Air Pure standard equipment

Last year when I reserved a Pure, I worried that I wasn't good enough for such an amazing (and expensive) car. But now that It appears that the Pure won't have...
  1. heated or cooled or massaging seats
  2. Sunshades
  3. 924 volt system
  4. Power hoods
I feel much better?

Last edited:
I truly believe the speculation on the options just needs to be put on hold. No one is being asked to confirm their reservation yet and I doubt anyone is going to cancel this far into the game. Let's just take a breathe and relax.

That's it, I am going to reserve the new Yugo EV, how bad can it be 🤣

Pure me!

I truly believe the speculation on the options just needs to be put on hold. No one is being asked to confirm their reservation yet and I doubt anyone is going to cancel this far into the game. Let's just take a breathe and relax.
Sorry, but these things aren't considered options.
Which of these is speculative? As far as I know, none.
Is everything on this forum scrubbed for accuracy? I didn't claim to be an authority.
BTW, humor.

Last edited:
Last year when I reserved a Pure, I worried that I wasn't good enough for such an amazing (and expensive) car. But now that It appears that the Pure won't have...
  1. heated or cooled or massaging seats
  2. Sunshades
  3. 924 volt system
  4. Power hoods
I feel much better?
I find I hard to believe a vehicle shooting for high efficiency will not offer heated seats. The High Voltage drop represents the drop in modules (from 22>18?). I suspect the voltage per module is the same and the charging time will be the same but 30 % less capacity?

Which of these is speculative? As far as I know, none.
1, 2, and 4. You and I don't know so it is speculative by definition. Yesterday, @mnewber1 posted a response from Lucid that all trims include power sun shades. There have been a few posts stating that all trims will have heated seats (at least front seats). No one has stated that power hoods won't be included - you just jumped to the conclusion based on Lucid using cautionary language. As @hydbob is alluding, none of us know until Lucid officially comes out with the specs for the Pure and that won't be until closer to when confirmations are requested. It could be that in a few months, Lucid decides they need to lower the cost (to them) of the Pure and all of your guesses prove out but right now, responses gathered from Lucid says 1 and 2 are wrong and no one knows about #4.

In the absence of facts, we are going to fill in the blanks with our guesses and ask questions of each other. That's just human nature. But it would be nice if the speculation didn't conflict with information provided by Lucid.

I believe front heated seats are standard.

Touring+ has backseat heated seats, and ventilated front seats.
When you say Touring+
Does that mean Lucid Touring and above?
Or Did you mean everything above the Touring, meaning only the AGT and Dream Edition?

Just making sure

1, 2, and 4. You and I don't know so it is speculative by definition. Yesterday, @mnewber1 posted a response from Lucid that all trims include power sun shades. There have been a few posts stating that all trims will have heated seats (at least front seats). No one has stated that power hoods won't be included - you just jumped to the conclusion based on Lucid using cautionary language. As @hydbob is alluding, none of us know until Lucid officially comes out with the specs for the Pure and that won't be until closer to when confirmations are requested. It could be that in a few months, Lucid decides they need to lower the cost (to them) of the Pure and all of your guesses prove out but right now, responses gathered from Lucid says 1 and 2 are wrong and no one knows about #4.

In the absence of facts, we are going to fill in the blanks with our guesses and ask questions of each other. That's just human nature. But it would be nice if the speculation didn't conflict with information provided by Lucid.
Ok. For example, the current owner manual says “Some Lucid Air models are equipped with power sunshades in the rear window and both rear passenger windows.” I just assumed they are talking about the Pure. The same goes for the power hoods.
And I thought it was commonly agreed about the seats.

When you say Touring+
Does that mean Lucid Touring and above?
Or Did you mean everything above the Touring, meaning only the AGT and Dream Edition?

