Homelink functionality

Jimaikins

Cars
Lucid Air
It's not a good idea to make the driver turn off the rear camera...to find the homelink button...to close their garage door. It is distracting and dangerous.

I agree that Lucid needs to find a way to enable Homelnk with the reverse camera on. However, it is not "distracting and dangerous." If you said annoying, I would believe you.

It's not a good idea to make the driver turn off the rear camera...to find the homelink button...to close their garage door. It is distracting and dangerous.
You can turn it back on. It’s not ideal, but can be done.

I just put the car in park instead. Not great either. It's currently fix-it item #8 on the Air's software wishlist:

I agree that Lucid needs to find a way to enable Homelnk with the reverse camera on. However, it is not "distracting and dangerous." If you said annoying, I would believe you.
It distracts the driver (who has to hit several "buttons" on the screen while unable to use the rear-view camera)) which makes it dangerous for anyone potentially walking or driving behind you.

It distracts the driver (who has to hit several "buttons" on the screen while unable to use the rear-view camera)) which makes it dangerous for anyone potentially walking or driving behind you.
Safe and responsible drivers will stop and switch to the Homelink screen and then turn the camera back on before proceeding.

I suggest you try putting the car in park for a couple of seconds as @DeaneG suggested. I’ve been doing that too, and although it’s not the most effortless approach, it only takes a few seconds AND, you retain 100% of the safety features you fear losing.

3 = several?

Also, you can stop moving while pulling into a garage.

Everyone here agrees, the current setup is inconvenient. It sucks, even. Dangerous? That's a stretch.

Brake. Then tap. Then accelerate.

You do not have to do all of the things at once.

I generally believe multitasking is a good thing, but not when driving. It's really not that difficult to understand. If you're backing up and need to close your garage door, stop backing up, close the camera and your garage door, then back up again. If you're concerned about pedestrians or other cars, put your camera back on. Yes, it's less than ideal, but not dangerous if you're not being dangerous.

Back