Air to Gravity trade-in

Yowza, not trying to start a flame war. Just commenting on the 18 month lease deals, which when coupled with what looks to me like Lucid slashing prices, for a company burning a lot of cash, seems to suggest a certain picture to me, but hey, it's just an opinion. I'm very excited for Gravity and don't claim any special knowledge. 🤷‍♂️ I hope it comes soon with a feature set that works for me. I joined to learn more about Gravity, and I've already learned a lot from many threads, so thanks to those who've posted so much.
Playing armchair CEO is one of the things that typically isn't tolerated in here. Yes, you can make criticisms share your opinion etc. but implying things about the "why" they're slashing prices because of XYZ when you don't work for the company is just pure speculation and not useful information in an owners forum.

Yes, Lucid is hemorrhaging cash, so is Rivian and so did Fisker to its detriment. This is a cash hungry business with heavy investment needed in the early days to hopefully reap the rewards in the future. Tesla hemorrhaged cash also to the verge of bankruptcy many times until it got to the Model 3 so it's unfair to then imply Lucid should do this or that to save cash etc. All these startups need to follow the same approach and it's survive with backing from heavy investors until they get to a mass produced model to where they can hopefully survive on their own. The Air and Gravity aren't going to get Lucid to profitability, they're not intended to. Its the 2026 mid-market that will be the eventual money maker for them. Lucid has heavy backing from the PIF to get them to that point.

FYI - Lucid's cash isn't just being thrown down the drain at making the Air and losing "$300K" per vehicle. A significant chunk of the cash is going in factory expansion & R&D which is all being invested so they're ready to go when it comes time to announce and release the mid-market model.

The Gravity should do well for Lucid but if anyone thinks it's going to be Lucd's mass market money maker then they're in for a shock....$80K+ cars have a limited space to play in. And yes, if I was you at this point in time given how close the Gravity is to release i'd probably hold off on getting the Air and just wait a few more months for the SUV

I just hope they give fair trade-in values. I’d love to get a Gravity, but only if I don’t loose a ton on my AGT.
Prepare to be in shock with the numbers. Wholesale on low mile GT is around 57K as someone posted previous auction results.

Prepare to be in shock with the numbers. Wholesale on low mile GT is around 57K as someone posted previous auction results.
If that’s the case I’ll keep my GT a bit longer before getting a Gravity.

It will be prolly in the mid to high 40s range by the time gravity launches.

Back