sarcasm alert) doesn't integrate with Alexa but you can get 3rd party parts to work around that.

It is depending on the garage door opener you have. Liftmaster in their infinite wisdom (sarcasm alert) doesn't integrate with Alexa but you can get 3rd party parts to work around that.

OK, so I guess you can potentially have Alexa control your garage door if the garage door is hooked up to a smart controller, but I'm asking whether the inbuilt Homelink in the Vehicle can be controlled via Alexa ?

OK, so I guess you can potentially have Alexa control your garage door if the garage door is hooked up to a smart controller, but I'm asking whether the inbuilt Homelink in the Vehicle can be controlled via Alexa ?
No, unfortunately.

That's a shame and seems like such a simple thing to integrate.
You would think. But my understanding is that Amazon hasn’t exactly been super active with their automotive platform for some time. So this may not be Lucid’s fault.

I think there’s a good chance we won’t be seeing Alexa in Gravity at all.

You would think. But my understanding is that Amazon hasn’t exactly been super active with their automotive platform for some time. So this may not be Lucid’s fault.

I think there’s a good chance we won’t be seeing Alexa in Gravity at all.
Yeah. Even their own Amazon Key in-garage delivery service has started to cost money and has been less reliable. I'd put this one solely at the feet of Amazon, especially when you consider that Alexa is basically dead to them, at least as evidenced by the fact that they've laid off a huge portion of the Alexa team.

Back