Just making sure

Touring, Grand Touring, Grand Touring Performance, Dream P+R

Ok. For example, the current owner manual says “Some Lucid Air models are equipped with power sunshades in the rear window and both rear passenger windows.” I just assumed they are talking about the Pure. The same goes for the power hoods.
You are assuming that "some" is exclusionary rather than inclusive. Here's the definition from Oxfords:
some
/səm/
Learn to pronounce
determiner
an unspecified amount or number of.
"I made some money running errands"
used to refer to someone or something that is unknown or unspecified.
"I was talking to some journalist the other day"
pronoun
an unspecified number or amount of people or things.
"here are some of our suggestions"
at least a small amount or number of people or things.
"surely some have noticed"

The use of "some" leaves open ended whether ALL trims or just 1 trim has the feature. It doesn't necessarily mean a couple will and a couple won't - it's an unspecified number. So as I stated earlier, it doesn't exclude Lucid from deleting the feature from Pure or Touring at some point but a SA has stated that the current intent is to include it on all trims.

The name of this thread is Air Pure standard equipment.

The name of this thread is Air Pure standard equipment.
Yes I understand that, but there are people here making assumptions on what is standard and what it not based off speculation and not anything confirmed by Lucid.

I, like others here, find it odd that “some” automatically means “not Pure” to you. As opposed to, “Maybe someday we‘ll offer a model without this, so we’d better cover our butts and say some.” That manual was printed before the Dream shipped. They probably had no idea what would be included in the Pure at that point. Better to be safe then have to print a new manual.

It’s very common marketing/lawyer speak. I wouldn’t read too much into it. You could be right, but it’s far from a slam dunk.

Almost sounds to me like you are trying to talk yourself out of this car. Which is fine. But you‘ll have a hard time convincing others until we hear from Lucid.

I, like others here, find it odd that “some” automatically means “not Pure” to you. As opposed to, “Maybe someday we‘ll offer a model without this, so we’d better cover our butts and say some.” That manual was printed before the Dream shipped. They probably had no idea what would be included in the Pure at that point. Better to be safe then have to print a new manual.

It’s very common marketing/lawyer speak. I wouldn’t read too much into it. You could be right, but it’s far from a slam dunk.

Almost sounds to me like you are trying to talk yourself out of this car. Which is fine. But you‘ll have a hard time convincing others until we hear from Lucid.
The owner manual I refer to Here is up to date from what I read. Search it for the two places where the word “models” appears.
And I find You odd too. (kidding).

Last edited:

Concerning “talk yourself out of this car”, you are right. Whether to upgrade to Touring to get the features I want.

Last edited:
What features are you looking for exactly?
Touring basically has everything the upper trims have except for mileage, horsepower and massage seats.

But even for the wind shades, I was told Touring for sure has it, as for Pure, i assume with the price increases they should have it too, but yeah too much speculation at this point

OK I finally heard back from my SA (1 week later). But not much new except maybe confirmation of delays.

WRT the range and power of the AWD version of the Pure, the details remain to be confirmed and should be available by the end of the year.

WRT the battery size, we can expect a different capacity than the Touring.

And finally WRT the test drive expected this summer, it's now scheduled for the fall. Without being pessimistic I would say not before Oct-Nov.

does any one know has an idea what is the range of the air pure with AWD ...i know they mentioned 406 miles projected not sure whether it is RWD or AWD . my guess is bigger battery pack in touring with AWD has same projected that gives me thinking 406 might be only RWD or not sure if we add the AWD it is still projected range ...

No one has final numbers. Judging from the number of battery modules and keeping the aero efficiency the same the Pure should be able to deliver 400+ miles. The dual motor will add weight and possibly some aero resistance but, judging from the Rivian which delivers the better m/kWh using just the front 2 motors, Lucid may deliver better m/kWh with an AWD setup and using the FWD on the highway.

No one has final numbers. Judging from the number of battery modules and keeping the aero efficiency the same the Pure should be able to deliver 400+ miles. The dual motor will add weight and possibly some aero resistance but, judging from the Rivian which delivers the better m/kWh using just the front 2 motors, Lucid may deliver better m/kWh with an AWD setup and using the FWD on the highway.
Ooh, this is taking the thread off course, but wouldn't it be great if Lucid was able to disable one of the motors on the highway or on an eco mode?

Back