Air Pure standard equipment

I totally agree. The Pure is a great value, if you go base and maybe only add one or two options. You get the best features of the GT at a fraction of the price. The giant rear seating area, the big frunk, the efficient motors, OTA updates, the same touch screens, the great driving dynamics.
I am expecting better driving dynamics with RWD and a lot less weight.

In my experience AWD is hands down a better driving dynamic than just RWD. I go on spirited drives on back county roads with 6-8 other fellows two Sundays a month and the AWD cars leave the RWD cars in the dust especially on really high speed sharp turns. Your mileage may vary…..

What does AWD add other than the 163 lbs engine combo?
AWD gives you traction off the line, no tire spin just pure grip. The best way to think of it is RWD pushes you along and AWD pulls you. Some people love RWD handling, you get more feel for the road and it makes you a better driver in the sense you have to be aware. AWD gives you that confidence that you can do anything on any surface and be a first-rate Ahole.

It's all about what YOU prefer in a car. What matters to you? Range, handling, traction, performance, thrills, etc.

Heard back from my SA. Very nice and polite and has no additional details. Expects them as we get closer to Pure production. I do hope that they allow us to stay in the older price bracket for upgrades until they release full Pure info. That seems like the reasonable thing to do as it's the only way anyone could make an informed decision about upgrading.

I sus this may be the case where the Pure is a bit more toss-able with slightly elevated agility due to the lower weight from less battery and motor. Eg i4/M50.

I meant, What weight does AWD add other than the 163 lbs engine combo?

Heard back from my SA. Very nice and polite and has no additional details. Expects them as we get closer to Pure production. I do hope that they allow us to stay in the older price bracket for upgrades until they release full Pure info. That seems like the reasonable thing to do as it's the only way anyone could make an informed decision about upgrading.
They didn’t do that for Touring folks upgrading to GT, so I doubt they’ll do that for Pure. They just gave us a cutoff date, without disclosing full specs.

The Pure variant is said to be produced in Q4. That is 2 months away.
What the heck are ALL of Pure’s specs and features?

If anyone genuinely believes the Pure will be produced in Q4, I have a bridge I'd like to sell them ;)
Not to mention the fact that the tech drawings aren’t done, and the parts aren’t ordered or in a warehouse. They are So not ready, they have No idea what the Pure will have.😳

When I pre-ordered my Pure back in May, I expect to see it in May 2023.

BUT ... if they'd let me upgrade my Pure reservation to Touring (or even GT) at the 'old' pricing, AND lock in the tax credit? It would be tempting.

BUT ... if they'd let me upgrade my Pure reservation to Touring (or even GT) at the 'old' pricing, AND lock in the tax credit? It would be tempting.
If this stupid bill passes, that might be what Lucid proposes. Upgrade to a Touring and lock in the $7500 tax credit by confirming the reservation.

Back