Air to Gravity trade-in

I was very pleased that the car had lost only a few miles of its original 516 miles of rated range
I would caution against trusting any number of “miles” that your Lucid reports. Their math for reporting that is just not reliable.

Having said that, my guess is you have probably only lost a small amount of capacity. Because EV companies have figured out what they are doing by now and really have minimized degradation through software, cooling, etc.

All indications are that Tesla owners are getting much better long-term degradation than they expected. (A rare area where they are underpromising and over delivering.) I suspect the same will be true for Lucid owners in 7-8 years when the first of them have had their cars long enough.

I just wouldn’t get excited about the specific number, is all I’m saying.

I thought some of the Air lease deals set up to be at the front of the line for a Gravity when you turned in the car.
..... after DE owners are given an opportunity to order.

I’m counting on a fair trade-in to switch to Gravity 🙏🤞 if not, I’ll just drive my Air forever or get a Rivian later.

I’m counting on a fair trade-in to switch to Gravity 🙏🤞 if not, I’ll just drive my Air forever or get a Rivian later.
Just curious, what do you think is fair price?

Yes, I think that was the point of the 18-month lease program.

Rivian has a trade-in program that is managed by Cox Automotive. I have been unable to find whether Tesla handles its own trade-in program or whether they contract it out, although from the buyer's perspective the trade-in is handled through your Tesla account. Both programs accept their own vehicles as trades as well as most vehicles from other manufacturers.

However, given the inventory of new Airs that always seems to be on hand plus the cars that will be coming back upon lease expirations, I really can't see Lucid setting up a program to take in Airs on trades. Most dealers and manufacturers can move excess used inventory into foreign markets, but that would not be the case with Lucid due to lack of support infrastructure in most foreign markets.

Just curious, what do you think is fair price?
My thought would be a similar price to what one would get if he traded in the Lucid for a BMW/Mercedes/Audi/Lexus. By having a reasonably competitive trade-in price Lucid would not only be retaining customers who wanted the sales tax benefit of a trade-in but also the many owners who do not want to deal with a private sale (strangers coming to one's house, etc.).

I don't know about others here but I would not be looking for any additional benefit.

For example, a Nov 2022 AGT, which cost at the time about $140,000. I realize prices have dropped. I see equivalent used models on various sites for around $75k - $80k. Ouch that’s a huge drop in less than 2 years.

Is that what you all expect Lucid would offer on a trade in for a Gravity? More or less?

For example, a Nov 2022 AGT, which cost at the time about $140,000. I realize prices have dropped. I see equivalent used models on various sites for around $75k - $80k. Ouch that’s a huge drop in less than 2 years.

Is that what you all expect Lucid would offer on a trade in for a Gravity? More or less?
See post #12
You’ll be lucky with an offer from a dealer in the high 60’s on low mile 2022 AGT. They are a tough retail sale in the low 70’s. Great car but the market has spoken on used air market pure/ touring/ GT
I’m in the process of selling mine and moving to a DE or GTP.

Last edited:
See post #12
You’ll be lucky with an offer from a dealer in the high 60’s on low mile 2022 AGT. They are a tough retail sale in the low 70’s. Great car but the market has spoken on used air market pure/ touring/ GT
I’m in the process of selling mine and moving to a DE or GTP.

If that’s the ballpark Lucid would offer I guess I’m not trading for a Gravity unless of course they offer some nice discount on the Gravity to current owners. Oh well. I’ll keep my AGT longer I guess. We’ll see what the program looks like when it’s announced.

This worry I have about my DE-P. Not even lucid (as it stands today) has a car that could replace this car other than the Sapphire but that’s out of my price range. Really only lucid and Porsche have my interest right now in the EV game. BMWs new EV concept platform has me interested as well but that’s some years away still.
Welcome to my world

For the last few decades, I've only driven Toyotas, Hyundais and Hondas. How on earth do I go back to that after having the Lucid? Even if it is just a GT.
You can’t. Since 2015, I’ve owned two Teslas and now an Air GT. I can’t imagine buying an ICE car.

I wonder if a trade program would also allow Lucid to certify pre-owned Airs and offer them up on their website - could be an additional revenue source. Maybe they don’t want to take just anything on trade because they would end up sending most stuff to auction anyway. But ….Air for Gravity could be a great opportunity all around.

I've typically owned my cars for 8+ years or until they fail.

Had an awesome Audi that lasted 8 yrs until someone smashed into it. Gave my daughter our other Audi, it's now 17 years old and still going without really ever a problem with it except for interior cosmetic stuff which is to be expected at that age. A Volvo for 7 but it had a catastrophic failure...and 2 BMW's collectively at 15 years. Though one of them is going to the graveyard and prompted our Lucid lease. First lease we've had. Mainly because I have a BMW I3, which I love, but was going to trade it in for a better EV that can make the distance but the value took such an astronomical drop in depreciation I might as well hold onto it for a city car.

I'm looking forward to the Gravity, I'd like to see where that is in 2 years with reliability and tech while we enjoy our Touring. Though I've got an eye toward Porche to see what they come up with

I was just offered an 18-month Air lease to get priority on the Gravity list. I didn't dig deeper to find out exactly what the terms were, or how good a deal it was, but I don't want to wait 18 months for Gravity (or buy one while still carrying the Air lease, esp. since I have a perfectly serviceable Model S for the moment). It suggests to me that even after the latest Saudi infusion, they still really need to move vehicles to keep the manufacturing line overhead covered, and to show the markets that they're delivering vehicles to prop up the stock price and lengthen the runway.... even if that means some short-term sacrifice in terms of teaser financing rates, and a little bit of can-kicking when they have to take a bunch of depreciated vehicles back that aren't holding their value right now.

I guess the bet I'm making is that I can get a Gravity within 18 months without a priority spot in line, but given overall low Air unit volumes and the fact that only some of those owners will be coming back for a second vehicle, I'm hoping it's a good bet. If not, in 18 months, I may be in a Rivian.

I was just offered an 18-month Air lease to get priority on the Gravity list. I didn't dig deeper to find out exactly what the terms were, or how good a deal it was, but I don't want to wait 18 months for Gravity (or buy one while still carrying the Air lease, esp. since I have a perfectly serviceable Model S for the moment). It suggests to me that even after the latest Saudi infusion, they still really need to move vehicles to keep the manufacturing line overhead covered, and to show the markets that they're delivering vehicles to prop up the stock price and lengthen the runway.... even if that means some short-term sacrifice in terms of teaser financing rates, and a little bit of can-kicking when they have to take a bunch of depreciated vehicles back that aren't holding their value right now.

I guess the bet I'm making is that I can get a Gravity within 18 months without a priority spot in line, but given overall low Air unit volumes and the fact that only some of those owners will be coming back for a second vehicle, I'm hoping it's a good bet. If not, in 18 months, I may be in a Rivian.
So, you joined the Forum just to make this point, as a non-owner? Please, spare me your speculation.

. . . in 18 months, I may be in a Rivian.

You won't if you need adult seating in the 3rd row and enough range for a road trip without constant recharging stops.

I've seen the Gravity twice at Design Studios. It is the first EV I've seen that gives our Honda Odyssey interior a run for the money space-wise.

Have you contacted Peter to give him your thoughts of wisdom and how you would run the company better? Do some research before posting such ridiculous statements! If you did some research you would actually see the Air is outperforming the competitions vehicles in the same class. The S is an outlier because A) Tesla doesn't breakdown the numbers between S & X now so we don't really know how many sedans they're selling compared to the SUV & B) The S and X have generally performed higher against the competition for quite a while due to Tesla being the cool thing to have (brand recognition) and those models being out for a very long time now.

Heads up...... no luxury vehicle holds its value. They depreciate very quickly and again, if you did some research you would see cars like the EQS depreciating significantly as well. Maybe provide your thoughts of wisdom to Elon on how he can best not screw over the Plaid owners. They lost a TONNE of depreciation through Tesla slashing the prices so much (along with the natural depreciation that comes with a used car) on the S that it put many owners underwater.

Yowza, not trying to start a flame war. Just commenting on the 18 month lease deals, which when coupled with what looks to me like Lucid slashing prices, for a company burning a lot of cash, seems to suggest a certain picture to me, but hey, it's just an opinion. I'm very excited for Gravity and don't claim any special knowledge. 🤷‍♂️ I hope it comes soon with a feature set that works for me. I joined to learn more about Gravity, and I've already learned a lot from many threads, so thanks to those who've posted so much.

Back